Forums > General Industry > Lingerie, formal or street cloths?

Model

IKay

Bellingham, Massachusetts, US

I'm having someone do some amatuer photography on me today, any hints? I need my own clothes and makeup... I'm thinking lingerie, formal or street clothes.

Oct 29 06 11:08 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

What's a street cloth? Is that like a washcloth, but for wiping up the pavement?

Oct 29 06 11:10 am Link

Model

IKay

clothes... jeans, t-shirt, or a skirt... hey we all make spelling errors

Oct 29 06 11:12 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Stephen Melvin wrote:
What's a street cloth? Is that like a washcloth, but for wiping up the pavement?

smart ass. big_smile

Oct 29 06 11:14 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

it'a amatuer too

indoor, outdoor...?

amatuer means 'someone who does something because they love it..'

so have fun..

if there's a barn nearby, daisy duke style..

Oct 29 06 11:15 am Link

Model

IKay

I will have fun! :-) Thanx!

Oct 29 06 11:17 am Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

You and the photographer should probably talk before you shoot about the kinds of images you both want to take.  That will determine the kinds of clothing you bring.

Oct 29 06 11:18 am Link

Photographer

Big Jim Slade

Arlington, Virginia, US

IKay wrote:
I'm having someone do some amature photography on me today, any hints? I need my own clothes and makeup... I'm thinking lingerie, formal or street clothes.

Lingere apparently gets you looked at.  If I was shooting, I would ask you to wear dressy street clothes.  That is my taste.

Oct 29 06 11:20 am Link

Model

K Ann

Renton, Washington, US

All 3, you don't have to use them all, but have a little bit of each just in case.

Oct 29 06 11:39 am Link

Photographer

The German Woman

Berlin, Georgia, US

Just bring some basics: Your favorite pair of jeans. some casual shirts, some dress up shirts, a couple dresses, different pairs of shoes, a bathing suit. I don't think I'd bring lingerie to the first shoot when you haven't even talked to the photographer about what you guys want to shoot. Bring clothes that you feel comfortbale in. Stuff that is fits your body well.

Oct 29 06 11:53 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

And the answer is:

Shyly wrote:
You and the photographer should probably talk before you shoot about the kinds of images you both want to take.  That will determine the kinds of clothing you bring.

None of us know what the photographer wants to shoot, or is competent to shoot.

Oct 29 06 11:56 am Link

Model

IKay

Annique Delphine wrote:
Just bring some basics: Your favorite pair of jeans. some casual shirts, some dress up shirts, a couple dresses, different pairs of shoes, a bathing suit. I don't think I'd bring lingerie to the first shoot when you haven't even talked to the photographer about what you guys want to shoot. Bring clothes that you feel comfortbale in. Stuff that is fits your body well.

Thank you! That helps, well wish me luck, with any ill have new pics up tomorrow or next week sometime.

Oct 29 06 01:18 pm Link

Photographer

Big Jim Slade

Arlington, Virginia, US

IKay wrote:
Thank you! That helps, well wish me luck, with any ill have new pics up tomorrow or next week sometime.

I've heard the average time for delivery of pictures from a potographer is 90 days.

The point is you might want to consider calling up the photographer as asking what he wants you to wear and when you will see your pictures.  I sounds like the two of you did not communicate much before agreeing on the shoot.  Did he in fact agree to give you copies of the pictures?

Oct 29 06 03:48 pm Link

Model

IKay

Big Jim Slade wrote:

I've heard the average time for delivery of pictures from a potographer is 90 days.

The point is you might want to consider calling up the photographer as asking what he wants you to wear and when you will see your pictures.  I sounds like the two of you did not communicate much before agreeing on the shoot.  Did he in fact agree to give you copies of the pictures?

Its is a friend of mine that I agreed to do the shoot for, and yes, trade for copies was the agreement. :-)

Oct 29 06 05:20 pm Link