Forums > General Industry > OMP Comp cards and buisness cards

Model

Soni

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Has anyone ordered from them and is the price as much as it says it is. For example for the buisness cards its 39.95 for 400. I want to know after they send you the proof do they charge extra or its 39.95 and shipping only.

It says  make sure you provide a valid and active email)
1-2 Business Days to produce a proof. (IS THIS EXTRA aside from the 39.95)?
We will email a proof*. Proof must be approved before printing.
After approval: 2-3 Business Days to print. Customized Items might take longer.

If any model has ordered how was her experience like. If you prefer you can send me a message.

Thank you
Soni

May 02 05 02:14 am Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Why make OMP business and comp cards?  Get them done professionally.

May 02 05 02:25 am Link

Photographer

Joe Tomasone

Spring Hill, Florida, US

I've never quite understood why you'd want business or comp cards that have OMP's logos and info sprayed all over them.  They still do, right?

May 02 05 04:43 am Link

Photographer

ANON

Posted by Joe Tomasone: 
I've never quite understood why you'd want business or comp cards that have OMP's logos and info sprayed all over them.  They still do, right?

We signed a model recently who had a stack of OMP cards with OMP written all over it.  How amateur.  She had to toss them in the garbage.  Your agency logo goes on your comp cards, if you're a professional model... not some Internet modeling site name.

May 02 05 09:16 am Link

Model

Madame Cosmos

Atlanta, Georgia, US

OMP business cards are really silly.
That's like making Myspace trading cards.
Oh yeah its new fad. OMP BUSSINESS CARDS, MYSPACE TRADING CARDS. same shit different site, lmao.
Oh no, I may have just started the worst trend next to spinning rims, & slap on arm bracelets.

May 02 05 09:25 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Holla atcha boy. I'll design and get your business card printed. It won't be $39.99 though, you won't get a corney template based business card stamped out from me.

EMG STUDIOS - WHEN YOU NEED TO BE NOTICED!

May 02 05 10:38 am Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I use gotprint.com.  I got 5000 2-sided color cards for $100.  Pretty good deal, great quality, and I'll be well sick of the design long before I can pass all those out. 

May 02 05 10:42 am Link

Model

veester

Portland, Oregon, US

Thanks, Larry! Sounds like a good deal!

May 02 05 10:45 am Link

Photographer

Doug Harvey

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I agree...I have seen the quality of the cards first hand and I certainly would not want them...For all intent and purposes, you can go to VistaPrint.com and get free cards and only pay the 3.95 for shipping. At least it will then be your card, but there will be the vistaprint logo on the back of the card...still, it is a much better card...Compcards...Without question...Get them done right from a good printer

May 02 05 10:46 am Link

Model

Soni

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Thank you for the replies and feedback guys, i was looking at them since they seemed cheap. I got some good links and will be ordering them soon. Thank you smile

May 02 05 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

Magic Image Photography

Temple City, California, US

I ordered some OMP business cards once. They never sent them to me. And when I wrote to them and sent them a copie of my statement that indicated that they had charged my accoutn they still didn't send me my order. All I got from them was in their own twisted ways a SHOWCASE image. I guess if I wanted any more showcase images I will just have to cough up an other $29.99. Bravo Magic Image Photography

May 02 05 04:20 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

OMP has pretty cool t-shirts! I wore mine because I would get people asking me if I was a model or something ... LOL It would lead to me explaining to them that I am a photographer which is always good for potential business. ModelMeyhem should have shirts for sale!

May 02 05 04:26 pm Link

Model

Sarah Marie Hilker

Los Angeles, California, US

I ordered a Silver Year Package.  It came with comp and business cards.  It took FOREVER to get them, but the quality is pretty good.

I don't know much about quality wise, I guess.  I've never found a real reason for comp cards.

May 02 05 06:45 pm Link

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

MORRISDALE, Pennsylvania, US

Why bother? If you go to something like coloritprinting.com you can download a template for business cards and get something like 1000 for $75.

I did postcards instead of business cards! There's lots more room for an eyecatching image on the front, and it makes a big difference.

mjr.

May 02 05 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

I dunno much about business cards. I create my on my computer, print 'em and cut them at Kinkos. It don't cost much at all!!!! 

As for the t-shirts ... I've been wearing torn blue jeans, and t-shirts I buy from the bands on MySpace for cheap. Goes good with my black leather biker jacket. I was born a rocker and have not changed one bit! So the t-shirt I got from OMP is about all I've really used from OMP's store!

May 02 05 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

I have a huge list of printers on my site. Because I rock that way. Go check my website here: Link to Compcard Printers

May 02 05 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Randles

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Don't waste your money !  Get some printed professionally the way you want them, without the OMP spam all over them.

May 02 05 09:29 pm Link

Photographer

ANON

I've actually seen the OMP comp cards and the quality of the printing is not that bad.  The issue is their stamping of their logo on there.  It would be one thing if it was a tiny tag on the edge of the card - most the commercial comp printers do that.  The OMP logo, however, was too large and looked like it was trying to be the traditional agency logo that generally goes onto a professional comp.  Not to mention the fact that many professionals look down on OMP, so it doesn't send a good message either.

May 02 05 09:33 pm Link

Model

Leila

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

I had a photographer give me a card she printed off her computer. Personally I don't care what kind of card someone has. If they are professional and good at what they do thats all that matters.

May 02 05 09:36 pm Link