Forums > General Industry > [_))How many agencies have you worked for?((_]

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

How many agencies have you worked for? With websites like Model Mayhem is there a need for you to have a agency? I never had an agency before any advice for me and others????

Nov 13 06 05:52 pm Link

Model

Charleston, South Carolina, US

Just to be technical, a model doesn't work for an agency. The agency works for the model. smile

To answer your question, it all depends on what you want to do. If you want to actually make a living or any substantial income at modeling, then yes, you need an agency. If you just want to have fun and shoot TFP and get network with photographers to try to get some ocassional tears and paid gigs, then no, you do not.

I have worked with three major agencies in the past (Elite, NeXt, and Click) and one regional agency (Directions USA). Now I am a full time student and just doing the freelance/part time thing. Hence, the reason I have my profile on Model Mayhem.

If you are interested in agency representation, have a friend take some poloroids of you and send them to the top ten agencies in whatever market you are interested in working in. They will contact you if they are interested.

Does that answer your question?

Nov 13 06 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Val K wrote:
Just to be technical, a model doesn't work for an agency. The agency works for the model. smile

Absolutely right.  However, I have worked for more than one agency.

With a couple of modifiers, Val is correct also in her assessments.  The modifiers relate to the fact that agencies only deal with "mainstream" modeling.  Art, hobby, most glamour and other Internet modeling are not mediated by agencies.

Nov 13 06 07:09 pm Link

Model

Charleston, South Carolina, US

TXPhotog wrote:
Absolutely right.  However, I have worked for more than one agency.

With a couple of modifiers, Val is correct also in her assessments.  The modifiers relate to the fact that agencies only deal with "mainstream" modeling.  Art, hobby, most glamour and other Internet modeling are not mediated by agencies.

Absolutely. Thanks for making that clear, since I forgot to. smile

Nov 13 06 07:11 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Coolness... big_smile

Nov 14 06 08:05 pm Link