Forums > General Industry > Photo release times.

Model

Veriky

Littleton, Colorado, US

Would somebody like to help me with a problem I have. I did a shoot about a month and a half ago and have still not seen a single photo or even gotten any of them back. Was wondering b/c I am not too experienced of a model yet, but I don't feel that it should take this long.

Nov 17 06 01:06 am Link

Model

Sarah Ellis

Portland, Oregon, US

Veriky wrote:
Would somebody like to help me with a problem I have. I did a shoot about a month and a half ago and have still not seen a single photo or even gotten any of them back. Was wondering b/c I am not too experienced of a model yet, but I don't feel that it should take this long.

Have you contacted the photographer?  There's nothing wrong with checking in.

Nov 17 06 01:09 am Link

Model

Veriky

Littleton, Colorado, US

yes i have quite a few time at that

Nov 17 06 01:44 am Link

Photographer

duds here

Chicago, Illinois, US

How busy is the photographer, I just shot my fifth sessions and hardly have time to edit and get pixs to the modeling agencies who are waiting for the prints!

Now I have a couple of days open so I can edit and print hopefully get everything done, the agency sent me another model she said, so if she calls, I'll be shooting again.  So more back up time :-(

Anyone in the midwest needs up dates to their comp or port, I work with a very talanted make up artist, she made the model today look so beautiful, wow, what eyes she did on her.

I just shot it so they won't be on my site for another couple of days, or tomorrow which ever comes first.  hhahh.

Nov 17 06 02:45 am Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Pattaya, Central, Thailand

It could be anything. But one thing to remember -- most of us photographers are the sole proprietors of our business. And business comes in waves -- sometimes we have two weeks in a row with almost nothing to do, the next week we we're working from five in the morning until one a.m. It can be unpredictable.

And sometimes personal issues cause problems -- my father died last summer right after I did a few TFP shoots, and it hit me pretty hard -- it took me a couple of months to get some of the CDs out.

So sometimes there are good reasons, and sometimes the photographer is just lazy and irresponsible.

I've found that the models who stay in touch with the photographer on a regular basis and communicate well in a friendly way do best at getting their pictures on a consistent basis. Make it clear you're eager to see the pictures, but also be understanding. This combination is the best suggestion I can offer.

Finally, remember that you are now in a business. Much as we want our business to run 100% smoothly, every business learns that sometimes there are losses. Bad as it would be if you do all that work and not get the pictures, maybe you just need to move on and shoot with another photographer. Before you shoot, talk with other models who have worked with him and make sure he has a good reputation for prompt delivery. . .

Paul

Veriky wrote:

Nov 17 06 09:56 am Link

Photographer

Frank McAdam

New York, New York, US

Veriky wrote:

A photographer is supposed to be a professional who conducts himself in a business-like manner.  If the photographer is trying to blow you off, you have the same recourse as anyone else who's ripped off by a business.  File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  If you know any attorneys, have one write him a letter on your behalf.

Nov 17 06 10:10 am Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

What did you agree on at the time of the shoot?

Nov 17 06 10:17 am Link