Forums > General Industry > how many magazines are there-

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

Never mind. A lot of photograohers doing magazine submissions only mention Maxim or whatever. Here's the question I meant: What other publications is everybody involved in? (as in, what's out there?)

Nov 09 06 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

RBDesign

North East, Maryland, US

What the hell are you talking about, there are about 8mm magazines from soup to nuts.

Ohhhh I get it this is a controversy thread. Ok your right down with all of the images and magazines you don't like. I am all for starting a low contrast dark model behind cyclone fence mag, let's do it.

RB

Nov 09 06 03:32 pm Link

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

?

Nov 09 06 10:08 pm Link

Model

RDawkins

Breckenridge, Colorado, US

RBDesign wrote:
What the hell are you talking about, there are about 8mm magazines from soup to nuts.

Ohhhh I get it this is a controversy thread. Ok your right down with all of the images and magazines you don't like. I am all for starting a low contrast dark model behind cyclone fence mag, let's do it.

RB

LMAO. I'll do copy editing.

Nov 09 06 11:36 pm Link

Model

Tachibana

Los Angeles, California, US

LOL.

I get the point though... your subject kind of throws ppl off, but you are merely asking what other publications some photographers are working with, no?

That is cool,  but I'm sure there are photographers here who are involved with all kinds of magazines, but the ones who are always like "I'm a MAXIM photographer" "I'm a playboy/girl photographer"; "and I want to shoot you for the magazine," get a little bit obnoxious.

Bleh.

I'm tired of photographers trying to get models to take their clothes off for nothing.

Damn.

Nov 09 06 11:40 pm Link

Photographer

RBDesign

North East, Maryland, US

K. Holden wrote:

LMAO. I'll do copy editing.

Looks like she changed her avi. so i guess it is now a bunch of gels and silhouette mag. I would have hired you but you only have exp in fencing. Maybe you should work on your gels.

Nov 09 06 11:41 pm Link

Photographer

Bay Photo

Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur, France

Nov 09 06 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

Elana Rachel

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I work for Open Your Eyes- not as a photog until the most recent issue.

It is a MAXIM stlye mag- ie glamour, cars, gadgets, humor, and some more serious material thrown in the mix.

Our goal isn't to get girls to take their clothes off for nothing. What they get is a LOT of exposure for their projects and for themselves, a bigger fan base, and new shots for their ports by some of the best glamour shooters in the industry (sometimes they even get the outfits they wear). I understand there are a lot of gwcs out there telling girls to just take off their clothes because they promise the photos will get them into a mag- but the legitimate magazines are actually pretty clean cut and have more models that want to be featured than could ever fit...

Nov 09 06 11:47 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Couldn't a website be considered a "publication" since you would be publishing something ... online? Therefore ModelMayhem is sort of a magazine?  Playboy and Maxim have websites!

Nov 09 06 11:47 pm Link

Photographer

RBDesign

North East, Maryland, US

Kli Micheaux wrote:
LOL.

I get the point though... your subject kind of throws ppl off, but you are merely asking what other publications some photographers are working with, no?

That is cool,  but I'm sure there are photographers here who are involved with all kinds of magazines, but the ones who are always like "I'm a MAXIM photographer" "I'm a playboy/girl photographer"; "and I want to shoot you for the magazine," get a little bit obnoxious.

Bleh.

I'm tired of photographers trying to get models to take their clothes off for nothing.

Damn.

You sound so much like a pick up line it is not funny, in fact you are very very scarry.

RB

Nov 09 06 11:51 pm Link

Photographer

RBDesign

North East, Maryland, US

ERM Photography wrote:
I work for Open Your Eyes- not as a photog until the most recent issue.

It is a MAXIM stlye mag- ie glamour, cars, gadgets, humor, and some more serious material thrown in the mix.

Our goal isn't to get girls to take their clothes off for nothing. What they get is a LOT of exposure for their projects and for themselves, a bigger fan base, and new shots for their ports by some of the best glamour shooters in the industry (sometimes they even get the outfits they wear). I understand there are a lot of gwcs out there telling girls to just take off their clothes because they promise the photos will get them into a mag- but the legitimate magazines are actually pretty clean cut and have more models that want to be featured than could ever fit...

You are not so scarey, you are a user.

RB

Nov 09 06 11:53 pm Link

Photographer

Elana Rachel

a user? do explain...

EDIT: just looked at your portfolio- further don't understand the user comment

Nov 09 06 11:54 pm Link

Photographer

RBDesign

North East, Maryland, US

ERM Photography wrote:
a user? do explain...

EDIT: just looked at your portfolio- further don't understand the user comment

I believe that you are full of crap, you sound like you are full of crap. I doubt you are even of the gender that is on your profile.

RB

Nov 09 06 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

Elana Rachel

Wow, completely uncalled for. I am a woman- I really don't know why my gender would remotely pertain to my photographic portfolio... but you seemed determined to begin a fight and I will take this opportunity to bow out. Good evening and good luck with your life- I'm sure you will go far.

Nov 10 06 12:03 am Link