Forums > General Industry > Work in the right place, left at the WRONG time!

Model

Lelah G

Inglewood, California, US

Now ain't THIS poor timing . . . ?????

Well laides & gents, I now work in the Hollywood & Highland complex (to find out which store, just mosey on over to Hollywood's hotspot and look for the tall black girl, lol).  Lights, cameras, people, ACTION!  What more could a model chick like me want???

Well, I can tell ya what I DIDN'T WANT!!  I didn't want to miss the Victoria's Secret models!  They're here today for a press conference, before tomorrow's fashion show at the Kodak Theater (still wondering where I work?  Well, think of what's right next door to the theater, to the left, to the left or the right, depending on which way you're facing) and they had their press conference inside the Victoria's Secret in the H&H complex.  Now, there are two cons to this pro:

1)  I used to work at Victoria's Secret, and the one time I decide NOT to go back, the models themselves make an appearance at the store I would have worked at.  Reminds me of when I worked for VS in Marina del Rey, and I missed Tyra Banks at the Beverly Center, clear across town.

2)  I just so happened to be on lunch break at McDonalds (don't fret, I just got a salad and small fries) when the VS models emerged from their 10-SUV entourage and walked up to the VS store.  Everyone saw them BUT ME!!!!  Yes, I missed Adrianna Lima, Heidi Klum, Giselle, and the rest of them.

Have I been kickin myself in the booty, you ask?  Certainly!  Just about the whole time after they left.  POOOOOR timing . . . working in the right place, left for lunch at the WRONG time!

Nov 15 06 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

They did it on purpose... you would have upstaged them!

Nov 15 06 06:20 pm Link

Photographer

Ron Casas Photography

Chapin, South Carolina, US

Does Janice still have her agency there? If so you should pay her a visit as well....

Nov 15 06 06:23 pm Link

Model

AuLa

West Hollywood, California, US

HA! I totally mosied on right past you one day and thought you looked familar at that mall!

Nov 15 06 06:24 pm Link

Model

Lelah G

Carlos Arturo Velarde wrote:
They did it on purpose... you would have upstaged them!

Awww, you're too sweet.  But I know THEY would have blown me out of the water.  Not that I'm star-struck or anything like that (most definitely I'm not), but man, when you think of modeling, the profession that I'm AIMING to be successful in, it'd be great once in a while to see a little inspiration.  They VS fashion show only happens in November.

Nov 15 06 06:26 pm Link

Model

Lelah G

Ron Casas wrote:
Does Janice still have her agency there? If so you should pay her a visit as well....

Yeah her agency is still there.  I thought about it, but then, eh, I get the same feeling every time people tell me to try out for both American Idol (yes, ya girl's been singing naturally, no lessons, since around 8 yrs old), and ANTM.  I just don't feel it in mah booones!!  LOL.

But then, ya never know, I may have a change of heart.

Nov 15 06 06:30 pm Link

Model

Lelah G

Aussie Guevara wrote:
HA! I totally mosied on right past you one day and thought you looked familar at that mall!

So now, come back through, and let's go to lunch!!  smile

Nov 15 06 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Not when you consider the level of photographers, equipment used on a shoot, and the photoshopping that goes into their pictures. You compare favorably to them with your current images so if you had a shoot at their level you would be way sexier and more amazing than all of them together.

Lelah G wrote:

Awww, you're too sweet.  But I know THEY would have blown me out of the water.  Not that I'm star-struck or anything like that (most definitely I'm not), but man, when you think of modeling, the profession that I'm AIMING to be successful in, it'd be great once in a while to see a little inspiration.  They VS fashion show only happens in November.

Nov 15 06 06:42 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

At least you were close!!  Where have I been all day?  Being lazy in my house........on the other side of town practically from Hollywood.  But I was crawling all over that place last week.  In fact, at precisely this time last Wed. I was at H&H.  Grrrrr!!!  I'm staking it out tomorrow.  I wanna see Heidi.

Nov 15 06 09:39 pm Link

Photographer

megafunk

Los Angeles, California, US

Lelah, they'll all be here November 32nd. The time's not confirmed, yet.

Nov 15 06 11:12 pm Link

Model

Lelah G

megafunk wrote:
Lelah, they'll all be here November 32nd. The time's not confirmed, yet.

32nd?

Nov 16 06 12:46 am Link