Forums > General Industry > Model Mayhem pages- do not sign in ever - hate it!

Photographer

Tim Baker Photo

Lynbrook, New York, US

What's going on with these pages that I see ( from models on here ) that do not sign into their pages?  Shouldn't their pages be deleted or something?  I visit some pages of models on here to see if they would want to do a shoot, then I see the last time they signed in was last year or something- it's like--why are you on this site at all?  I mean, it's fine to sign into your Model Mayhem page every few days or even once a week -- you don't have to sign into it every 2 hours or less ( but I bet some of you do---- ), however if you're not gonna use this site like it is suppose to be used, then I wish that they would be deleted out of the search and/or site or at least put on their page that they lost interest or something-----

Well, that's my case on this ---

What do you all think---------------?

Tim Baker
Photographer
Long Island, NY

Oct 29 06 09:18 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

good point!

Oct 29 06 09:20 am Link

Photographer

eyetoeye-Images

Memphis, Alabama, US

Timothy Baker wrote:
What's going on with these pages that I see ( from models on here ) that do not sign into their pages?  Shouldn't their pages be deleted or something?  I visit some pages of models on here to see if they would want to do a shoot, then I see the last time they signed in was last year or something- it's like--why are you on this site at all?  I mean, it's fine to sign into your Model Mayhem page every few days or even once a week -- you don't have to sign into it every 2 hours or less ( but I bet some of you do---- ), however if you're not gonna use this site like it is suppose to be used, then I wish that they would be deleted out of the search and/or site or at least put on their page that they lost interest or something-----

Tim Baker
Photographer
Long Island, NY

Tim......

I think Tyler ought to look at those last activity dates and last updates........any model/photog page that hasn't been logged into for let say 6 months should be deleted after a warning letter is sent out......It would free up bandwidth and possibly speed things up here as well...

Oct 29 06 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Chris Macan

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

It's not a new thing,
I stopped using OMP partly because of the high number of inactive profiles.
Hopefully MM does not follow that tremd.

Photographer

Mclain D Swift

Black Diamond, Alberta, Canada

Yes...very annoying.  OMP is very bad for that.  Delete the accounts.

Model

Benny

Brooklyn, New York, US

eyetoeye-Images wrote:

Tim......

I think Tyler ought to look at those last activity dates and last updates........any model/photog page that hasn't been logged into for let say 6 months should be deleted after a warning letter is sent out......It would free up bandwidth and possibly speed things up here as well...

this is done every once in a while

Oct 29 06 09:24 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

people that aren't here don't take up bandwidth

Oct 29 06 10:27 am Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

If you see someone who has been inactive for months and months use the Contact-A-Mod form to give the moderators a heads up.  They've been known to deactivate abandoned profiles.

Oct 29 06 10:28 am Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

lotusphoto wrote:
people that aren't here don't take up bandwidth

but their profiles and images take up server space and server time in search results.

Oct 29 06 10:30 am Link

Photographer

Vito

Brooklyn, New York, US

Why do they have to come back here. If they get a message or a tag or comment, their personal email gets a notification.

Oct 29 06 10:34 am Link

Photographer

dfstudios

Mill Valley, California, US

Shyly wrote:
If you see someone who has been inactive for months and months use the Contact-A-Mod form to give the moderators a heads up.  They've been known to deactivate abandoned profiles.

Thanks for the advice, will do.

Oct 29 06 10:34 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Vito wrote:
Why do they have to come back here. If they get a message or a tag or comment, their personal email gets a notification.

but they have to login to check those messages so if they haven't logged in then they aren't reading their messages

Oct 29 06 10:40 am Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Pattaya, Central, Thailand

I think maybe you should get a job as a cop or something?

Seriously -- how people use their stuff is their own business.

Several times I have contacted models on another service (OMP) who have apparently been inactive for more than six months -- and successfully scheduled and completed shoots with them. We all use resources differently -- assuming just because a profile appears to be inactive doesn't mean the person isn't paying attention.

Paul

Timothy Baker wrote:

Tim Baker
Photographer
Long Island, NY

Oct 29 06 10:40 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Maybe that model has found sugar daddy and is off to Tahiti for a year and you jealous bimbos are whining !

Oct 29 06 10:44 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
Maybe that model has found sugar daddy and is off to Tahiti for a year and you jealous bimbos are whining !

your mom is a jealous bimbo

Oct 29 06 10:45 am Link

Photographer

Big Jim Slade

Arlington, Virginia, US

eyetoeye-Images wrote:
I think Tyler ought to look at those last activity dates and last updates........any model/photog page that hasn't been logged into for let say 6 months should be deleted

I think the solution is less to require that members log in and more that members should be able to manage without logging in.

An incremental improvement in the system woudl be to have the email say "click here to read the message".  The next step would be to, well, just give the message to the person. and click here to reply.

I'm a member of an unrelated service that I get active in for two months every year or two.  It's nice to still have my account there when I have time to play with it.

Oct 29 06 10:57 am Link