Forums > General Industry > Photoshop Tutor...L.A, area....?

Photographer

Sylvio

Los Angeles, California, US

I am looking for someone to tutor me in Photoshop, preferably in the San Fernando or Santa Clarita Valley area. My home / office or your home / office. I am looking for a fundamental (as opposed to technical) understanding of the program as it relates to my photography. This includes the basics- curves, layers, masks, etc…as well as more artistic- creating composite images, extracting items, changing backgrounds, adding textures, liquefy and other tools. Please let me know your availability/rates. I am willing to pay or trade.

Just to make it fun, post some before/after pics.

Thanks,
Sylvio

Nov 01 06 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

I would be happy to help you in your journey... that is if my kind of work is similar in scope to what you're looking for in your own; I don't like pay.... that spoils creativity usually; what do you offer in the way of trade?

Nov 01 06 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Man.. I threatened RL with a shotgun and couldn't get any info out of him.. All you do is go and ask!?!?!

Wish I'd thought of that.

Nov 01 06 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:
Man.. I threatened RL with a shotgun and couldn't get any info out of him.. All you do is go and ask!?!?!

Wish I'd thought of that.

I'll trade with ya.

Nov 01 06 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

Sylvio

ravens laughter wrote:
I would be happy to help you in your journey... that is if my kind of work is similar in scope to what you're looking for in your own; I don't like pay.... that spoils creativity usually; what do you offer in the way of trade?

Hi Ravens,

Thanks for your reply. Gosh, It's been what, 2 years since we last talked? I'll send you a message, give a call or email me your # and I'll call you. As far as trade goes, when I typed that I was thinking that a non photog might want to trade for my services, but if you come up with something, let me know. Hope all is well with you and I look forward to getting together...

Sylvio
BTW, your work is stellar!, as usual.

Nov 02 06 11:24 am Link

Photographer

Sylvio

DigitalCMH wrote:

I'll trade with ya.

Hi Christopher,
I don't believe we have spoken before, thanks for your reply and nice to meeet you!

As far as trade goes (see above post) and let me know your thoughts.

(you have mail)

Sylvio

Nov 02 06 11:34 am Link