Forums > General Industry > concept shoot?

Model

Jennifer Tyler

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

i have a shoot with a guy coming up...... but, i want to color outside of the lines a little bit! i need to come up with a good concept to shoot..... or else it will look like me jus about to jump on some guy... and that's what EVERYONEEEEE does!
does anyone have any ideas????? or know where i can get some inspiration?
was thinking some kind of calvin klein jeans ad, but that's been done SOOOO MANY times by SOOOO MANY different photographers!

Nov 05 06 02:56 am Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

why does the model have to come up with an idea? don't they do enough work with the prep and posing?

Nov 05 06 08:20 am Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

oh take a look at my portfolio if you wanna have some inspiration for coloring outside the lines

Nov 05 06 08:20 am Link

Photographer

PDXImaging

Lake Oswego, Oregon, US

Ahhhh, come shoot with me I have more concept shoots in mind than I can handle...  LOL

Nov 05 06 08:35 am Link

Photographer

former_mm_user

New York, New York, US

sneak up behind him with a really big knife.  or stand smiling and talking with him, but hiding a really big knife behind your back.

Nov 05 06 08:41 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

ravens laughter wrote:
oh take a look at my portfolio if you wanna have some inspiration for coloring outside the lines

Can I step off topic a sec and ask you a technical question?

Your avitar, and a couple of other images in your port have been given the appearance of very old photos with all the cracks, scratches and blemishes.  Would you share how you achieve that look?  I've seen photoshop tricks for repairing that damage on actual old photos, but I don't recall seeing how to give the look to new photos. smile

Nov 05 06 08:50 am Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Sacramento, California, US

You'd make a great pin-up if you can find someone who can really pull it off.

Nov 05 06 09:13 am Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

jim, go find something that is cracked or scratched or pretty well messed up... take a picture of it. Then simply make it a brush in photoshop and paint it on where you'd like (make sure that you make a seperate layer for this because it'll take a few tries to get right) and voila..... you have an aged photo.

Nov 05 06 09:16 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

ravens laughter wrote:
jim, go find something that is cracked or scratched or pretty well messed up... take a picture of it. Then simply make it a brush in photoshop and paint it on where you'd like (make sure that you make a seperate layer for this because it'll take a few tries to get right) and voila..... you have an aged photo.

That's what I thought.  I was thinking of wadding up a piece of waxed paper, smoothing it back out, and photographing it.  Thanks for sharing!

Nov 05 06 09:51 am Link