Forums > General Industry > Q models.. question

Model

Antoinette_

New York, New York, US

Yesterday i emailed some pictures to Q Model Management L.A. and today i had a reply message asking me to call and set up a meeting with them next time im in L.A. my question is do they do this with all models that submit pictures to them or is there a chance that they really may be interested in having me as part of their agency?

Nov 15 06 03:53 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

It is a generic reply.
But, a positive one. It's letting you know there is potential interest. In the sense that they leave the door open to you to pursue them once you're in town.

Basically they didn't say "No".

They may actually like your look and want to see you. So, when you get to LA, hit them up. Good luck!

- CEA

Nov 15 06 03:59 pm Link

Model

Antoinette_

New York, New York, US

Okay thanks:)

Nov 15 06 04:00 pm Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

Antoinette_ wrote:
does [Q Model Mgt] do this with all models that submit pictures to them or is there a chance that they really may be interested in having me as part of their agency?

You can use the search feature to explore all the threads about agencies in CA ...

(you do mean L.A., right? not LA?)

... but sure, it sounds positive. Are you though, moving to L.A.? Your profile says you just arrived to Detroit; not sure how you'd manage the travel to/from eventual go-sees they might send you on if you were signed & didn't reside in the L.A. area.

G'luck!

FML

Nov 15 06 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Any agency which says yes to everyone who wants to come in is a scam.  Q is not a scam.  Do the math.

You asked them a question.  They gave you the answer you wanted.  Isn't that enough?

Nov 15 06 05:50 pm Link

Model

Antoinette_

New York, New York, US

TXPhotog wrote:
Any agency which says yes to everyone who wants to come in is a scam.  Q is not a scam.  Do the math.

You asked them a question.  They gave you the answer you wanted.  Isn't that enough?

SOMEONES GRUMPY... But i appreciate all kind feedback smile

Nov 15 06 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

NewBoldPhoto

PORT MURRAY, New Jersey, US

Antoinette_ wrote:

SOMEONES GRUMPY... But i appreciate all kind feedback smile

That is just the way TX is. After a while you come to expect it and even enjoy reading what he has to say.

Nov 15 06 07:08 pm Link

Model

Antoinette_

New York, New York, US

ha, okay.

Nov 15 06 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

The German Woman

Berlin, Georgia, US

NewBoldPhoto wrote:
After a while you come to expect it and even enjoy reading what he has to say.

not me

Nov 16 06 11:31 pm Link