This thread was locked on 2006-11-13 21:50:01
Forums > General Industry > Pay it forward............ Lets start here :D

Model

Babylinda

Guttenberg, Iowa, US

Why is it when a model, photographer or mua asks any questions at all in these forums a huge % of the people on here have to be so vicious, mean and cold hearted. This is not personally on me but it really bothers me .I have always been taught do on to others as you want done to yourself. Why is it necessary to flame people on here if you  cannot help them why make them feel worse than they are already are and kick them further to the ground. I really do appreciate and admire those who help each other out on here  and network that is what forums should be about educating and helping one another to grow and suceed in this industry not mock them and push them further  down.

If you see someone has a flaw do not make fun of them or mock them about it , teach them how they can imporve themself. Especially for the newbies on this site and in modeling in general. Has anyone heard of paying it forward? If people started adhering to that the World would be in such a better place it is really sad. I understand that alot of people only thinking about themselves and how to better their own career.

What if that same person you put down , mocked or hurt in the past winds up to be a  Super Model or Famous Photographer. We really have to learn to help one another more and stop being so cold hearted and mean to people not in just this interenet modeling world, but in the real world in general. The networking shoots that I would offer helped everyone involved mua's photographers and models new and old all got to network shoot and socialize for free. It really has worked out beautifully many are now working with one another , getting paid work and there name is more out there and their ports are 80% better than they were.

See what happens when you work together and help eachother out? If everyone did something nice to someone on here and helped and gave solid advice, whether critique, help in modeling , lighting and photography or what not this would benefit us all. So lets start A lil pay it forward action smile

Nov 13 06 09:37 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Is this post so important that you had to make it twice, on two different forums?

How is that courteous?

Nov 13 06 09:48 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Use the other thread for this, because it's longer.

Nov 13 06 09:49 pm Link