Forums > General Industry > why so many modeling scams/underground pay sites

Model

billy smith

Abū al-Hassan, aš-Šalif, Algeria

Why cant modeling be a little cleaner? You cant trust anyone. It is just a bunch of name calling with lots of drama. Why do some photographers, let me rephrase. Why do some per photographers put paysites out of people with out them knowing about it? This is illegal. I have met so many nice and respectable people in the industry. A couple bad ones however give the term "MODELING" a bad name.

Nov 04 06 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

So, Kenny, did this happen to you?

Did you sign a release?

What did the release say?

Nov 04 06 10:07 pm Link

Photographer

StudioSeventeen

Laguna Beach, California, US

here we go again

mr positive encouragment

Kenny did you send your post thru the "forum police' first to get approval?

Nov 04 06 10:10 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

StudioSeventeen wrote:
here we go again

mr positive encouragment

Pardon me?  I asked three questions.  All of them are on point.  Which one of them do you think is inappropriate, and why?

Or is the only acceptable answer to anyone's complaint to say, "Poor baby!"?

Nov 04 06 10:12 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Kenny Fayas Jr wrote:
Why cant modeling be a little cleaner? You cant trust anyone. It is just a bunch of name calling with lots of drama. Why do some photographers, let me rephrase. Why do some per photographers put paysites out of people with out them knowing about it? This is illegal. I have met so many nice and respectable people in the industry. A couple bad ones however give the term "MODELING" a bad name.

The "name calling" is vague.  Can you can try to write a little more detail about what you are talking about?   Yes, you're right that there are "clean" models and photographers.  There are also those of us who do out best to avoid drama.  But this doesn't make sense.

You know of some photographers putting pictures of models out on paysites without the models permission?  Have you notified the models? Could it be that they were paid by the photographer and so it's all legit?

Nov 04 06 10:13 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

The "name calling" is vague.  Can you can try to write a little more detail about what you are talking about?   Yes, you're right that there are "clean" models and photographers.  There are also those of us who do out best to avoid drama.  But this doesn't make sense.

You know of some photographers putting pictures of models out on paysites without the models permission?  Have you notified the models? Could it be that they were paid by the photographer and so it's all legit?

Umm, Patrick?  That's not very positive and encouraging.  You are supposed to say, "Oh, dear!  Did something happen that you don't like?  Here, have a cookie."

Nov 04 06 10:16 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

why so many modeling scams/underground pay sites

Which are you talking about?  Your title says one thing, your post says another.  But anyway, the reason that criminals do illegal things is because they are criminals and want to get over on people.  It happens in every industry, not just modeling.  If someone posted your pictures, tell the photographer who took them and let him/her go from there.  If something is illegal, that means you have a way to legally deal with it.

Nov 04 06 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

Dr Molly Black

Cleveland, Ohio, US

TXPhotog wrote:

Did you sign a release?

Am I allowed to love you? This is difficult. I think you're anti-The Thread which is my home and full of lovéd ones. But sometimes you're just too perfect.

Nov 04 06 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

Instinct Images

San Diego, California, US

It's simple - there are a lot of people that want to be rich and famous. Which means there are plenty of people will use that to their advantage and rip them off. They also tend to take advantage of most people desire to trust others. And of course it's not just modeling, it's acting, music, etc. If someone is desperate to be famous and you convince them that you can make them famous, well then you can easily take advantage of that trust.

Nov 04 06 10:24 pm Link

Photographer

Satan Bug

Hell, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway

get yourself a good lawyer and stop trusting from the gate

Nov 04 06 10:25 pm Link

Model

billy smith

Instinct Images wrote:
It's simple - there are a lot of people that want to be rich and famous. Which means there are plenty of people will use that to their advantage and rip them off. They also tend to take advantage of most people desire to trust others. And of course it's not just modeling, it's acting, music, etc. If someone is desperate to be famous and you convince them that you can make them famous, well then you can easily take advantage of that trust.

I completely agree. It is not just modeling.

Nov 04 06 10:29 pm Link

Model

billy smith

I am just saying in general, some photographers use the fact that the model is new to the business against them. Models can be just as bad, dont get me wrong.

Nov 04 06 11:16 pm Link

Model

billy smith

TXPhotog wrote:

Did you sign a release?

Take a couple deep breaths and relax.

Nov 04 06 11:18 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Kenny Fayas Jr wrote:
I am just saying in general, some photographers use the fact that the model is new to the business against them. Models can be just as bad, dont get me wrong.

If this is true, then models should be doing their homework more and fantasizing about fame and fortune less.

Nov 04 06 11:21 pm Link

Model

billy smith

you know that but others might not

Nov 04 06 11:23 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Kenny Fayas Jr wrote:
you know that but others might not

But I didn't show up in this business knowing anything.  I did my homework and I can't feel that sorry for people who don't.  Then again I never liked the stupid kids in school who didn't pay attention in class either.  That's why I took the honors classes, to escape them.  Too bad there's no Honors MM.

Nov 04 06 11:25 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Kenny Fayas Jr wrote:

Can we cut to the chase.  This is two threads you are running on much the same topic.  What is it you are upset about?  Did you have a problem?

Nov 04 06 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

TXPhotog wrote:

Did you sign a release?

Kenny Fayas Jr wrote:
Take a couple deep breaths and relax.

Try answering the reasonable questions.

Nov 05 06 12:24 am Link

Makeup Artist

LisaJohnson

Nashville, Tennessee, US

ROFLMAO!

*here it comes again*

StudioSeventeen wrote:
here we go again

mr positive encouragment

Nov 05 06 07:41 am Link