Forums > General Industry > How long should one have to wait to get their pics

Model

keri t

New York, New York, US

from a photographer who they had to pay?? when the photographer... said he would have them back days ago and then made some stupid excuse as to why they were not here.. and that i need to "chill" me?? i paid for his work and i think he should have it to me in a timely matter.

Nov 06 06 06:13 am Link

Photographer

Visions Of Paradise

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Give it a few more days and then call a for legal help you paid so it's you'r images outright, Did you have him sign anything to prove that you paid him for his services ?

Nov 06 06 06:17 am Link

Model

keri t

New York, New York, US

yep he signed something .. a recete.... i just feel like if i am not on his ass about it he will let it go and im going to miami later this week and want to take the stuff with!

Nov 06 06 06:23 am Link

Photographer

RonSlatonPhoto62

Brandon, Florida, US

Hello Keri,

I make every effort to "turn around" my images within 5-7 days, usually so fast that when I call a model to say "They're ready" they have to ask me a wait a couple of days for them to be able to meet and get them.  Right now, I have discs for two models sitting in the outbin, waiting on them.

Once, I'm out of school, I want to get general work down to 3-5 days.  That all includes combing for bad shots (blinks, misfires, etc.) and Photoshop processing (another thing I see in other ports are "delivered pics" that don't even have blackheads, pimples, discoloration, etc. removed - so why so long?).

As for paid work, I guess it's best to ask right up front how many days after the shoot will you get a disc, and what compensation will come into play for waiting more than a reasonable amount of time.  After all, you are a paying client.

Ron

Nov 06 06 06:26 am Link

Model

keri t

New York, New York, US

well first he told me last week! now he told me... "if" he sends out the film today then it will get here tomorrow. i want a cd too..is that toomuch to ask since he used film to make a cd too?

Nov 06 06 06:28 am Link

Model

Tanyazaki

Lincoln, England, United Kingdom

im still waiting from a june shoot i did tfcd sad some togs are very slow.

Nov 06 06 06:33 am Link

Photographer

Darrell

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Axlf wrote:
Give it a few more days and then call a for legal help you paid so it's you'r images outright, Did you have him sign anything to prove that you paid him for his services ?

Unless the photographer signed the rights over to you, they will remain his images. The photographer will own the copyright (at least in the USA & Canada)

However there is some contractual obligations regarding timely delivery of the work.

Nov 06 06 06:33 am Link

Model

Pas3647

i'm still waiting for pics....been like 1 month

Nov 06 06 06:39 am Link

Photographer

Stephen E Morton

White Plains, New York, US

I try to do a 7 day turnaround - hard sometimes, though

Nov 06 06 06:41 am Link

Photographer

Ulrich Photography

Elkton, Maryland, US

When was the shoot? I normally have my proofs ready in a few days. They normally don't take long to get them done because they are not fully edited, just for color and exposure, etc. The final images only take an evening to finish unless there is some crazy Photoshop involved.

Nov 06 06 06:42 am Link

Photographer

Fluffytek

You have not said how long you have been waiting, but if the photographer shoots film (which you allude to), and he doesnt process in house, then a week sounds pretty fast.

If you ask in here you'll get loads of digital shooters say they do it in 24hrs to a week. Film takes longer.

You could ask him why he hasnt sent the film off yet!

Nov 06 06 06:47 am Link