Model

Skye Ellington

Austell, Georgia, US

When shooting a TFP, how many pics are you supposed to receive and how many looks should you try for?

Nov 08 06 10:18 am Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

Just depends on what you negotiate.  i usually provide 4-6 finished images.  Looks, whatever there is time for.

Nov 08 06 10:22 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

4-6 images per session (day?) sounds about right to me.

I would only want to do 2, maybe 3 looks, for that to make sure there are enough of each to choose 1 of each for the portfolio.

Nov 08 06 10:36 am Link

Photographer

TA Craft Photography

Bristol, England, United Kingdom

I usually try and do 12, it depends on what is been shot, how many looks, how much photoshop etc etc. and are web site ready.  The number of look you do depends on the time you have available for the shoot. Two is not uncommon, three is good.
I try to do the CD in 7 days, but extensive photoshopping will make this time longer,

Nov 08 06 10:41 am Link

Photographer

studio L

Oakland, California, US

Skye Ellington wrote:
When shooting a TFP, how many pics are you supposed to receive and how many looks should you try for?

There is no standard in either regard.

My successful TFP's generally return 25-45 strong images minimum in 4-6 hours of sitting time, with a "looks" range of 3-6.

Be very choosey about your TFP selections-and you'll get results similar (but different!) to these.

Bon chance!

Nov 08 06 10:43 am Link

Photographer

Infinite Eye

New York, New York, US

You should get whatever you agreed upon with the photographer, but when it gets down to it, 2-5 great images (roughly one per setup) from a shoot is plenty.

I mean, how many are you really going to use from the same shoot?

Nov 08 06 10:50 am Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Definately be sure that you are picky on the TFP. Your goal as a model should be that TFP will enhance your portfolio. Of course, as a photographer, that is their goal too!

So how do you accomplish this? Very carefully smile
TFP is commonly 2-3 looks, maybe more depending on how the photographer shoots. A couple hours, and the result can be anything from a CD of unedited images to a dozen edited and printed images. Its up to you to negotiate so that you get the best deal for you that you can. Again, don't forget, the photographer only wants the same thing for himself - the best deal possible.

Best of luck!

Nov 08 06 10:51 am Link