Forums > General Industry > Going to Paris... Now What?

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

(Ok, let's try this again, my first post got lost somewhere in the MM bit buffer...)

I'll be in Paris for a few weeks in December, looking for advice about setting up a few TFCD shoots while I'm there:

- Model recommendations or flakes? Feel free to PM me. Looking for exceptional models who are **reliable**, creative, and who are comfortable with both editorial fashion (or alt/goth beauty) and artistic nude.

- Any travel advice for bringing my camera and possibly some lighting?

- Is a permit required to shoot downtown? If so, how complex is that process?

- I may have more time for evening shoots than daytime since I am there on business. Suggestions for locations?

- General travel advice also appreciated, as this will be my first trip abroad.

Nov 01 06 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

there are some French models, including a number from Paris, here on MM - (you'll see more of them late night TX time = day in France) - but you'll find more if you network on some of the French sites ...

... and of course everything's easier to negotiate if you speak French; not sure if you do but yeah, too, most French do speak some English.

let me know if you have any questions, okay?

(came here from France)
FML

Nov 01 06 02:08 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

No one else working in the City of Love with some tips?

Nov 02 06 11:46 am Link

Photographer

1972 Productions

Cebu, Central Visayas, Philippines

I've never had an issue shooting in Paris, no hassle for using my tripod although I have never used more lighting than a 550ex on camera.

Only thing I can tell you is don't shoot the Eiffel Tower at night as the new lights are actually copyrighted believe it or not!  Bloody Japaneese!!

Apart from that enjoy the food and dress warm it's bloody clod there in December!

Nov 02 06 11:50 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

just keep out of trouble!!
take out with you at all shoots your pasport
ID
business cards any releases or other paper work and keep them on you

find out from French photographers whether is better in public (re queries) to say you are working and have business card ID etc to support that
or
to say you are a student of art / that its is a college art project etc

the French police are very proud and have absolutely no sense of humour

;-)

bon chance!

Nov 02 06 11:52 am Link