Forums > General Industry > have you ever had to?????

Photographer

PT PHOTO

Dallas, Georgia, US

Lot's of photographers on here have portfolios of pure nudes. and i am glad for that... i love what some people can do with that! plus as i have said before.. nudity has a "timeless" feel to it that i really appreciate it.

I do lots of nudes but want my portfolio to be more diverse... it's like if you want to do weddings put lots of weddings in there... if you want to do nudes show off your nudes!

but have you ever taken them of yourself and even let your model see or have them just to be fair on a girl or guy who needs that extra lil something?

hate asking that... sounds so "internet dating service", or "hello no one trust me so i go the extra mile to try to win it". that is not what i am talking about. I had a model who did two nude shoots with me... and then i kinda moved in with her for a week so i could house sit and take sunrise pics out on her roof of her high rise loft in downtown dallas! we had become close. One day i was changing in the corner (cause it was a open studio layout) and she said "no way! you have seen me nude in here.. you have two shoots of me nude! you do not get to change hidden in the corner!" It was the funniest thing i had heard in a while! so i made her a deal and she had to go out of town for a few days... while she was gone i took some nudes of myself and let her have them to be fair!

i couldnt help but think... how many other photographers  have done this?

Nov 21 06 01:52 am Link

Model

Sandra

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

PT PHOTO wrote:
Lot's of photographers on here have portfolios of pure nudes. and i am glad for that... i love what some people can do with that! plus as i have said before.. nudity has a "timeless" feel to it that i really appreciate it.

I do lots of nudes but want my portfolio to be more diverse... it's like if you want to do weddings put lots of weddings in there... if you want to do nudes show off your nudes!

but have you ever taken them of yourself and even let your model see or have them just to be fair on a girl or guy who needs that extra lil something?

hate asking that... sounds so "internet dating service", or "hello no one trust me so i go the extra mile to try to win it". that is not what i am talking about. I had a model who did two nude shoots with me... and then i kinda moved in with her for a week so i could house sit and take sunrise pics out on her roof of her high rise loft in downtown dallas! we had become close. One day i was changing in the corner (cause it was a loft) and she said "no way! you have seen me nude in here.. you have two shoots of me nude! you do not get to change hidden in the corner!" It was the funniest thing i had heard in a while! so i made her a deal and she had to go out of town for a few days... while she was gone i took some nudes of myself and let her have them to be fair!

that story is kinda hot? I dare say?! haha

I have no feedback for you besides that.. I am nota photographer who shoot nudes.. lol

Nov 21 06 01:57 am Link

Photographer

PT PHOTO

Dallas, Georgia, US

oh it was like a perfect painting... not the nude of me... moving in with her to get to new her better so the camera model thing became closer and closer. than every morning the sun would come bouncing through those high rises, and into these huge window she has and wake me up (in that perfect wake up way) and there she would be getting ready for work... naked as all get out and the light a perfect glow on her skin! it was a painting my dear... a painting.

and the pic of me came out real cool too!

Nov 21 06 02:08 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

PT PHOTO wrote:

hate asking that... sounds so "internet dating service", or "hello no one trust me so i go the extra mile to try to win it". that is not what i am talking about. I had a model who did two nude shoots with me... and then i kinda moved in with her for a week so i could house sit and take sunrise pics out on her roof of her high rise loft in downtown dallas! we had become close. One day i was changing in the corner (cause it was a open studio layout) and she said "no way! you have seen me nude in here.. you have two shoots of me nude! you do not get to change hidden in the corner!" It was the funniest thing i had heard in a while! so i made her a deal and she had to go out of town for a few days... while she was gone i took some nudes of myself and let her have them to be fair!

That's the weirdest stream of consciousness I've ever heard... Sounds like you need some sleep.

Nov 21 06 02:22 am Link

Photographer

Mr and Mrs Huber

Santa Rosalía, Baja California Sur, Mexico

Hey.. you down for a shoot?
I've got some nudes I'd like you to see... wink

Nov 21 06 03:12 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

PT PHOTO wrote:
...but have you ever taken them of yourself and even let your model see or have them just to be fair on a girl or guy who needs that extra lil something?...

You haven't lived until the phone rings and the model on the other end says: "I saw you on TV last night... NAKED... [giggle, giggle]" as has happened to me. But the response to that is that I would never ask a model to do anything that I wouldn't do myself.

When I was working for a nudist/naturist magazine [5 - 6 years] I often had to work in the nude just to gain admission to places that I had to be to shoot / report on [I was doing features] - nudist clubs and commercial nudist resorts. No big deal. Occasionally, I was even known to set the timer and jump into a shot as well. LOL

Studio36

Nov 21 06 03:46 am Link

Model

Alix Andrea

Los Angeles, California, US

studio36uk wrote:

You haven't lived until the phone rings and the model on the other end says: "I saw you on TV last night... NAKED... [giggle, giggle]" as has happened to me. But the response to that is that I would never ask a model to do anything that I wouldn't do myself.

When I was working for a nudist/naturist magazine [5 - 6 years] I often had to work in the nude just to gain admission to places that I had to be to shoot / report on [I was doing features] - nudist clubs and commercial nudist resorts. No big deal. Occasionally, I was even known to set the timer and jump into a shot as well. LOL

Studio36

Haha, what had to be an interesting phone call...

Nov 21 06 04:23 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

It amazes me how many similar stories to this I have seen posted on MM.

Nov 21 06 04:52 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Alix Andrea wrote:
Haha, what had to be an interesting phone call...

Just some fun on her part. We have all kinds of nudity on TV in the UK so it was not at all unusual. I wasn't alone either the whole cast and all the extras were nude in the programme. That time I was hired as an extra... and managed to secure a story and some still photos of my own [with permission] on "the making of" the programme. Wound up getting paid twice - once at Equity scale from the production company for being in it, and secondly by the magazine for the material they published as a short feature. Hell, a couple of million people probably saw me nude on that show... and it has been broadcast more than once. Great fun and a good solid appearance credit. I'm in the party scenes in clip #6 [below link] and did some other scenes not available on the web:

http://bzvideoclips.net/UK_celebs/Sarah … niven.html

Another one I reported on but thank God wasn't IN was Naked Jungle... a nude game show where all the contestants AND the host were nude. That one is consistently rated as "The Worst British TV show ever made." LOL

http://www.ukgameshows.com/page/index.php/Naked_Jungle

Studio36

Nov 21 06 10:57 am Link

Photographer

PT PHOTO

Dallas, Georgia, US

really? i am kinda new here!

Nov 21 06 11:16 am Link

Photographer

PT PHOTO

Dallas, Georgia, US

studio36uk wrote:

Studio36

great story! thanks for sharing!!!

Nov 21 06 11:17 am Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Nope. Never.

I also don't feel the need to try to repair my own car for the benefit of my auto mechanic, or take out my own appendix for the benefit of my surgeon.

But that's me.

Nov 21 06 11:20 am Link

Photographer

PT PHOTO

Dallas, Georgia, US

Christopher Ambler wrote:
Nope. Never.

I also don't feel the need to try to repair my own car for the benefit of my auto mechanic, or take out my own appendix for the benefit of my surgeon.

But that's me.

so youre fat and insecure?

or just chauvinistic?

or is it something else?

Nov 21 06 11:31 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Nope. Never.

But that's me.

Come on Christopher, lighten up... ROTFLMAO.......

Sooner or later I plan to get to London to cover a "nude club night" ["Starkers Club" - one night a month] where everyone from the bartender, to the band / DJ, to the customers participate in the nude. I've had a long standing invite to do it but travel from outside London for their club hours is always a problem.

http://www.starkersclub.co.uk/

Studio36

Nov 21 06 11:34 am Link

Photographer

e Photography Australia

Werribee South, Victoria, Australia

Yeah I've gone topless for a shoot before.....the guy was very appreciative...it didn't feel weird at all.  and I've done my own nudes....used the timer on my camera and just let it go....most of my friends and family have either seen the shots or seen me in different stages of nakedness...so what's the big deal?!?  Being nude in public isn't for everyone and that's what makes us all different!

Nov 21 06 11:38 am Link

Photographer

Dave Krueger

Huntsville, Alabama, US

PT PHOTO wrote:

but have you ever taken them of yourself and even let your model see or have them...

Hell, no.  That would be to inflict irreparable brain damage on someone.  She'd never smile again and would probably have to seek treatment just to keep from slitting her wrists or throwing herself under the wheels of a dump truck.  It would shatter her faith in the concept of "survival of the fittest" as applied to humans and she would eventually find solace by surrounding herself with large farm animals like Catherine the Great.  It would be tragic...

Nov 21 06 11:45 am Link

Photographer

Dave Krueger

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Apparition Photogrphics wrote:
Yeah I've gone topless for a shoot before.....

Hell, if more female photographers would do that, even I'd try modeling.  That is if it weren't for the aforementioned hazards....

Nov 21 06 11:49 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

"Lot's?"

"Lot is?"

Sorry, I just get stuck on some people's habit of inserting an apostrophe before every "S."

Nov 21 06 11:52 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Apparition Photogrphics wrote:
Yeah I've gone topless for a shoot before.....

Dave Krueger wrote:
Hell, if more female photographers would do that, even I'd try modeling.  That is if it weren't for the aforementioned hazards....

I took pictures of Iona taking pictures of Wynd. Only I had clothes on. I think pretty much everybody agreed that that was preferred.

Nov 21 06 11:53 am Link

Photographer

Dave Krueger

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Stephen Melvin wrote:
"Lot's?"

"Lot is?"

Sorry, I just get stuck on some people's habit of inserting an apostrophe before every "S."

Thanks for sharing.

Nov 21 06 11:54 am Link

Photographer

Ron Casas Photography

Chapin, South Carolina, US

Dear Penthouse froums......

Nov 21 06 11:57 am Link

Photographer

PT PHOTO

Dallas, Georgia, US

Dave Krueger wrote:

Hell, no.  That would be to inflict irreparable brain damage on someone.  She'd never smile again and would probably have to seek treatment just to keep from slitting her wrists or throwing herself under the wheels of a dump truck.  It would shatter her faith in the concept of "survival of the fittest" as applied to humans and she would eventually find solace by surrounding herself with large farm animals like Catherine the Great.  It would be tragic...

well... i guess it is better you dont join in!!! hahahahaha! that was a great read though! did anyone see the new nudist thread? i put my pic in there... i had no idea they had that thread going!

Nov 21 06 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

Ex Voto Studio

Columbia, Maryland, US

I shot naked when model asked me to..  seemed only fair..i had a thread on it..maybe you can find it

Nov 21 06 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

lightsandshadow

New York, New York, US

When I was starting out my port had a few family members, some photojournalism and me as the model.  I had modeled nude for a few friends that where finishing up their college work so being in front of the camera isn't a big deal for me. 
In fact, it's time for my once a year self shoot, so I'm going to have a model I've worked with before help me do this.

Nov 21 06 12:11 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

I'm gonna start shooting nudes!

Nov 21 06 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

PT PHOTO wrote:
so youre fat and insecure?

or just chauvinistic?

or is it something else?

Sorry, I don't respond well to insults. It must be something else.

Nov 21 06 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

Shadowscape Studio

MARCELL, Minnesota, US

I shoot myself nude quite often when I am model poor.  The images go up on a web site for critiques on a regular basis.  At 54 years of age I probably will not be able to continue much longer however.  I don't bend as well as I use to.
www.shadowscape.photopoints.com
for those interested.
I don't exchange images of me nude with a model though.  That sounds like you are asking for trouble.

Nov 21 06 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

*taking notes*

"Keys to getting models to shoot naked"

tongue

Nov 21 06 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

PT PHOTO

Dallas, Georgia, US

Sorry, I don't respond well to insults. It must be something else.

then you shouldnt be insulting

Nov 21 06 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

PT PHOTO

Dallas, Georgia, US

Shadowscape Studio wrote:
I shoot myself nude quite often when I am model poor.  The images go up on a web site for critiques on a regular basis.  At 54 years of age I probably will not be able to continue much longer however.  I don't bend as well as I use to.
www.shadowscape.photopoints.com
for those interested.
I don't exchange images of me nude with a model though.  That sounds like you are asking for trouble.

great work!

Nov 21 06 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

PT PHOTO wrote:

then you shouldnt be insulting

Excuse me? In what universe was what I said insulting?

Good luck with that attitude, my friend. Do remember that name-calling in a public forum often comes back to bite you.

Nov 21 06 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

Split Images Studio

Seattle, Washington, US

Have done self nude portraits of myself, fun to do. And have had several women friends do nudes of me. Also a lot of fun, to be on the other side of the lens for a change.

Patrick

Nov 21 06 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Ron Casas wrote:
Dear Penthouse froums......

Damn you man...you stole my line. Do I lead that sheltered of a life?

Nov 21 06 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Split Images Studio wrote:
Have done self nude portraits of myself, fun to do. And have had several women friends do nudes of me. Also a lot of fun, to be on the other side of the lens for a change.

Patrick

I've done the same but once I start Photoshopping myself it's a real eye opener smile

Nov 21 06 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

PT PHOTO

Dallas, Georgia, US

Excuse me? In what universe was what I said insulting?

Good luck with that attitude, my friend. Do remember that name-calling in a public forum often comes back to bite you.

i do apologize.... i thought you were trying to be a smart ass.

Nov 21 06 02:05 pm Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Hey...to each his own. I say if you're not going around offering models naked photos of yourself randomly, who am I to judge? Lord knows there has been a photographer or two I wouldn't have minded seeing naked. Granted...I didn't ask, because I personally don't think it's especially professional, and don't really want to be viewed by the general public that way, but you do what you're comfortable with.

Nov 21 06 02:40 pm Link