Forums > General Industry > make a photographer feel like a million bucks...

Photographer

groupw

Maricopa, Arizona, US

I shot with a young model a few weeks back. We really had a great time and a good shoot. She was patient when I had a couple unexpected delays in getting her photos to her. Today, I get a thank you card from her saying how much she enjoyed working with me. It just made my day and I wanted to share...

Oct 30 06 11:38 pm Link

Photographer

Studio Spike

New York, New York, US

that is fantastic...the thank you card is really a lost art,  but never fails to make the recipient feel great and takes so little effort!

Oct 30 06 11:43 pm Link

Photographer

groupw

Maricopa, Arizona, US

funny how saying something nice drops off the front page so quickly...Anyone else have experiences with a model or photographer who did a little extra that made you feel special?

Oct 31 06 10:18 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

Well, when I gave a print to a model and she asked me to sign the image.  It still certainly ranks among my best nudes, and it ended up framed on her wall.

That made me feel pretty cheerful for the next few weeks . . .  .

(But, I'm pretty easy to please - just seeing my images as Models' avatars here on MM still makes me smile)

VintageV

Oct 31 06 11:24 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Ector

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Wow. I always send my models thank you cards, but I have never recieved one. That must feel great.

Oct 31 06 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Jason P Hunt

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I had a TV commercial I shot a while back with two models, both of whom had to be nude. Neither one of them had ever done it before, and I did my best to make them both comfortable, handled it as a professional, yadda yadda yadda... the guy acted like it was no big deal. The girl... you could tell she was nervous about it at first, but she settled in like a pro. About a week after the shoot, I get a thank you note from her saying she'd love to work with me again. That's the first thank you note I've ever received from talent, that I can remember. It was very gratifying to know she'd had a good time. Her agent told me that she enjoyed the shoot as well.

It's good to have good communication with the agents, too.

Nov 01 06 08:16 am Link

Model

Tressa Gold

Portland, Oregon, US

I haven't ever sent a thank you note to a photographer, but reading all of this, I think I'll start doing it - after all, who doesn't love to smile and make others happy??

Nov 01 06 08:20 am Link

Digital Artist

Edward Charles Grant

Pooler, Georgia, US

I just had a model call me crying frantically telling me how much she loved her photos and never thought that should could pull something like posing for an upcoming calendar off. She has never been in front of a camera before in her life. Her photos are in my portfolio.

Nov 01 06 08:22 am Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

What a delightful response.
And a great idea smile

Nov 01 06 08:55 am Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

That's such a good idea! I want to start doing that! I love crafts. Whoever did that for you...don't ever let her go tongue

Nov 01 06 09:08 am Link

Model

Samantha Grace

Los Angeles, California, US

I always do thank-you cards.

Nov 01 06 09:23 am Link

Model

Kimberlyannqt

Branson, Missouri, US

That is a great idea, I think I will do that, but on TFC it seems like it would be nice to get a thank you, you were great back as well.....

Nov 01 06 09:26 am Link

Photographer

F-Stop Foto Shoppe

Arlington Heights, Pennsylvania, US

groupw wrote:
I shot with a young model a few weeks back. We really had a great time and a good shoot. She was patient when I had a couple unexpected delays in getting her photos to her. Today, I get a thank you card from her saying how much she enjoyed working with me. It just made my day and I wanted to share...

I have to say, working in this feild for some time now you dont get that often.  However there really isnt anything more rewarding then seeing that thank you card, knowing that not only did they take the time to send it to you but they had enough confidence in you to express their enjoyment of the shoot and prints to you personaly.

I have a corkboard behind my counter in all of my studios with thank you cards, letters, and news clippings as a constant reminder that no matter what bridezilla, unhappy mother, or disgruntled clients may have to say I can turn and see that there truly are happy people out there who will enjoy the hardowrk youve put forth for them.

Nov 01 06 09:38 am Link

Photographer

Henri3

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Haven't recieved a card in some time. BUT a model actually cleaned, organized the dressing room, while I was changing the studio setup. And folded everything neatly.

Most models toss clothes, jewelry anywhere and her behavior was a real shock. I'm thinking of adopting her.  Not that I care about neatness, but her caring attitude was so unique. And she's a real hottie to boot.

Nov 01 06 09:52 am Link

Photographer

Summa Ope Photography

Mebane, North Carolina, US

Nothing like that with a model (not surprising since I haven't worked with many), but the most personally gratifying moment was when I stopped in to visit a friend who had been an NCAA gymnast.  A print that I had given her from a meet was professionally mounted and framed, and hanging where everyone who walked into her living room couldn't possibly miss it.  It was great to see one of my shots so proudly displayed.

Nov 01 06 10:03 am Link

Photographer

Ye Olde Photographer

San Juan, San Juan-Laventville, Trinidad and Tobago

It's nice to read something positive on MM for a change. I've not had models send me cards but most say that they got the best pictures of their life.

Nov 01 06 08:00 pm Link