Forums > General Industry > MUA / Photos

Photographer

Julian Murray

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

When doing a test shoot between a model and also a MUA, I usually give the model about 4 photos from the shoot. But what if the MUA gets the 4 photos but then wants a bunch more, should I give her more or just keep it at the 4?

Nov 06 06 09:09 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I would say that getting that # squared away _before_ shooting would be best.  Probably put it in the releases, too.

Nov 07 06 09:46 pm Link

Photographer

Splendid_Images

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Julian Murray wrote:
When doing a test shoot between a model and also a MUA, I usually give the model about 4 photos from the shoot. But what if the MUA gets the 4 photos but then wants a bunch more, should I give her more or just keep it at the 4?

For the right price they can have them all

Nov 08 06 01:55 am Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Josie Nutter wrote:
I would say that getting that # squared away _before_ shooting would be best.  Probably put it in the releases, too.

Absolutely. I usually have an MUA and a stylist onboard, and I keep the number at around 4 or 5 for each. Actually, until recently, most MUAs loved the shots but never asked for prints, as I tend not to shoot too closely and their work isn't properly showcased. I felt bad about this - the MUA is an integral part of the team, and deserves better - so I make sure to do some beauty shots now as well.

Nov 08 06 09:06 pm Link