Forums > General Industry > The days of BIG BOOTY modeling are numbered!

Model

SWEETFACELA

Los Angeles, California, US

Fotticelli wrote:

I just posted first one on my port (meaning I took it, the booty belongs to someone else).

Warning to models: looking at the picture may cause lowering of self-esteem and extreme feelings of envy. ;-)

lol!! I have more on my arms!

Nov 09 06 12:57 pm Link

Photographer

Marshall Arts

Fotticelli wrote:

I just posted first one on my port (meaning I took it, the booty belongs to someone else).

Warning to models: looking at the picture may cause lowering of self-esteem and extreme feelings of envy. ;-)

Shameless plug.

Nov 09 06 01:02 pm Link

Model

Crazy Cel

Miami, Florida, US

Marshall Arts wrote:

Only time will tell if I was prophetic or just "hating" because I don't have those things in my portfolio.  ;-)  I'm sure it will be the former.

LMAO @ Hating... Don't cha just LOVE that word? hahahahahaha Not even able to have opinions anymore, we're automatically hating.

Nov 09 06 01:07 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

butt

.......*clenching*.........

Nov 09 06 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

Fotticelli

Rockville, Maryland, US

Marshall Arts wrote:

Shameless plug.

I don't know what you're talking about ;-)

Nov 09 06 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

Royal Photography

Birmingham, Alabama, US

uh...excuse me....
Big Booty = fat ass
not attractive
not professional

Nov 09 06 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Allen Coefield wrote:
uh...excuse me....
Big Booty = fat ass
not attractive
not professional

The size of your ass is correlated to your professional demeanor?

Interesting...

Nov 09 06 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

Royal Photography

Birmingham, Alabama, US

lol....shows how little you know.....
try again please....

Nov 09 06 01:50 pm Link

Model

KatieK

Lawrence, Kansas, US

Allen Coefield wrote:
uh...excuse me....
Big Booty = fat ass
not attractive
not professional

I disagree.  The term 'big booty' can refer to a nice, round butt.  It doesn't always mean 'fat'.  'HUGE ASS' is far more likely to mean fat nowadays than is 'big booty'.  I know a lot of girls who have been told they have a big booty who are in fantastic shape and just have nice, perky, round butts.

Nov 09 06 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

Marshall Arts

Ransom J wrote:

The size of your ass is correlated to your professional demeanor?

Interesting...

Very interesting indeed!

Nov 09 06 01:57 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Allen Coefield wrote:
lol....shows how little you know.....
try again please....

Try what again?  That's what you said.  If you meant something different then it shows how badly you illustrate a point.  But  that IS what you said.

Nov 09 06 01:59 pm Link

Photographer

Marshall Arts

B Ellis Photography wrote:
The two images that you have in your portfolio that are emphasizing the booty seem to have the most comments, so the trend may NOT be over as quickly as you think!  Personally, I don't really like to tell a model to turn around so I can shoot her butt, but if it floats your boat have at it.  I would say to a model not to have a portfolio full of booty shots.  Doesn't shoot much versatility.  That is one dimensional.  Well, if you have a big booty, that is 3D!  Ha

Those images have the most views and comments because the model is hot, the shots are hot and they're the closest thing to a naked model in my port.  The MM community responds to that type of thing a lot more.  Look at KatieK's latest upload in her port to see my point.  The rest of her port is great but THAT SHOT is blowin' up!  It'll cross 1000 views in no time.  Personally, I like shots that leave more to the imagination.  I put the first three shots (which I shot for Playboy submissions by the way) in my port up for two reasons: 1) to showcase another "style" of mine and 2) to test a theory that I already knew the answer to.  And that is...skin is in, no matter if it's the ass, the breasts, the thighs, the midriff, etc. showing.  That's something that will NEVER go away.

Nov 09 06 02:05 pm Link

Model

KatieK

Lawrence, Kansas, US

Marshall Arts wrote:

Those images have the most views and comments because the model is hot, the shots are hot and they're the closest thing to a naked model in my port.  The MM community responds to that type of thing a lot more.  Look at KatieK's latest upload in her port to see my point.  The rest of her port is great but THAT SHOT is blowin' up!  It'll cross 1000 views in no time.  Personally, I like shots that leave more to the imagination.  I put the first three shots (which I shot for Playboy submissions by the way) in my port up for two reasons: 1) to showcase another "style" of mine and 2) to test a theory that I already knew the answer to.  And that is...skin is in, no matter if it's the ass, the breasts, the thighs, the midriff, etc. showing.  That's something that will NEVER go away.

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to look at my port, and thank you for the compliment.  I will agree that that particular shot is blowin' up.  Maybe because my bewbs are showing, but also because it is a truely great shot by an amazing photographer.  I don't think that a crappy boobie shot would get tons of comments while an outstanding clothed shot went unnoticed.  Perhaps I think differently than a lot of people, but a great shot is a great shot.  T&A or not.  Now back to your regularly scheduled booty talk.......

Nov 09 06 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

KatieK wrote:
I don't think that a crappy boobie shot would get tons of comments while an outstanding clothed shot went unnoticed.  Perhaps I think differently than a lot of people, but a great shot is a great shot.  T&A or not.

Bout the most sense stated in the thread in my opinion.

Nov 09 06 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

Blackmirror Photogenics

New York, New York, US

Big Booties are in style but you don't have to look! Bodacious, rubenesque and callipygian since the creation of art.

Nov 09 06 02:18 pm Link

Model

Crazy Cel

Miami, Florida, US

Now having a big butt means you are unprofessional and fat??? What kind of **** is that?

Wow, talk about small minded.

At 5'4 and 117 pounds and being a 38 in the hips, just goes to show that some of us were blessed with curves.

Women with big butts can be just as professional as a super skinny fashion model.  I happen to like my "fat ass" and I know I'm more professional than a lot of people I know.  Having curves is beautiful... I'm glad someone started to embrace that.  This constant image of having to be stick thin with no body has turned so many people into idiots. 

Women with asses, stand up! wink

Nov 09 06 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

Marshall Arts

KatieK wrote:
I appreciate the fact that you took the time to look at my port, and thank you for the compliment.  I will agree that that particular shot is blowin' up.  Maybe because my bewbs are showing, but also because it is a truely great shot by an amazing photographer.  I don't think that a crappy boobie shot would get tons of comments while an outstanding clothed shot went unnoticed.  Perhaps I think differently than a lot of people, but a great shot is a great shot.  T&A or not.  Now back to your regularly scheduled booty talk.......

Look around.  There are plenty of shots that get lots of views and comments because they're nude or partially nude, regardless of the quality or lack thereof.  That shot of you is good, I agree, but I've seen better shots where there's no nudity and the hit and comment count is drastically less.  For instance, here

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=1133722

we have not one hot chick but TWO and a retro motorcycle AND a skyline in the backdrop AND it's technically sound and in color (which I prefer over black and white, sepia, etc.) that was posted in August.  But there are no "boobies" exposed in it.  So, look at the hit count and the comment count compared to your shot in question.  See what I mean?  This is just one example of many.  Now, if both of those chicks were topless...SCHWING!!

Nov 09 06 02:50 pm Link

Model

Azaylia Sen

Dallas, Texas, US

I love my BOOTY picture smile

Nov 09 06 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Marshall Arts

Azaylia wrote:
I love my BOOTY picture smile

Another shameless plug.

Nov 09 06 02:59 pm Link

Photographer

Marshall Arts

More proof that T&A is more important than photo quality here on MM and that skin will always be in. 

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=371867

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=490274

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=357309

Look at the view counts and you'll see what I mean.  You'll also see better quality photos in the some of the same ports that didn't get hit as much because they don't have as much T&A.  But I digress...

Nov 09 06 03:18 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Marshall Arts wrote:
More proof that T&A is more important than photo quality here on MM and that skin will always be in.

Second time you've said that.  You DO know that directly contradicts your thread title right?

Nov 09 06 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

Marshall Arts

Ransom J wrote:

Second time you've said that.  You DO know that directly contradicts your thread title right?

No, it doesn't.  My original post focused on OVERSIZED (and often unattractive)asses being stuck in front of a camera and referred to as "glamour modeling" and is a fad that I think will not last wheres what I just typed (in response to what KatieK replied) reinforces that T&A is more important than quality photography to the general consenus on this website.  How do they contradict?

Nov 09 06 03:39 pm Link

Model

Envy Kitten

Fresno, California, US

Crazy Cel wrote:
Now having a big butt means you are unprofessional and fat??? What kind of **** is that?

At 5'4 and 117 pounds and being a 38 in the hips, just goes to show that some of us were blessed with curves.

Women with big butts can be just as professional as a super skinny fashion model.  I happen to like my "fat ass" and I know I'm more professional than a lot of people I know.  Having curves is beautiful... I'm glad someone started to embrace that.  This constant image of having to be stick thin with no body has turned so many people into idiots. 

me!!!
i even wish i had a bit more curve!

Nov 09 06 03:43 pm Link

Model

Envy Kitten

Fresno, California, US

Crazy Cel wrote:

me!!!
i even wish i had a bit more curve!

Nov 09 06 03:44 pm Link

Model

Mandi Hill

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

I'm so self-conscious about mine that I never show it in my pictures.... is that bad?

Nov 09 06 03:46 pm Link

Model

christina jordan

San Diego, California, US

hahah i like this post....big booties are definately in...unfortuanately i cant really be in the "cool club" haha oh well. rawk on, small booties

Nov 09 06 03:49 pm Link

Photographer

lightsandshadow

New York, New York, US

jeskavardinski wrote:
I have 5 booty pictures in my port and i love em' all

So do I.  You'd look great with the boyshort pany thing!

Nov 09 06 03:49 pm Link

Photographer

lightsandshadow

New York, New York, US

Mandi Hill wrote:
I'm so self-conscious about mine that I never show it in my pictures.... is that bad?

From what I can see in your port you look like you'd do fine.  Don't be so self concious!

Nov 09 06 04:01 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Marshall Arts wrote:

No, it doesn't.  My original post focused on OVERSIZED (and often unattractive)asses being stuck in front of a camera and referred to as "glamour modeling" and is a fad that I think will not last wheres what I just typed (in response to what KatieK replied) reinforces that T&A is more important than quality photography to the general consenus on this website.  How do they contradict?

It contradicts because as you said "skin is in".  And there is most obvisouly a market for "oversized asses".

Oversized is also subjective.  10 years ago Vida would have been considered oversized, now she's the poster girl for a perfect ass in mainstream glamour.  5 years ago Buffie would have been "oversized" but now she's the poster girl for "urban" glamour.  The girl get's 5000 just to appear at a party.  Apparantly there is a market for it.  That's like saying that "tit's being stuck in front of the camera is just a fad" when we have 50 years of pin up and glamour photography to contradict that fact. 

Insofar as picture quality is concerned, if you are talking about the outlets for these markets (mag's, videos, calendars) then they are all on roughly equal planes.  Same lighting, same concepts, same photographers for ALL the mags, not just the ass mags.  Charlie Langela shoots for Maxim AND King for example.  And I think we both know the men's mag market isn't going anywhere.

If you are talking about online sites such as this well then it's not a proper correlation because 99.99999999 percent of what you see in someones port would never make it to a print magazine anyway.  MOST people on here aren't good.  At whatever they shoot.  From fashion, to art, to glamour, to ASS.  So  what you see on MM isn't a good microcosm to make a theoryon the direction or quality of an industry.

Trust me, I'm entrenched in that T and A market, and it's not hitting it's Zenith any time soon.  To the contrary it's only expanding like the asses you hold chagrin for.

Nov 09 06 04:08 pm Link

Filmmaker

Aswad Issa - 35mm Film

Brooklyn, New York, US

Ransom J wrote:

It contradicts because as you said "skin is in".  And there is most obvisouly a market for "oversized asses".

Oversized is also subjective.  10 years ago Vida would have been considered oversized, now she's the poster girl for a perfect ass in mainstream glamour.  5 years ago Buffie would have been "oversized" but now she's the poster girl for "urban" glamour.  The girl get's 5000 just to appear at a party.  Apparantly there is a market for it.  That's like saying that "tit's being stuck in front of the camera is just a fad" when we have 50 years of pin up and glamour photography to contradict that fact. 

Insofar as picture quality is concerned, if you are talking about the outlets for these markets (mag's, videos, calendars) then they are all on roughly equal planes.  Same lighting, same concepts, same photographers for ALL the mags, not just the ass mags.  Charlie Langela shoots for Maxim AND King for example.  And I think we both know the men's mag market isn't going anywhere.

If you are talking about online sites such as this well then it's not a proper correlation because 99.99999999 percent of what you see in someones port would never make it to a print magazine anyway.  MOST people on here aren't good.  At whatever they shoot.  From fashion, to art, to glamour, to ASS.  So  what you see on MM isn't a good microcosm to make a theoryon the direction or quality of an industry.

Trust me, I'm entrenched in that T and A market, and it's not hitting it's Zenith any time soon.  To the contrary it's only expanding like the asses you hold chagrin for.

I concur... T & A is here to stay.

We've just begun to tap into the amazing potential of the big ass.

Nov 09 06 04:59 pm Link

Model

Lelah G

Inglewood, California, US

It's not as much the "booty" itself, as it is how the booty is photographed.  What you have to understand is that the women who "model" their booties and 9 times out of 10 aiming for the urban model sector.  Why?  Because urban modeling is most accepting of ethnic women.  Urban modeling is a celebration of the accentuated NATURAL features of ethnic women (most predominately Black women).  And I stress natural because that doesn't cover the women who purchase boobs & booties to mimic natural features; with that, urban modeling is also very influential, enough to make a woman wanna buy her body shape.

Nonetheless, there are the wannabes who simply do too much for consideration (i.e. stickin their rumps in the camera lens, wearing the skimpiest fabric pieces, lol), which makes urban modeling more sexually charged than it already is.  Because it's more open to larger shapes and sizes (not your ordinary size 0-4 model call; hell, I'm a size 6 myself so even I'd be x'd out), more women feel like they have what it takes to be a "model."  Just look on Myspace or other community websites:  just about EVERY female puts up a few camera phone pictures and thinks she's a model.  Put a few booty pics up and you're in there!!  Lol

It really depends on how it's done though.  Actually, in magazines like KING, SHOW, SMOOTH, XXL, etc., the eye candy models don't stick out their butts, per se, for they're already big enough to poke out on their own.  These women are nicely shaped, believe it or not.  If it's done tastefully and it doesn't look cheesy or too forced like the camera phone and polaroid chicks, then to me, there's no problem with it. 

Uh, by the way:  has anyone taken into consideration the plethora of big-breasted women (real or fake, and for some reason fake seems to tip the scales tremendously) who flood magazines like MAXIM, FHM, STUFF, etc.?  Is there a forum buzzing about that?

Nov 09 06 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Lelah G wrote:
Uh, by the way:  has anyone taken into consideration the plethora of big-breasted women (real or fake, and for some reason fake seems to tip the scales tremendously) who flood magazines like MAXIM, FHM, STUFF, etc.?  Is there a forum buzzing about that?

There never is.  But monthly there is a 10 page post about why urban "booty" modeling is the devil.

It's got a lot to do with the negative stereotyping and oversexualization of the black female.  There's history behind it.

**and before anybody gets up in arms, look up Venus Hottentot**

**ALSO I'd like to go on record as saying that the vast majority of people that start these forums are black photogs and models, that, for some reason, can look at the same exact poses, lighting, and wardrobe in King and Maxim, but still label Maxim "legit glamour" and King "booty modeling".

So this is NOT a BLAME WHITEY statement***

Nov 09 06 05:24 pm Link

Model

Lelah G

Inglewood, California, US

Iris Swope wrote:
Don't worry... It's not the real models with the oversized rumps...

Is that to say that "real" models have no rumps at all?  What size do you think is that of a real model?

Nov 09 06 06:45 pm Link

Photographer

Tee Batinich

Riverside, California, US

jeskavardinski wrote:

hey! its decent!!wink

By BIG BOOTY I think he means that fat dimpled behinds that so many are proud to have. Your physique is beautiful and your "booty" is gorgeous, good shape and looks hard enough to bounce quarters off.

Even more mystifying to me is all the fat (lets call it what it is) women wearing belly shirts in public. These people must have a great self esteem,..... or are deluding themselves.

Nov 09 06 10:53 pm Link

Photographer

Tee Batinich

Riverside, California, US

Lelah G wrote:

Is that to say that "real" models have no rumps at all?  What size do you think is that of a real model?

Your are fine!! Great body. Again, I don't think that is what he is commenting on.

Nov 09 06 10:55 pm Link