Forums > General Industry > Fat girl mania?

Model

Dara_w

Atlanta, Georgia, US

As a fuller figure model I get a lot of people wanting to cheer me on with Monique comments and Starr Jones and things of the like, I find them extremely irritating because I don't think I'm in that category. Are those the only examples people have? I hate when people start with that BBW and "big girls rock!!" type comments. Am I wrong?

Oct 31 06 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

You're hot..

Period.

Oct 31 06 09:40 pm Link

Model

Dara_w

Atlanta, Georgia, US

W.G. Rowland of Gilead wrote:
You're hot..

Period.

well damn!! thanks.. that's what's up

Oct 31 06 09:42 pm Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

https://img4.modelmayhem.com/060929/14/451d719dd1275_m.jpg

i think you're hot. no qualifiers. i'd say T&A, but you don't have any really great ass shots... but yeah, you're hot.

Oct 31 06 09:42 pm Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

ummm... I looked at your portfolio, and i had to go take a cold shower.... starr jones has never done that to me.

Oct 31 06 09:54 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

You're not fat.  Comparing you to genuinely big women displays an amazing lack of perception.

Oct 31 06 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

Kalamazoo, Michigan, US

Unfortunately....bigger women don't have substantial "sexy" roles in the media.

Katherine Manheim, Starr Jones, Kathy Bates, (Where they are very powerful actresses, and hold a lot of merit in other ways)...they aren't considered sexy.

Blame the media, and then blame society, as society and media go hand in hand telling each other whats sexy and hot.  The media spoon feeds actresses out, and society dictates to media who it wants to see more of.

Theres no "win-win" situation...unless of course, more larger women are displayed more prominantly in the media in sexy roles.

Oct 31 06 09:59 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

dee740 wrote:
As a fuller figure model I get a lot of people wanting to cheer me on with Monique comments and Starr Jones and things of the like, I find them extremely irritating because I don't think I'm in that category. Are those the only examples people have? I hate when people start with that BBW and "big girls rock!!" type comments. Am I wrong?

No, you aren't wrong.  And I still wanna be like Dee!

Oct 31 06 10:00 pm Link

Model

Jasmine E

New York, New York, US

nineandnineteen wrote:
Unfortunately....bigger women don't have substantial "sexy" roles in the media.

Katherine Manheim, Starr Jones, Kathy Bates, (Where they are very powerful actresses, and hold a lot of merit in other ways)...they aren't considered sexy.

Blame the media, and then blame society, as society and media go hand in hand telling each other whats sexy and hot.  The media spoon feeds actresses out, and society dictates to media who it wants to see more of.

Theres no "win-win" situation...unless of course, more larger women are displayed more prominantly in the media in sexy roles.

She's right on the money! Thats definatley the problem.

dee740 wrote:

You're not wrong at all.  It's very annoying!  The things that nineandnineteen said pretty much seem to sum up why it happens tho .... Unless more curvy women are displayed and idolized in the media it's pretty much going to continue to happen every time.  =\

Oct 31 06 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Dave Wright Photo wrote:
https://img4.modelmayhem.com/060929/14/451d719dd1275_m.jpg

i think you're hot. no qualifiers. i'd say T&A, but you don't have any really great ass shots... but yeah, you're hot.

**rushes in to the rescue**  hopefully your friendly neighberhood Ransom J can remedy that problem.

Oct 31 06 10:24 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Tuzzio

Bellevue, Nebraska, US

W.G. Rowland of Gilead wrote:
You're hot..

Period.

Seconded. Period.

And god damn I love your avatar picture... you've got such fantastic features!

Nov 01 06 12:33 am Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

consider the source(s)

Nov 01 06 12:36 am Link

Model

Jakki Browne

Los Angeles, California, US

Hmm I would put you (and myself) in the "Beyonce" sorta category.  She is the only curvy shaped celebrity that is viewed as sexy. And of course with the popularity of music videos and music video models, those women fall into that category as well. You most certainly are not a BBW. I would find those comments annoying even though the intentions are kind.  But it is important to note their intentions however slightly misguided.

Nov 01 06 12:41 am Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

People generally like to classify and categorize others into simple groups.  There's "normal sized models, and then there's larger sized models" they will sa, without noting the degree of difference from "normal".  I hate simple categories.  There are so many variables.  Don't be concerned about how others will classify you.  Just be the beautiful model you are.

Nov 01 06 01:15 am Link

Photographer

Bruce Talbot

oldguysrule wrote:
consider the source(s)

Embracing Oldguysrule's answer is key to a successful run as a model.

Do you have a career destination in mind? Have you assessed your ability to achieve it? Can you stay focused and filter out comments that aren't applicable to your goals?

::: rolls up sleeves :::

The title "Fat girl mania?" conditions a viewer's visual anticipation just as "don't think of pink elephants" puts the little beasties firmly in your mind's eye. You'll see what you're looking for since humans tend to be wired that way. You're pretty without qualification and exhibit great shooting range. Tailor your presentation to how you desire an appreciative audience to respond ..............and do it yesterday.

I see potential and you're slacking.  ( now apply content from above )

bt

Nov 01 06 01:40 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Bruce Talbot wrote:

Embracing Oldguysrule's answer is key to a successful run as a model.

Do you have a career destination in mind? Have you assessed your ability to achieve it? Can you stay focused and filter out comments that aren't applicable to your goals?

::: rolls up sleeves :::

The title "Fat girl mania?" conditions a viewer's visual anticipation just as "don't think of pink elephants" puts the little beasties firmly in your mind's eye. You'll see what you're looking for since humans tend to be wired that way. You're pretty without qualification and exhibit great shooting range. Tailor your presentation to how you desire an appreciative audience to respond ..............and do it yesterday.

I see potential and you're slacking.  ( now apply content from above )

bt

What ho?  Mayhaps  a jewell of wisdom from the great Clark Kent??   And NOT rife with sarcasm and light hearted quips?  Thou doth surprise me captain!

And yes I agree.  SOOOOOO much potential.

Nov 01 06 01:50 am Link

Model

Samantha Grace

You aren't a BBW or a fat model.
I would say curvy, but you are too thin to be either.

Nov 01 06 09:32 am Link

Model

Cristina Ashley

Buffalo, Illinois, US

Well you call yourself fuller.....so wouldn't that kind of be another way of saying big, and that's just the word those other girls used?

You're gorgeous and you have a great body. But the fact of it is, in the modeling world you would be considered a bigger girl. And i'm not comparing you too those crazy ladies with legs the size of my torso.

Don't let labels get to you.

I'm 5'7 and I get called short all the time, even though in real life i'm taller that alot of girls I know. It just comes with the territory.

Nov 01 06 09:43 am Link

Model

Dara_w

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Cristina Ashley wrote:
Well you call yourself fuller.....so wouldn't that kind of be another way of saying big, and that's just the word those other girls used?

well I never said I was straight size model, but it just seems inaccurate since Monqiue has to weigh at least 100 pounds more than I do....

when I say fuller I mean I have big breasts and a big ass....not big all over any type of which way

Nov 01 06 10:21 am Link

Model

Cash DeVereaux

Santa Cruz, California, US

I fully sympathize with you. I get alot of that all of the time and big I definitely am not....But you know, it comes with the territory of being a trailblazer. They need to categorize you in order to make themselves feel comfortable.

Nov 01 06 10:25 am Link

Model

Cristina Ashley

Buffalo, Illinois, US

dee740 wrote:

well I never said I was straight size model, but it just seems inaccurate since Monqiue has to weigh at least 100 pounds more than I do....

when I say fuller I mean I have big breasts and a big ass....not big all over any type of which way

Should I know who this monique person is? lol.

Either way you're beautiful and you do have a beautiful body...so who cares what they say to you.  Just delete those comments and go on your merry way.

Nov 01 06 10:27 am Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

why aren't you shooting with ransom and bt? they see the potential.

Dave Wright Photo wrote:

Ransom J wrote:
**rushes in to the rescue**  hopefully your friendly neighberhood Ransom J can remedy that problem.

Bruce Talbot wrote:
I see potential and you're slacking.

Nov 01 06 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Ector

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Are you kidding me??????????

https://img3.modelmayhem.com/060328/22/ … 3097e6.jpg

Your body is THE SHIT!!!! SORRY.

Anyway, im in ATL. We should hook up for a shoot.

Nov 01 06 12:40 pm Link