Forums > General Industry > Pardon my ignorance, but

Model

Jessica Apple

Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands

has anyone ever heard of The League Magazine?  I am not really up to date on all the mags out there and I was wondering if anybody could give me any info on this mag and what it was like.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Nov 08 06 09:54 pm Link

Photographer

Studio Spike

New York, New York, US

never heard of it.

Nov 08 06 10:13 pm Link

Model

Jessica Apple

hmmmmmm, well the pic of the cover has P Diddy on it so I was thinking someone would have heard of it...a photographer was discussing with me the possibility of being in it and I was clueless about the mag so I was hoping to find some insight...

Nov 08 06 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

Bruce Talbot

Los Angeles, California, US

I'll bite.

Your question reads rather catty.

Ask the person who created it.

bt

Nov 08 06 10:23 pm Link

Model

Jessica Apple

Bruce Talbot wrote:
I'll bite.

Ask the person who created it.

bt

what????  I am already discussing it with the person who created it, but since we were discussing me being in it I was curious if anybody had ever flipped through it and knew what kind of shoots were in it--for ex. fashion, nude, lingerie, swimwear. 
Don't know what is catty about that.

Nov 08 06 10:31 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Jessica Apple wrote:
I am already discussing it with the person who created it, but since we were discussing me being in it I was curious if anybody had ever flipped through it and knew what kind of shoots were in it--for ex. fashion, nude, lingerie, swimwear.

http://www.theleaguemagazine.com/

Appears to be a online magazine. You can't really flip through it.

Let me say the link you provided as reference appears not to be a "tear sheet", which leads me to believe this is strictly an online magazine and a shit one at that.

Nov 08 06 10:35 pm Link

Photographer

Shin Kicker Studios

Sacramento, California, US

Jessica Apple wrote:

what????  I am already discussing it with the person who created it, but since we were discussing me being in it I was curious if anybody had ever flipped through it and knew what kind of shoots were in it--for ex. fashion, nude, lingerie, swimwear. 

Yes extremely catty! I mean why do you think you should be able to just to ask questions and get straight answers without someone pulling a comment like "reads rather catty" out of their...........? You should know better :-).

Half the people on these forums are just looking to start something when nothing need to be started. Don't we have THE PIT for that now?

All the same never heard of the mag. Sorry.

Shin Kicker

Nov 08 06 10:38 pm Link

Photographer

Studio Spike

New York, New York, US

after trying to find mention of 'the league' magazine via google, then checking out 'theleaguemagazine.com' i feel safe in saying there is no actual printed magazine.

Anyone can mock up something with Diddy's pic on it.

Nov 08 06 10:41 pm Link

Photographer

Bruce Talbot

Los Angeles, California, US

Jessica Apple wrote:

You did not state that in the original post or your first reply. Poorly worded posts apparently.

bt

Nov 08 06 10:42 pm Link

Photographer

Morbid Rockwell

Fresno, California, US

Google it, Doll.

Nov 08 06 10:48 pm Link

Photographer

Miles Chandler

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

I don't see evidence that it even exists anywhere.. I see the Frasier's posters framed by a logo, and that's it. My guess is that this "magazine" is a one-man operation he plans to do on-line for advertising bucks and hits. Money up-front, at the very least? Get references and a look at his work.. this isn't going to give you any exposure, so make sure he's not a GWC.
Or to put it differently, assume he's a GWC who wants to get you nude until you have some kind of evidence to the contrary.

Nov 09 06 08:36 am Link

Photographer

giovanni gruttola

Middle Island, New York, US

Miles Chandler wrote:
I don't see evidence that it even exists anywhere..

Uh oh... I see the start of a god thread!!! :-o

Nov 09 06 08:39 am Link

Photographer

The German Woman

Berlin, Georgia, US

Bruce Talbot wrote:

That was so uncalled for. Where exactly did you pick up on cattyness in her question?

Nov 09 06 11:36 am Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

Call a bookstore.. B&N, Borders, etc.

Nov 09 06 11:38 am Link

Photographer

Richard Lech

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Almost sounds like a bowling magazine!

Nov 09 06 11:40 am Link