Forums > General Industry > Frustration...

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

Ok...let me first say this is not a forum to bitch or anything..well maybe a lil. I'm just curious am I the only model that gets frustrated when someone reads the mail you send them and yet never replies?? I always try to get back on my emails as soon as possible. I think its atleast kind to send an email back saying yes I'm interested in working with you, or no thanks your not what I'm looking for. I think its becomming a bit of a problem of people not responding to there emails!! Sometimes I have to send two emails just to get a sticking reply!! Its FRUSTRATING!!!! I mean is it to much to ask for a reply from a photographer or model???

Nov 13 06 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

Kas_

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

Agreed it's not hard to type:

"Sorry not interested" or
"Sorry too busy" or
"Sorry I promised my mother I'd never do that"

While I havent had the problem with email I hate when people say theyre going to call back and dont

Nov 13 06 10:16 pm Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

Kasmia wrote:

"Sorry too busy" or

While I havent had the problem with email I hate when people say theyre going to call back and dont

You know its even worse when your setting up a shoto with someone, and its like pulling teeth to get them to give a time, and place.

Nov 13 06 10:18 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Kasmia wrote:

"Sorry too busy" or

Well, there's something you should know about Stephie... She scribbles her e-mails and sometimes it's tough to make out what she's trying to say. And if that's not enough, there's often pizza sauce splattered over the important words.

Nov 13 06 10:20 pm Link

Photographer

Kas_

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

Darkdesire wrote:

You know its even worse when your setting up a shoto with someone, and its like pulling teeth to get them to give a time, and place.

I've been in talks with a developer for 3 months, the model and I have been waiting that long for her to send a contract so I have something in writing to go on yikes

Drives me insane!

Nov 13 06 10:20 pm Link

Photographer

TucsonTied

Tucson, Arizona, US

Well...good to see I'm not the only one who believes in ettiquette.  Sheesh, people...how were ya raised?  If somebody e-mails, then ANSWER!!!  Not hard, really...just go to the "reply" box and say something...lol.  In all seriousness, tho...some may say they don't want to bring bad news to somebody interested....well, bad news is much better than silence, let me tell you.  Just reply...it's better for everyone.

Nov 13 06 10:21 pm Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

John Jebbia wrote:

Well, there's something you should know about Stephie... She scribbles her e-mails and sometimes it's tough to make out what she's trying to say. And if that's not enough, there's often pizza sauce splattered over the important words.

hahaha...stop talking about yourself john! smile

Nov 13 06 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

TucsonTied

Tucson, Arizona, US

Darkdesire wrote:

Oh, Gawd....much as I love working with one of my models (not naming names...that's bad form), I never know until the DAY OF THE SHOOT what time she's gonna show.  Frustrating as all get out!

Nov 13 06 10:23 pm Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

TucsonTied wrote:
Well...good to see I'm not the only one who believes in ettiquette.  Sheesh, people...how were ya raised?  If somebody e-mails, then ANSWER!!!  Not hard, really...just go to the "reply" box and say something...lol.  In all seriousness, tho...some may say they don't want to bring bad news to somebody interested....well, bad news is much better than silence, let me tell you.  Just reply...it's better for everyone.

You know what tony...I have had photographers tell me in the past about how some models can't take the answer no! Maybe am I lil different in fact I like being told what can help my photos, and if someone is not interested fine, but I don't want to waste my time on emailing them again if they have no desire to work with me. There are lots of photographers out there. One or two photographers saying I'm not what they want its there choice!! I'm not gonna get pissed just cause they have a certain look they are looking for. All I want is a simple yes or no.

Nov 13 06 10:24 pm Link

Photographer

TucsonTied

Tucson, Arizona, US

John Jebbia wrote:

Geez...I thought she only did that to me...lol.

Nov 13 06 10:35 pm Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

TucsonTied wrote:
Geez...I thought she only did that to me...lol.

you know Tony I'm so fed up with modeling, and this whole industry on unreliable photographers, and mdoels, that when I get a regular job instead of this I'll just fucking Quit! I'm tired of the flakes, and photographers not responding when I'm a reliable model, and they can't see it!! I've worked with some wonderful people, but this is beginning to be bullshit!!

Nov 13 06 10:41 pm Link

Photographer

TucsonTied

Tucson, Arizona, US

Darkdesire wrote:

you know Tony I'm so fed up with modeling, and this whole industry on unreliable photographers, and mdoels, that when I get a regular job instead of this I'll just fucking Quit! I'm tired of the flakes, and photographers not responding when I'm a reliable model, and they can't see it!! I've worked with some wonderful people, but this is beginning to be bullshit!!

It really is frustrating....especially when the good guys in the industry (I count myself in that category....) read about the frustrations models and other photogs have with the bad ones.  Why can't people just hit the "reply" space?

Nov 13 06 10:47 pm Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

TucsonTied wrote:

It really is frustrating....especially when the good guys in the industry (I count myself in that category....) read about the frustrations models and other photogs have with the bad ones.  Why can't people just hit the "reply" space?

Evidently they are too lazyyyy!!!

Nov 13 06 10:51 pm Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

la la la la...

Nov 14 06 12:24 am Link