This thread was locked on 2006-11-18 23:27:14
Forums > General Industry > Does this look like a phony??

Model

Chantelle Mathiasson

Carson City, Nevada, US

** ID Deleted by Mod, no public naming **

Just wondering because they asked me if I wanted to do an erotic shoot for a private client and of course, I am not going to do it. It seems like they just didn't bother to even look at my Page, just went straight to the images... just wondering if you think so or not, I had a photog tell me they thought it was a phony... just curious. No way in hell I am doing it though big_smile no wayyyyy

Nov 18 06 01:29 am Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

No, he's real, but I don't think MM allows soliciting for adult work.

Nov 18 06 01:32 am Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

No, he's not a phony artist, he's just that damn good.

Enjoy your plate of crow.

Nov 18 06 01:33 am Link

Photographer

Mr and Mrs Huber

Santa Rosalía, Baja California Sur, Mexico

whether it "looks" phony or not ....
The way you've approached this (posting to the public forums) is just plainly a poor choice.
Just a thought: before you come out and say - "This guy look's work looks phony to me - whaddya think?", you might first try asking the mods... or write some emails to the people he's worked with... eh?

Nov 18 06 01:37 am Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

He's a pretty good photographer for his genre, and he states that he's shot a model that I know. I'd be kinda surprised if he was a phony, and I could find out for sure if I needed to.

Whether you like the proposal or not is totally up to you of course.

(Ignoring your request not to have nude/erotic requests is something some photographers do because some models say they don't just to weed out those who aren't serious, and may say yes to the right people or the right offer.)

Nov 18 06 05:06 am Link

Model

None4Now

Los Angeles, California, US

If I am not mistaken, he is an actual artist.

Sorry his proposal caught you off guard. It's frusterating when photographers don't take the time to read a models profile before the whole "nude" topic comes up. But not everyone can take the time to read profiles...lol, I know I can't always do it.

Be a little more considerate when posting threads like this, ok sweety? It might come off as unprofessional to some.

Lacie Marie

p.s. Good girl for sticking to your morals smile

Nov 18 06 05:09 am Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

Marko Cecic-Karuzic wrote:
He's a pretty good photographer for his genre, and he states that he's shot a model that I know. I'd be kinda surprised if he was a phony, and I could find out for sure if I needed to.

Whether you like the proposal or not is totally up to you of course.

(Ignoring your request not to have nude/erotic requests is something some photographers do because some models say they don't just to weed out those who aren't serious, and may say yes to the right people or the right offer.)

And here I thought I was doing the right thing by not offering nude work to those who say they don't want it...

Nov 18 06 05:36 am Link

Model

None4Now

Los Angeles, California, US

Yikes.

Nov 18 06 05:40 am Link

Photographer

Gary Melton

Dallas, Texas, US

I personally know at least one model who does this.

Nov 18 06 05:54 am Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

Does this look like a pony??
https://www.anniescostumes.com/mus169.jpg

Nov 18 06 06:58 am Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Lacie Marie wrote:
If I am not mistaken, he is an actual artist.

But not everyone can take the time to read profiles...lol, I know I can't always do it.

This part of your response doesn't make much sense to me. If a person is interested in working with a model or photographer why wouldn't they take the five minutes it takes to read their profile? Am I missing something?

-P-

Nov 18 06 07:11 am Link

Photographer

stan wigmore photograph

Long Beach, California, US

My point is not to slam the op,I think posting this makes sense.  However,I have noticed several models use the forums to ask about photographers and list by names,ID# etc.Does this mean I can do the same about a model,such is she a flake,a problem to work with and so on?
   There have even been one or two models who have worked with a photog and then outed him as a problem as a warning to other models.Not a word of protest from anyone,yet if we photogs suggest outing models in anyway we get slammed for it.
   If there a double standard here?

Nov 18 06 02:35 pm Link

Photographer

Bob Bentley Photography

Westcliffe, Colorado, US

stan wigmore photograph wrote:
My point is not to slam the op,I think posting this makes sense.  However,I have noticed several models use the forums to ask about photographers and list by names,ID# etc.Does this mean I can do the same about a model,such is she a flake,a problem to work with and so on?
   There have even been one or two models who have worked with a photog and then outed him as a problem as a warning to other models.Not a word of protest from anyone,yet if we photogs suggest outing models in anyway we get slammed for it.
   If there a double standard here?

Yes, there is a double standard here.  And I also think Chantelle should take the job, make some great bucks, and then hire a fantastic photographer to update her port to show us why SHE is the one that got such a great offer. IMHO

Nov 18 06 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

Nevermind. Not my business.
Comment withdrawn

Nov 18 06 10:19 pm Link

Photographer

Adler Photographic

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Click Hamilton wrote:
Chantelle, it's not right to try to out someone and to try to slime them publically here in the forums for no reason. It looks like he's typical around here and It makes you look silly and immature. Lots of people here do erotic stuff all the time. If erotic was not part of the MM landscape, the population of MM would probably fall by more than half.

If you have no interest in responding to him, why are you bothering to make a stupid public issue out of it? He gave you an invitation for an erotic photo shoot. He didn't threaten you. Do you think you are going to change something about the nature of Internet modeling by blowing whistles? Do you want to get him kicked out? For what? He doesn't look phoney at all. He looks like most of the other people around here.

Furthermore, why should we waste time sifting through your intro to figure out what your nudity preferences are? Lots of people say "no nudes" just to get rid of some of the mountain of geeks & GWC's who are here to hump legs. Most people do nudes with someone at some point, whether they say they don't or not.

He might just be doing mass messaging to anyone who looks good to him, just to see who responds. That's the way some people find leads.

If you don't respond, it means you aren't interested. Easy.

Hey everyone. Can we lighten up a bit. the choice of words may not be correct but bashing her does no good as well. Why can't we as a group advise her and possibly offer a choice of different solutions than bash her.

Another way to handle the situation would have been to ask what people think of this photographers work and offer without putting a negative bias on it.

Nov 18 06 10:32 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

withdrawn.

Good luck to all

Nov 18 06 10:35 pm Link

Photographer

San Francisco, California, US

My advice, if this guy wants to shoot with you, offer lingerie, which you seem comfortable with, and if you two work together as well as the other models he has worked with then you would get some great new shots for your portfolio. From yours and his portfolios, it looks like there is some synergy there.

Although I doubt he'd work with you now... oh well.

Nov 18 06 11:14 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

**  No naming names in post, especially not in this manner **

Locking.

Nov 18 06 11:26 pm Link