Forums > General Industry > You show me your's,I'll show you mine!

Photographer

stan wigmore photograph

Long Beach, California, US

Reference list that is,for both models and photographers,one for the wonderful ,dependable,reliable ones who show up on time all the time to work.,and one for the flakey,no shows.No, not in a public forum but privately between consenting adults via email.Yes and  let's include  make up/hair people and the stylists too.Just the "No call/No show" variety without getting into he said she said.
    With today's email you reach a dozen,a hundred,a thousand people with just a touch of the send button.Let's talk among ourselves.Open to ideas and opinions

Oct 31 06 04:31 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Someone should just create an invite-only web site for this sort of thing. Create a trusted circle so you know someone isn't just getting badmouthed unreasonably and also make it private so there is no libel involved.

Oct 31 06 04:35 pm Link

Photographer

stan wigmore photograph

Long Beach, California, US

Ched's Severed Head wrote:
Someone should just create an invite-only web site for this sort of thing. Create a trusted circle so you know someone isn't just getting badmouthed unreasonably and also make it private so there is no libel involved.

I agree it must be based on trust not system for getting even.However I do think it would better to keep it a private network not a website ,the legal problems scare alot of people.Lets say you wanted to work with a certain model with aprofile on MM or anywebsite.You would just send an email to the entire network database asking if anyone has worked with her/him.
Depending on the response you can make a decision.If the number of positive out number the negative say 50 for against a lone 1 negative ,you know that's a fluke

Oct 31 06 04:49 pm Link