Forums > General Industry > music videos

Model

Jennifer81

COLLEGE POINT, New York, US

So a friend of mine and I were discussing this: how do these models break into the music video industry?  How do they hear about these opportunities b/c not all are represented by an agency.  Any insight?

Nov 19 06 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

RBDesign

North East, Maryland, US

Hang around with musicians wink

RB

Nov 19 06 12:12 pm Link

Model

Jus Chocolate

Yonkers, New York, US

I've been in a video,there's this site called mymodeltalk.com,they have daily castings for all areas of the US,so hopefully u can find something there
Good luck

Nov 19 06 12:18 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Good question.  I have no idea.  That's not the answer you were looking for was it?

Nov 19 06 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Agency castings, friends in the right places, being int he right place at the right time.  There is no for sure wa to get into music videos, but all of those will increase your chances.

Nov 19 06 10:54 pm Link

Model

Jakki Browne

Los Angeles, California, US

Well in LA all the music videos are posted on the casting sites so models can submit themselves (that's how I got in videos) my agent never submitted me for videos. I don't know how it works in NY. It also probably varies based on the genre, and the type of model they are looking for in the video.  High Fashion models are usually booked through agencies, but "urban" models might not have agents.

Nov 19 06 11:01 pm Link