Forums > General Industry > Fake profiles

Model

Jessica Loren

Baltimore, Maryland, US

OK...so I'm looking at the main page reading the announcements and what not and I look up and see a picture of one of Jessica's model friends whom I know personally and whom she's worked with.
So I am about to say.."Hey Jess, guess who's on MM?" when I see the name...it's NOT the right name. So, then I think OK, MM has made a mistake or something so I go to the profile and see NO, MM has not made a mistake but rather this person has stolen Jessica's friend's photos and decided to use them. The person joined only 2 days ago. Jess left the poser a couple comments.
To what end does someone do this? They can't actually be looking for work because this person can't possibly look that much like the actual model, at least not enough to pass off these photos as herself when and IF she get's to work with a photographer here.
The girl who's photos were stolen is a minor and I have notified her mother as well as e-mailed a moderator.

EDITED: The photo thief has been removed.

Peggy

Aug 19 05 09:11 pm Link

Model

Rolette

Newtown, Pennsylvania, US

It is quite perplexing, especially seeing as how the person would never be able to work with any model or photographer they meet online (in general).  What would be the point, especially if you don't really look like that?

Hopefully things can be fixed soon.

Aug 19 05 09:26 pm Link

Model

Jessica Loren

Baltimore, Maryland, US

That was fast. Great work mods.

Peggy

Aug 19 05 09:33 pm Link

Model

Hel Inferna

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

My profile is a fake. I actually do runway and glamour,  but I secretly want to be an alternative model.

Aug 19 05 09:42 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

theres a lot of fake profiles, and only a few mods..
so its a daunting task..thats why the site really needs to govern itself...

so good catch jes..

Aug 19 05 09:42 pm Link

Photographer

40 Digital Photography

Tarpon Springs, Florida, US

Rolette wrote:
It is quite perplexing, especially seeing as how the person would never be able to work with any model or photographer they meet online (in general).  What would be the point, especially if you don't really look like that?

Hopefully things can be fixed soon.

Well believe it or not, for a fake portfolio the idea is not to get work or do anything related to modeling, It's to keep some lonely weirdo company. On any site, free or paid, there are tons of nutcases  to deal with and only a few moderators.

Robert

Aug 19 05 11:00 pm Link