Forums > General Industry > Your Opinion Counts

Model

Soni

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Hi guys,
I am an indian model in atlanta. I have joined this site not long ago and really like the energy here. I wanted to ask your opinion on 2 things.

First what else do i need to add in my portfolio, that is  lacking. www.qinza.com

Also, i need to make new comp cards, what four looks can i put on my comp cards. I dont know which 4 looks to pick out of all my pics www.qinza.com. I do know it should be a head shot a full length and differnt looks from one another.

Thankyou in advance for your help.
Soni

ps: any one who lives in atlanta, can you recommand a resonable place for buisness and comp cards.

May 01 05 06:43 pm Link

Photographer

ANON

San Diego, California, US

Without knowing your local market, it would be best to ask your agent or someone familiar with the local ad agencies in your area as to what looks would best fit your comp for that market.  Alternatively, visit the sites for some local agencies and get a feel for the way they are marketing their talent, then emulate as best as possible.

May 01 05 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

CreativeSandBoxStudio

London, England, United Kingdom

Posted by Soni: 
Hi guys,
I am an indian model in atlanta. I have joined this site not long ago and really like the energy here. I wanted to ask your opinion on 2 things.

First what else do i need to add in my portfolio, that is  lacking. www.qinza.com

Also, i need to make new comp cards, what four looks can i put on my comp cards. I dont know which 4 looks to pick out of all my pics www.qinza.com. I do know it should be a head shot a full length and differnt looks from one another.

Thankyou in advance for your help.
Soni

ps: any one who lives in atlanta, can you recommand a resonable place for buisness and comp cards.

Soni

I think you have a wonderful look, so from my own view only thing I see that you need is more lifestyle imahes where you are with someone. Either outside in a park or doing something. It's nice to have all these solo shots, but  what art directors  will be looking for is your interaction with other people. As for the printing check even with Kinko's, but talk with designers in your area or photographers that do comp cards. I wish you the very best in reaching your goals.

Alex

May 01 05 10:32 pm Link

Model

Soni

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Thank you for your reply.

Austin Model: I live in the South (Atlanta). I am with couple of agencies and the person asked me to get the comp card made, but did not tell me exactly which pics to use. I like your idea of visiting their sites and getting an idea.

Alex: First of all thank you for you compliments. I appreciate it. I am trying to put my foot in the door in the American market. Being from an eastern back ground i have done most of my work around that and now am exploring a different market. I need all the luck, since its a very competative market here.

Soni

May 01 05 11:50 pm Link

Photographer

ANON

San Diego, California, US

Posted by Soni: 
Thank you for your reply.

Austin Model: I live in the South (Atlanta). I am with couple of agencies and the person asked me to get the comp card made, but did not tell me exactly which pics to use. I like your idea of visiting their sites and getting an idea.

I really like your look, by the way. 
You might want to contact the agency(agencies?) you are signed with and see if you can sit down with them and your book and select some images for the comp.  Thank goodness for the digital age, we encourage our talent to do this through email to save time... but most our talent have books and comp's we have arranged the shooting of (at no cost to them).  Sometimes the agent is refreshingly pleased when a model/talent wants their advice, so it might also score you a few points to ask their assistance in selecting - and it never hurts to keep your face and name fresh in their mind either that way!  :-)

May 02 05 11:02 am Link

Model

Soni

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Austin Model and Talent,
Good advice,  Thank you for your compliment. I guess i need to find a known agency in atlanta and work with them like you said in making the decision.

May 02 05 12:58 pm Link