Forums > General Industry > Non-members still posted?

Photographer

Tom Holoubek

Rockford, Illinois, US

...I just clicked on three different model portfolios, only to find they weren't current members. How hard would it be to rid the system of old , nonexsistant members?

Nov 17 06 02:28 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

well then if someone clicked on an old thread and all the old members posts had been removed, then the thread wouldn't make sense anymore now would it?

Nov 17 06 02:30 pm Link

Photographer

Tom Holoubek

Rockford, Illinois, US

...that makes things clearer. I was just wonder'n?

Nov 17 06 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

ShadowCrafter

Pike Road, Alabama, US

Nov 17 06 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

ShadowCrafter

Pike Road, Alabama, US

like it would be like what i said in the post up above....   but it got pulled so you couldnt see it anymore.  So  you might have trouble figuring out what I said.

Clearly now

Nov 17 06 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

Big Jim Slade

Arlington, Virginia, US

Tom Holoubek wrote:
...I just clicked on three different model portfolios, only to find they weren't current members. How hard would it be to rid the system of old , nonexsistant members?

Presumably you clicked on three different avatars and found they were not current members.  If you clicked on the portfolios I would assume they were in fact members as they have portfolios.

Most likely they had freckles.  All freckled portfolios are being eliminated.  Except the really cute ones.

Nov 17 06 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

Big Jim Slade wrote:

Presumably you clicked on three different avatars and found they were not current members.  If you clicked on the portfolios I would assume they were in fact members as they have portfolios.

Most likely they had freckles.  All freckled portfolios are being eliminated.  Except the really cute ones.

LMAO, that's funny.

Nov 17 06 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

It's ridiculously meticulous and time consuming actually deleting things from a massive database. Imagine going through every forum thread, every comment on every picture, every tag on every profile, every friend list on every profile, and repeating every single time a user gets deleted.

Now compare to just having a single attribute on a user and toggling it to removed. So much faster and simpler.

Nov 17 06 03:24 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I recently had the opportunity to heavily customize some phpBB code.  I really liked how they dealt with deleted members.

The posts [mySQL] table has an often-unused column named poster_name or some such.

When an account is deleted, it runs through the posts table, removes any reference to the member ID # and puts the name at time of deletion in that poster_name slot instead.  Works really well.

In action: http://www.wickedtalent.com/forum

Nov 17 06 05:25 pm Link