Forums > General Industry > She wants a deposit!

Photographer

Cory S Photography

Tell her to take a hike. Is she a prostitute or a model? You are the one who needs to demand deposits from these girls.

Nov 01 06 10:51 am Link

Photographer

Cory S Photography

[

Nov 01 06 10:54 am Link

Makeup Artist

MAGIC FX

New York, New York, US

Image K wrote:

She is also a MUA, and has agreed to do her own make-up.

Uh oh I see trouble...

Nov 01 06 10:59 am Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

Well, I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about. And although, I personally wouldn't do it (I don't even pay models), you will get some great images out of it (as long as you do everything right technically - lol).
So, I guess you can choose at this point...

John

Nov 01 06 11:02 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I've also heard of models who only book solid dates with a deposit being paid. The rest are tentative (ie waiting list). In other words, she will go ahead and tentatively book with you. But if another photographer comes along and agrees to pay the deposit and wants your time slot you'd get bumped.

This might work for you. You'll get your time slot booked, and assuming you don't get bumped (and there's a good chance you probably wont) you'll get your shoot.

It's like anything else.. she wants to book the "for sures". Nothing would suck worse than turning someone down then getting there and photographers start flaking. She's just trying to protect herself. And you should do the same by tentatively agreeing to a shoot sans deposit.

More than likely you'll get your shoot.

Nov 01 06 11:04 am Link

Photographer

dontaggart photography

Atlantic City, New Jersey, US

If your model is the real deal send the deposit with a contract and sample release so she has time to review it.  Make sure you get a full release!  It doesn't make sense to pay big bucks for a high end model and not have a release to sell them.  It's Biz.

So send the check and forget about it,

dt

Nov 01 06 11:08 am Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

I still think you should take JOhn's advice about references

Nov 01 06 11:10 am Link