Forums > General Industry > What the hell kind of rag is it????? Tell me.....

Photographer

Stacy Leigh

New York, New York, US

What kind of a magazine is TopView Magazine from Brazil?? News, mens, fashion??? I have googled it and get nada...My guess is they are a small publication probably used to line bird cages everywhere. They must be a rag if they are going to publish my pics!!!

Anybody know anything about this mag?

Thanks,
Stacy Leigh

Nov 20 06 05:18 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

I used some search resources in the journalism field [not ordinary search engines] that search publications worldwide by name and list the contact details, and I can't find it as a title "in print." TopView isn't even listed as a title anywhere in the world. Are you sure they are not an "on-line" only publication? But, even with that in mind, there is no website to be found under that title anywhere, either.

It draws a total blank.

If they are going to publish some of your work what kind of contact do you have for/from them in the first place???

Studio36

Nov 20 06 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

stan wigmore photograph

Long Beach, California, US

Stacy Leigh wrote:
What kind of a magazine is TopView Magazine from Brazil?? News, mens, fashion??? I have googled it and get nada...My guess is they are a small publication probably used to line bird cages everywhere. They must be a rag if they are going to publish my pics!!!

Anybody know anything about this mag?

Thanks,
Stacy Leigh

Way to go ,Stacy.Not bad for a ,"fluffy" photographer (gotta read her profile to understand)

Nov 20 06 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

Stacy Leigh

New York, New York, US

studio36uk wrote:
I used some search resources in the journalism field [not ordinary search engines] that search publications worldwide by name and list the contact details, and I can't find it as a title "in print." TopView isn't even listed as a title anywhere in the world. Are you sure they are not an "on-line" only publication? But, even with that in mind, there is no website to be found under that title anywhere, either.

It draws a total blank.

If they are going to publish some of your work what kind of contact do you have for/from them in the first place???

Studio36

Actually I am working with a company called Abyss and the photos are of their products. They [Abyss] are the ones who are working with this magazine and the photos that will acompany the article will be mine. I have no direct contact with the magazine, Abyss does. According to my abyss contact I will recieve a "copy" for my resume/portfolio. I don't know if that means print or online....I certainly hope it's tangible!!!! I won't even count an online publication as being "published".

Nov 20 06 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Stacy Leigh wrote:
Actually I am working with a company called Abyss and the photos are of their products. They [Abyss] are the ones who are working with this magazine and the photos that will acompany the article will be mine. I have no direct contact with the magazine, Abyss does. According to my abyss contact I will recieve a "copy" for my resume/portfolio. I don't know if that means print or online....I certainly hope it's tangible!!!! I won't even count an online publication as being "published".

Well what I didn't find doesn't mean that it doesn't exist at all... but it doesn't apparently exist, as far as I can tell, as a general circulation publication with that title/name. Could be a corporate or other close circulation mag, though, that wouldn't be listed. I find the English title you quoted [TopView] a bit odd though in a country where Portuguese is normally spoken... not that some one between you and the mag [your client?] isn't using a translation of a Portuguese title/name.

Studio36

Nov 21 06 01:59 am Link

Photographer

Stacy Leigh

New York, New York, US

Hey- thanks for trying. I suppose I will have to wait and see. Hopefully they botched the title, because TopView can't even be translated. thanks again though.

Nov 21 06 05:59 am Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

Would help to know what Kind of Images they were going to use.

Men's Magazines out of Brazil:
------------------
Adult

Bigman internacional

Playboy

Sexy

Trip

------------------
I went through almost all the major fashion magazines out of Brazil, and although I must say then their concept of a fashion magazine (or at least the site I used to search) is far different than mine, Your TopView was not their.

Also, Male Models take note - You want a chance to really make money? Go to Brazil. There are a ton of Mags there with male models - from Playgirl equivilant right down to guy on guy mags....

Nov 21 06 06:49 am Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

Stacy Leigh wrote:
Actually I am working with a company called Abyss and the photos are of their products. They [Abyss] are the ones who are working with this magazine and the photos that will acompany the article will be mine. I have no direct contact with the magazine, Abyss does.

It certainly seems peculiar. Have you asked Abyss for a URL for the mag? Does Abyss have a site?

Nov 21 06 09:06 am Link

Photographer

Stacy Leigh

New York, New York, US

Curt Burgess wrote:

It certainly seems peculiar. Have you asked Abyss for a URL for the mag? Does Abyss have a site?

I suppose you guys have not yet viewed my portfolio. Abyss is the maker of the Realdoll, their website is www.realdoll.com. I am working with them on several projects and this was one of them.

Nov 21 06 03:10 pm Link