Forums > General Industry > What would you do if .... ??

Photographer

Saryn Angel

Los Angeles, California, US

Hm. I've been in a similar situation - but it was a friend and she was more imitating my lighting and some of my ideas - but it was more that she was learning and improving and being ispired by me.

Which is actually very cool.

Based on the images that you posted - you really have nothing to worry about, the quality and experience is definately on your side. As time goes by, the model will develope her own style and stop imitating you.

I would just stop photographing her if it bothers you that much. 

On another note - I recently took up modeling to work with other photographers and see how they work with models to improve my own work - I have no intention of copying their style or shots, but it's very cool and interesting to see it from the other side.

~Saryn

Nov 07 06 09:06 am Link

Photographer

stan wigmore photograph

Long Beach, California, US

Yerkes Photography wrote:
heres a abd example of what im talking about ...

had to copy the thumbnails ... but you can get the idea ...

and remember , her shots were all taken within a week or two of mine ... and she was on said shoots ...

https://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/calliesmom/matt/Project1-1.jpg

I' m not certain which are yours because you didn't mention,but if you think your the first to come up with any of these shots,you're in for a big surprise.I and every photog here has done this stuff over and over.It's how we,you and she learnAlso,she isn't copying your pictures,she's using the basic idea to do her own
shot.I guarantee you borrowed the idea in the first place ,don't loose sleep over it

Nov 07 06 06:50 pm Link