Forums > General Industry > Lazy people

Photographer

neoracer

Kent, Washington, US

I keep seeing people adding themselves as friends to new models but cant be arsed to leave even a comment on the pictures, it smacks of insincerity..

Oct 30 06 10:53 am Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

I would reply, but I am just so tired...

or more likely, they see potential in the model, but none of the photos may be worth a comment yet. The models may be approaching them, I know I get friends requests from people I don't know.

Oct 30 06 10:55 am Link

Photographer

neoracer

Kent, Washington, US

But they still wanna be displayed as "friends" and so advertise themselves..but not willing to give a constructive comment? I see it over & over..

And another thing thats worse is seeing them tag saying " I loved your work!" but yet they did'nt love it enough to leave a comment lol

Oct 30 06 10:57 am Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

I could have sworn that you can't add yourself to someone else's friend list. . .thought you could send a request to be added. . .so is your gripe with the requestor or the grantor of said request?

Some people don't like leaving comments b/c it looks so much like ass kissing.

neoracer_xox wrote:
I keep seeing people adding themselves as friends to new models but cant be arsed to leave even a comment on the pictures, it smacks of insincerity..

Oct 30 06 11:33 am Link

Photographer

neoracer

Kent, Washington, US

To me it seems like people who ask to be friends without leaving a comment are ass kissing, just for self publicity!

Oct 30 06 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

neoracer_xox wrote:
To me it seems like people who ask to be friends without leaving a comment are ass kissing, just for self publicity!

I'll poke your nose for some publicity. W00t! W00t!

Oct 30 06 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

How do you know it's not the models adding them?

Oct 30 06 12:53 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Um. Hi. this is myspace for the modeling industry.

It's not being lazy. It's being myspacey

Oct 30 06 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

Daniela V wrote:
Um. Hi. this is myspace for the modeling industry.

It's not being lazy. It's being myspacey

MySpace is considerably more evil than MM.

Oct 30 06 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

Kilili

Los Gatos, California, US

neoracer_xox wrote:

What's the problem?  Your/their decision to accept or not.  Besides, generalisations are generally wrong. smile

Perhaps you can elaborate on why this bothers you so much, that other models may be bombarded by a lot of "ass kissing" friend requests.  I may well be missing something here.

Ken

Oct 30 06 05:40 pm Link