Forums > General Industry > Is anyone familiar with a Byron agency?

Model

_Alexandra

Alexandria, Virginia, US

I was contacted by someone who said they were from the Byron Agency (I don't know the full details, they called my Dad whom I don't live with, but that's what he said they were called) and that they are located in New York, but would be in my area.  Has anyone ever heard of them?  I did a search on the forums and came up with someone in Texas, so I don't think that's correct.  Anyway, I was just curious as to whether anyone has heard of them or not.

EDIT:  I did a reverse phone number check with whitepages and it said that it's a land line in New York (so the state is right) and that it's provided by Time Warner.  Hopefully I can find more information.

Nov 16 06 11:50 am Link

Model

_Alexandra

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Any takers? -- They said they wanted to do a test shoot this weekend, from what I understood.

Nov 16 06 01:56 pm Link

Model

_Alexandra

Alexandria, Virginia, US

I'm just bumping this, because it got so far behind.

Nov 16 06 07:15 pm Link

Photographer

picturephoto

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Have a read:  http://www.modelingscams.org/

When you find out more, decide for yourself if this agency sounds legit.  I've never heard of them myself.

Usually these sort of questions get better feedback in the Model Matters forum.

Nov 16 06 09:26 pm Link

Model

_Alexandra

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Richard Dubois wrote:
Have a read:  http://www.modelingscams.org/

When you find out more, decide for yourself if this agency sounds legit.  I've never heard of them myself.

Usually these sort of questions get better feedback in the Model Matters forum.

Thanks for the link.  I am familiar with what to avoid and what isn't legitimate.  They called me and told me that they were having some test shoots this weekend.  After I called them back they asked me to submit a headshot with my phone numbers so that they could set up a time slot to shoot.  I really don't know what they want or much about them, so I sent them an email asking them to send me more information.  I included a couple photos, too.  If they're real, that's cool, if they want money -- I'm out.  If they want to meet with me this weekend, I'll probably bring some photos and a resume and see where we go from there.

Nov 17 06 01:17 pm Link