Forums > General Industry > Spam, stupidity, joke, or ????

Photographer

BTHPhoto

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

Between MM and OMP, I've received 12 messages in the past three months from photographers who seem to think I'm a model.  One suggested I should consider "showing off more of my smoking hot bod!"  Another said "we could both see the dow [sic] come rolling in if you open up and show that sweet spot for me, even more you be willing to give it a workout" (WTF! - people really send models message like that?)  When I send a message back saying "Sorry, dumbass, not a model. Try reading before writing," they get all pissy.

Is this just spam that everyone gets, or do I have a problem?  If my profile gives anyone the impression that I'm a model looking for trolls, someone PLEASE tell me!  If it's a joke, I'm just not getting it.

Oct 29 06 11:17 am Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

People really are just that dumb.

Oct 29 06 11:20 am Link

Photographer

digital Artform

Los Angeles, California, US

yikes.

Oct 29 06 11:21 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

Tim Hammond wrote:
I'm a model looking for trolls,

my kids have a lot of trolls

https://www.caffeeclectic.com/archives/images/Ballerina_Queen.jpg

sounds like fun, i'm sure you are a nice young lady, but even nice young ladies like to venture beyond their usual boundaries sometimes... i'm sure we can work something out that will be great for both of us..

Oct 29 06 11:30 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

by which i mean..

people are so caught up in their fantasies they will read into something whatever they want..

Oct 29 06 11:35 am Link

Model

Kemara

Tavares, Florida, US

Wow! Thats creepy! I've never gotten messages like that, luckily! I'd report it!
But then again, hey... they could be fantasizing about you, being a male, and thinking those things lol. Sorry that was kinda sick too lol

Oct 29 06 11:40 am Link

Photographer

BTHPhoto

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

Kemara wrote:
Wow! Thats creepy! I've never gotten messages like that, luckily! I'd report it!
But then again, hey... they could be fantasizing about you, being a male, and thinking those things lol. Sorry that was kinda sick too lol

Perhaps so, but that wouldn't change my response. smile

Oct 29 06 11:56 am Link

Photographer

giovanni gruttola

Middle Island, New York, US

Tim Hammond wrote:
When I send a message back saying "Sorry, dumbass, not a model. Try reading before writing," they get all pissy.

No one ever reads Tim. BTW, you are one of the best MUA's around! smile

Oct 29 06 11:59 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

they are horrible, yes
we get that kind of thing sometimes...

Oct 29 06 12:11 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Rehm Studios

Antioch, California, US

Are we still on for the shoot !!!

Oct 29 06 12:13 pm Link

Model

DOne

Seattle, Washington, US

Yes models do receive this kind of crap from time to time. Its sad really....my response is always something like the following:  if your looking for a whore I am sure you find her at night on a street corner somewhere...However I am not one...That is correct I am NOT a high priced prostitute. OHHH and before I go just to let you know you will be reported. Have a nice day.

Meela

Oct 29 06 12:39 pm Link