Forums > General Industry > timeframe clauses

Model

Dara_w

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I have had (as well as other models) had a hard time getting my pictures back when doing TFP. Is it tacky to have a time clause in my model release/contract with a photog? It would state something like "photo's need to be relinquished to model within two months or..." If any models have used a similar clause, how well do photog's respond to it?

Nov 19 06 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

Sounds like a lovely idea to me. Shots more than 6 months old are not useful in a professional portfolio, and it's doubtful they are useful in an amateur one either.

And two months sounds about right to me. However, it should be clear that any time between when the photographer lets you select your final shots and your getting back to him with your choices "pauses" the clock.

Nov 20 06 12:45 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

what would the "or...." be though? I think it's a good idea but what are the repercussions if they do not follow through?

Nov 20 06 12:46 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Jessalyn wrote:
what would the "or...." be though? I think it's a good idea but what are the repercussions if they do not follow through?

They get added to the "Win a date with Jessalyn" thread...

Nov 20 06 12:47 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Stephen Melvin wrote:

They get added to the "Win a date with Jessalyn" thread...

because they are losers?

Nov 20 06 12:47 am Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

dee740 wrote:
Is it tacky to have a time clause in my model release/contract with a photog? It would state something like "photo's need to be relinquished to model within two months or..."

Businesses do this type of thing far more than we know if we are not used to reading their contracts; it's actually quite common to establish, in writing, some sort of time/progression line ...

Jessalyn wrote:

... with [consequences] being whatever both parties can agree on.

(Granted, hopefully it'd be something reasonable and/or that one one of the parties would recognize otherwise & continue negotiations).

F

Nov 20 06 12:55 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Jessalyn wrote:
because they are losers?

Yup!

Nov 20 06 12:56 am Link

Makeup Artist

Riannan the Artist

Punta Gorda, Florida, US

I am still waiting as a makeup artist for pictures that were from a legitimate photo shoot in August.  It is not November 19th.  I am angry as well.

Nov 20 06 01:34 am Link