Forums > General Industry > What makes a pervert?

Photographer

byReno

Arlington Heights, Illinois, US

I have been lurking around the forums lately and time and time again the term “Pervert” come up.  Some of the threads deal with groping but most as near as I can conclude have something to do with gentlemen of questionable age desiring a pretty young woman or if a male is sexually attracted to a women but the feeling is not reciprocated.  Maybe he is a geek or not bless with genetics.  None seem to really fall into any definition I could find.  For example:

pervert
n : a person whose behavior deviates from what is acceptable especially in sexual behavior [syn: deviant, deviate, degenerate] v 1: corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality; "debauch the young people with wine and women"; "Socrates was accused of corrupting young men"; "Do school counselors subvert young children?"; "corrupt the morals" [syn: corrupt, subvert, demoralize, demoralise, debauch, debase, profane, vitiate, deprave, misdirect] 2: practice sophistry; change the meaning of or be vague about in order to mislead or deceive [syn: twist, twist around, convolute, sophisticate] 3: change the inherent purpose or function of something; "Don't abuse the system"; "The director of the factory misused the funds intended for the health care of his workers" [syn: misuse, abuse]

It started me contemplating what this means.

Back in 1968, 18 at the time, I had a nude photograph of a very lovely young lady.  Bridget Bardot to be concise.  She was stunning, a body so perfect, a face so beautiful.  She was an artist’s dream and yes, I desired her.  Oh how I desired her. 

I sit here staring at that very same image.  The young woman in that photo is still, oh so beautiful and the lust for such an exquisite body is still there.  The only thing that had changed is the passage of time.  I wonder if “TIME” is what makes a pervert? 

I fumble through some more photos and come across a sunset I shot in ‘72’.  It is still breathtaking.  What sort of sick, disturbing thing is this?  I think I need help.

Nov 20 06 03:51 pm Link

Model

Susi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I don't know, but I sure enjoy being one:-)

Nov 20 06 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

byReno wrote:
What makes a pervert?

A camera wink

Nov 20 06 03:54 pm Link

Model

TheStitchWitch

Needville, Texas, US

Nov 20 06 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Practice, practice, practice..

Nov 20 06 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Jantz

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Susi wrote:

LOL!!  Most of us are voyeuristic.  Some just admit it.  smile  Seriously, I think the term 'pervert' is thrown around pretty loosely.  It is also a relative term.

Nov 20 06 03:57 pm Link

Model

Alix Andrea

Los Angeles, California, US

byReno wrote:
I have been lurking around the forums lately and time and time again the term “Pervert” come up.  Some of the threads deal with groping but most as near as I can conclude have something to do with gentlemen of questionable age desiring a pretty young woman or if a male is sexually attracted to a women but the feeling is not reciprocated.  Maybe he is a geek or not bless with genetics.  None seem to really fall into any definition I could find.  For example:

pervert
n : a person whose behavior deviates from what is acceptable especially in sexual behavior [syn: deviant, deviate, degenerate] v 1: corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality; "debauch the young people with wine and women"; "Socrates was accused of corrupting young men"; "Do school counselors subvert young children?"; "corrupt the morals" [syn: corrupt, subvert, demoralize, demoralise, debauch, debase, profane, vitiate, deprave, misdirect] 2: practice sophistry; change the meaning of or be vague about in order to mislead or deceive [syn: twist, twist around, convolute, sophisticate] 3: change the inherent purpose or function of something; "Don't abuse the system"; "The director of the factory misused the funds intended for the health care of his workers" [syn: misuse, abuse]

It started me contemplating what this means.

Back in 1968, 18 at the time, I had a nude photograph of a very lovely young lady.  Bridget Bardot to be concise.  She was stunning, a body so perfect, a face so beautiful.  She was an artist’s dream and yes, I desired her.  Oh how I desired her. 

I sit here staring at that very same image.  The young woman in that photo is still, oh so beautiful and the lust for such an exquisite body is still there.  The only thing that had changed is the passage of time.  I wonder if “TIME” is what makes a pervert? 

I fumble through some more photos and come across a sunset I shot in ‘72’.  It is still breathtaking.  What sort of sick, disturbing thing is this?  I think I need help.

When I hear the word "pervert" I always think of "Pedophile Herbert" from family guy
https://s2.simpload.com/11204562287401507.gif

Nov 20 06 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

dgold

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

...pervert = perfect.

Nov 20 06 04:00 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

When a female finds a male (usually older) who has expressed interest to be unattractive, he is a pervert.

When a female finds a male (usually younger) who has expressed interest to be attractive, he is a great catch.

Nov 20 06 04:01 pm Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Okay, a man and a woman get together. The man stimulates the....

Nov 20 06 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

Collin J. Rae

Winchester, Virginia, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:
Practice, practice, practice..

exactly, it's like the old saying goes..."Practice makes pervert"

Nov 20 06 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

Dario Western

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Someone with a shopping trolley full of camera films, vaseline and kleenex tissues.

Nov 20 06 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

I pity thee, Philistine...

Some seem to think that pervert is a branding to be avoided.  I feel it's a distiction to which one should aspire.  Only when I receive the title of pervert have I truly arrived.  I know there's not much in the way of fuckery and kink in my work now, but just give me time.  I'll make you blush soon enough...

Nov 20 06 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

Wolf 189

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Giving into animalistic natural instincts of human with no or little control.

Nov 20 06 04:07 pm Link

Model

Sinistra626

Tampa, Florida, US

Ive had many photog. from here ask me questions that he shouldnt ask a 16 year old. One even said He wants to "make art with me" I guess he thought I might have been stupid but I know that him posing in the pictures with me with both of us naked doesnt really fall into the art that Im thinking of. But at least Ive had some say they wanna wait till Im 18 to do nudes, but I can wait to do them my mom does nudes and I personaly think the human body naked is more beautiful than with cloths. : 0 )

Photographer

CarrJacked Photography

Asheville, North Carolina, US

I'll pick up a list of requirements at the next meeting and post them on here.

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Pattaya, Central, Thailand

It doesn't matter how you define normal -- there's always somebody out there who will define what you think is perfectly normal as "perverted."

Nov 20 06 04:19 pm Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
When a female finds a male (usually older) who has expressed interest to be unattractive, he is a pervert.

When a female finds a male (usually younger) who has expressed interest to be attractive, he is a great catch.

BINGO!

Nov 20 06 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

MMDesign wrote:
Okay, a man and a woman get together. The man stimulates the....

Intellect?

Nov 20 06 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

The Catholic Church has been making them for generations.

Nov 20 06 05:01 pm Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:
The Catholic Church has been making them for generations.

We have a winner here! Step right up and claim your prize.

Nov 20 06 05:04 pm Link

Photographer

Michael R Kihn Studios

Erie, Pennsylvania, US

I do know you will find a lot of real perverts on MM
just read some of the comments that jerks leave on models pics and you will believe me too

Nov 20 06 05:11 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Collin J. Rae wrote:
exactly, it's like the old saying goes..."Practice makes pervert"

"That's Pervect!"

Nov 21 06 03:15 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Some of my favorite photographers are self-proclaimed "perverts".  That's fine.

They normally shoot nudes (sometimes pretty graphic ones), but they know my boundaries and don't PUSH-PUSH-PUSH when we work together.  There's mutual respect and a willingness to collaborate.

I like that kind of pervert.  They're generally fun people.

The perverts I don't like are the ones who:

1) have little skill or talent
2) only take photos as an excuse to ask people to get nekkid
3) don't respect boundaries
4) constantly try to take models FAR outside their comfort zone
5) display a complete lack of consideration

It comes down to one basic thing: respect.

Most photographers who get called "perverts" by models are the ones who have no respect for the people they shoot with.

It's just not cool.

Nov 21 06 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

When a daddy pervert and a mommy pervert love one another a whole bunch, they do a special horizontal dance.

Nov 21 06 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Beyond

Tustin, California, US

Michael R  Kihn Studios wrote:
I do know you will find a lot of real perverts on MM
just read some of the comments that jerks leave on models pics and you will believe me too

I absolutely agree. There are so many comments that are more like things you'd see on Myspace. It's a slightly different issue, but keep the lustful comments over there, misters.

Nov 21 06 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

markcomp wrote:

Intellect?

I thought it was the lack off. Now I know I am wrong. I am one. big_smile

Nov 21 06 04:16 pm Link

Model

arianna77

Germantown, Maryland, US

Kevin Connery wrote:

"That's Pervect!"

Ahahahaha, I love you.  Awesome books.

Nov 21 06 11:47 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

hey pervs can be cool

they are any one, if a little off the beaten track - in any direction - that admits to it

sometimes tho a photo shoot is not the time to indulge in this admission
(either verbally or by behaviour -
creepy looks, licking lips. sweating, groping. fondling or panting)

smile

Nov 22 06 12:00 am Link

Model

RDawkins

Breckenridge, Colorado, US

Diane Arbus was definitely a pervert. And definitely one of the greatest artists of this age.

Nov 22 06 12:01 am Link

Photographer

ShadowCrafter

Pike Road, Alabama, US

Nuthin wrong with bein a prevert.

I've been a good one for quite some time.

I didnt know Susi was one.  but now that I do....  shucks   we ought to have a pre vert convention.

seems only natural.

Nov 22 06 12:12 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

Barry Manilow?

is on TV on the awards show

hmmm those lyrics sound a bit pervy now he's sooooo old!!

Nov 22 06 12:12 am Link

Photographer

ShadowCrafter

Pike Road, Alabama, US

damn trekkie  preverts

Nov 22 06 12:13 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

sorry. i cant stop singing that original Star Trek theme tune

didn't realise it was bothering you!!

Nov 22 06 12:24 am Link

Photographer

Photocraft

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

byReno wrote:
I have been lurking around the forums lately and time and time again the term “Pervert” come up.

...someone who lurks around on forums waiting for the word "Pervert" to come up...
smile and I mean that in only the best sense of the word.

So is there a different semantic between "Pervert" and "perv", like perv is the nickname, and the full name is only used in anger. Kind of like "Herbie" vs. "Herbert B. Anthony Glass come here this instant!"

Nov 22 06 02:53 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

You know you are a perv when the model takes off her clothes you start to drool... like Pavlov's dog.

Studio36

Nov 22 06 04:47 am Link

Photographer

BlackWatch

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Dario Western wrote:
Someone with a shopping trolley full of camera films, vaseline and kleenex tissues.

Don't forget the 40 feet of plastic tubing and the llama.

Nov 22 06 04:55 am Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

byReno wrote:
think I need help

(*reaching for DSM*)

F

Nov 22 06 04:57 am Link

Photographer

BlackWatch

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Susi wrote:

Perverted girls are the hottest kinds of girls...

Nov 22 06 05:00 am Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

I make a pervert.... smile... smile

heheheh had to be a diva fer a minute... back to my normal self now.....

Nov 22 06 05:01 am Link