Forums > General Industry > Best GWC story ever

Photographer

Frank McAdam

New York, New York, US

From Stephen Davis' biography of Jim Morrison:

"And then there was Gloria Stavers, the thirty-something former model who was the editor of Sixteen...  Gloria Stavers could make (or break) careers with cover stories and photo spreads in her magazine.  She liked to shoot her own photo sessions in her apartment, which if truly successful ended up in her bed...

"She [Gloria] opened a fresh bottle of wine.  She mussed Jim's long hair a bit, rapping to him, teasing him.  She took out a comb to style his hair, but he grabbed it and threw it out the open window.  'Get that comb away from me,' he snarled.  Soon Jim's shirt was off... At dawn they tumbled into bed.  She lubricated herself with melted butter and let Jim do what he liked best..."

Nov 01 06 08:13 am Link

Photographer

Brian Ziff

Los Angeles, California, US

Frank McAdam wrote:

"...She lubricated herself with melted butter and let Jim do what he liked best..."

which was?

Nov 01 06 08:14 am Link

Photographer

David Simpson Images

Bangor, Maine, US

In the book it is brought up quite often that Morrison may have been Bisexual so liked the flip side

Nov 01 06 08:17 am Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Frank McAdam wrote:

"And then there was Gloria Stavers, the thirty-something former model who was the editor of Sixteen...  Gloria Stavers could make (or break) careers with cover stories and photo spreads in her magazine.  She liked to shoot her own photo sessions in her apartment, which if truly successful ended up in her bed...

"She [Gloria] opened a fresh bottle of wine.  She mussed Jim's long hair a bit, rapping to him, teasing him.  She took out a comb to style his hair, but he grabbed it and threw it out the open window.  'Get that comb away from me,' he snarled.  Soon Jim's shirt was off... At dawn they tumbled into bed.  She lubricated herself with melted butter and let Jim do what he liked best..."

If I were photographing Jim Morrison, I'm pretty positive I woulda' wanted him into bed also. Hey... 'least I'm being honest. I love that man! Mmmm... Jim!

Nov 01 06 08:24 am Link