Forums > General Industry > This bugs me

Photographer

PHOTODAC

Rutherford, New Jersey, US

Not a big deal...but nothing bugs me more then this:

"All referrals will be reviewed by my photographer, So and So Photography"

So basically I have to get someone's permission to work with you? And this guy has to approve my work? Doesn't the model have an opinion of her own?

So if you have "your own" photographer...continue to work with him. Sort of a pimp...isnt he?

Nov 03 06 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

Just Shoot Me Photograp

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

yeah i don't understand that manger crap on OMP. I saw one he was a manger but his work was really bad I don't think he would know good photography if it hit him in the face.

Nov 03 06 12:48 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

one word: vomit.

four words: more work for me.

eleven words/one number: I review and respond to all potential work offers within 24 hours.

Nov 03 06 12:54 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Messages like that tell me two things. First, it tells me there are two people, a model and photographer who have absolutely no idea what they are doing. Second, it tells me to move on the the next model.

Nov 03 06 01:10 pm Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

Daniel Coppola wrote:

So basically I have to get someone's permission to work with you? And this guy has to approve my work? Doesn't the model have an opinion of her own?

So if you have "your own" photographer...continue to work with him. Sort of a pimp...isnt he?

Exactly.

Nov 03 06 01:14 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

If you see that on MM, let the moderators know.  We don't allow managers to operate here.

Nov 03 06 01:18 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Daniel Coppola wrote:

Yes, exactly. I so know the type. Ridiculous!

I got into it with a sluggo once over shooting a model and said to him, "what are you a photographer, or a pimp!". He didn't like that. Lol...

And the models that allow it are no better (if they're even aware of it). But then, I wonder if they're just naive, don't know any better and think that's how it works.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Nov 03 06 02:30 pm Link