Forums > General Industry > Laurel Canyon....

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

Montpellier, Languedoc-Roussillon, France

And it's another day up in the Canyon....Looking out at this beautiful Canyon day, I'm wondering who else is up around these hills. Just the other day, I cyber-met on here this fabulous photographer: Annique https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=244789 who lives around the corner! Who else?? Party at my house? :-)

Oct 28 06 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Renee Jacobs wrote:
And it's another day up in the Canyon....Looking out at this beautiful Canyon day, I'm wondering who else is up around these hills. Just the other day, I cyber-met on here this fabulous photographer: Annique https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=244789 who lives around the corner! Who else?? Party at my house? :-)

I'm not going to hijack this thread, but your post reminds me, that I wonder what people's views are like, where they live, where they work.   The world outside their windows.

The hills and canyons in LA are about the only parts I can stand there.

Oct 28 06 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

j-shooter

San Francisco, California, US

I see the bay..........shimmering blue........when i stand by my window.........or lay on my bed.......oh, and traffic going by.

Oct 28 06 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

Palo Alto, California, US

I miss the Canyon's, use to live in Beverly glen canyon and Cold water canyon but partied alot in Laurel............Miss it.

Oct 28 06 03:34 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

I used to live up there... Lived at 7767 E. Hollywood, and also lived on Lookout Mtn. Ave.

This of course was back in the 70's.. Even Robert Heinlein lived up there back then. Did a lot of partying up on Mulholland Drive. I used to even hitch-hike from Hollywood Blvd. to Ventura Blvd. way back then.

Wow.. I havent even thought about that area in years.....

Oct 28 06 05:03 pm Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

KM von Seidl wrote:
I'm not going to hijack this thread, but your post reminds me, that I wonder what people's views are like, where they live, where they work.   The world outside their windows.

The hills and canyons in LA are about the only parts I can stand there.

Actually, I like Kim's version!! Where are you? What do you see when you're looking out the window by your computer (once the chipper smoke clears....). Yup, up off Lookout Mountain......if you've seen the movie, you've seen the hood.....And Kim, I completely agree...if I hadn't found the Canyon I probably would've bounced out of LA in 6 months.

Oct 28 06 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

The German Woman

Berlin, Georgia, US

WEWWWWWWWW thank god none of us live in the grid. hehehh

What's my view?
It's a hill..every once in a while I'll see a deer jumping all over the place...but mostly it's racoons stealing our avocados, or skunks, and hundreds of squirreles.

Oct 29 06 10:56 am Link

Photographer

digital Artform

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm over by Runyon Canyon

Oct 29 06 11:24 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Renee Jacobs wrote:

I'm not far from you either. I'm always riding my motorcycle in the canyons too. The nice, long ride is to take Mulholland starting at Ventura and go all the way to The Getty then take Sunset to the PCH then go all over the Sant Monica Mountains in Malibu.

Party at your house? Sounds good to me.

Oct 29 06 11:30 am Link

Photographer

none of the above

Marina del Rey, California, US

the once pristine canyon drives of laurel and coldwater have fallen into the blight of la.  with more and more people trying to bypass the 405 / 101 the curves have become gridlocked on certain parts of the day.  it does make for nice home viewing while being stuck in bumper to bumper though!

remember that house that fell into the canyon after the rains a few years ago?  it was for sale and i looked at it a few weeks before that happened.  best home purchase i never made!!!

--face reality

Oct 29 06 11:30 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

i love laurel canyon !

wow
i used to live up there
opposite jack nicholsons house

Oct 29 06 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Renee Jacobs wrote:

Sure thing, and maybe I can finally show you how to use that printer!

Oct 29 06 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

Timothy

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Renee,
I think I'll be visiting LA for an art opening in April. I sure enjoy that area and really loved the scenic view from Mulholland Drive! I'll likely be in touch once I book my flight.

-Timothy

Oct 29 06 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

digital Artform

I wanna hang with you rich kids.

Oct 29 06 01:26 pm Link

Model

Seth Mitchell

Long Beach, California, US

I lived on Coldwater and Magnolia for years.  I live down in Long Beach now in an area called Bluff Park that I really like - big streets with gas lamps and a very cool bluff that runs along the ocean (hence the name).  However I still get back to the SF valley on occasion as my favorite mid-eastern restaurant, Carnival, is there.

Oct 29 06 01:33 pm Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

digital Artform wrote:
I wanna hang with you rich kids.

Yup, hun, you're slumming it over by Runyon. :-) lolol. Let's hike there! Ok, let's keep this going for awhile, see who else is in the hood and we'll plan it! I'm off of Lookout Mountain, btw Sunset and Mulholland....

Oct 29 06 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

digital Artform

Did you know about this up Runyon?

https://www.digitalartform.com/archives/images/outpostSign1924.jpg
The world's largest neon sign in 1924
https://www.digitalartform.com/archives/images/outpostSign1.jpg
The same sign today
https://www.digitalartform.com/archives/images/outpostSign2.jpg
after all these years
http://www.digitalartform.com/archives/ … _sign.html

Oct 30 06 01:23 am Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

digital Artform wrote:
Did you know about this up Runyon?

https://www.digitalartform.com/archives/images/outpostSign1924.jpg
The world's largest neon sign in 1924
https://www.digitalartform.com/archives/images/outpostSign1.jpg
The same sign today
https://www.digitalartform.com/archives/images/outpostSign2.jpg
after all these years
http://www.digitalartform.com/archives/ … _sign.html

Wow, did not know about that...I usually head to Fryman instead of Runyon, but you'll have to show me where that is!

Oct 30 06 10:06 am Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

I can't wait to sit on that hardwood floor while you make the garage door open again...

Oct 30 06 10:14 am Link

Photographer

Saryn Angel

Heh - I'm over in the city - my view isn't anywhere near as pretty. - Korea Town...

~S

Oct 30 06 10:21 am Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

Iona Lynn wrote:
I can't wait to sit on that hardwood floor while you make the garage door open again...

LOLOLOLOL. Honey, next time I'm just gonna hand you the remote so you can do it to your heart's (or other body part's) content!

Oct 30 06 10:23 am Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

Saryn Angel wrote:
Heh - I'm over in the city - my view isn't anywhere near as pretty. - Korea Town...

~S

Saryn-Come up and play! :-)

Oct 30 06 10:32 am Link

Photographer

FMfoto

Live and work in the VALLEY, but drive through Laurel Canyon all the time to get onto Sunset (or go to SAMY'S camera!)   does that count??!?

Oct 30 06 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

The German Woman

Berlin, Georgia, US

sun's going down and the traffic picked up...it's the end of another day on Laurel Canyon.

By the way people...this week we're taking the annual photo at the canyon Store. Y'all better show up for that one.

Oct 30 06 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

Bruce Talbot

Just a drive by kinda guy when I'm out there. 

Lombard St in San Fran is fun yet Laurel with no traffic (3am?) is a hoot!

bt

Oct 30 06 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

Annique Delphine wrote:
sun's going down and the traffic picked up...it's the end of another day on Laurel Canyon.

By the way people...this week we're taking the annual photo at the canyon Store. Y'all better show up for that one.

I think this may be the first year I'm going to make it! (leans out window and waves at Annique) :-). Hey BT, next time you're doing your drive by stop by and say hi!

Oct 30 06 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

The German Woman

Berlin, Georgia, US

Renee Jacobs wrote:
(leans out window and waves at Annique) :-). Hey BT, next time you're doing your drive by stop by and say hi!

Holla!!!!! i don't drive...I walk..I'm the tall chick walking up laurel and dodging cras.

Oct 30 06 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

Bruce Talbot

Renee Jacobs wrote:
I think this may be the first year I'm going to make it! (leans out window and waves at Annique) :-). Hey BT, next time you're doing your drive by stop by and say hi!

k deal - I'll bring my nudie book.

;-)

bt

Oct 30 06 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

I think it was either Houdini or the guy that played Dracula, use to have a house up in laurel canyon, we use to go up there on Halloween....supposedly a bunch underground tunnels under his house....yeah think it was Houdini, but the guy who played Dracula bought it..........Was kind of scary, just a caretaker there with an old iron gate.

Oct 30 06 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

MFH wrote:
I think it was either Houdini or the guy that played Dracula, use to have a house up in laurel canyon, we use to go up there on Halloween....supposedly a bunch underground tunnels under his house....yeah think it was Houdini, but the guy who played Dracula bought it..........Was kind of scary, just a caretaker there with an old iron gate.

I've heard it's supposed to be the one on the corner of Laurel Canyon and Lookout, but then I heard it isn't really true.

Oct 30 06 07:21 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

Bruce Talbot wrote:
Just a drive by kinda guy when I'm out there. 

Lombard St in San Fran is fun yet Laurel with no traffic (3am?) is a hoot!

bt

What? You do drive by's?

Oct 30 06 07:21 pm Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs wrote:

I've heard it's supposed to be the one on the corner of Laurel Canyon and Lookout, but then I heard it isn't really true.

Hmmmmm,  What ever place we went too seemed to be abandoned.

Oct 30 06 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

The German Woman

Berlin, Georgia, US

MFH wrote:

oh dude...don't get me started. Frank zappa's old house finally just goty sold..always creeps me out for some reason when i walk past it. Also..that big house on laurel just above Lookout. with the treehouse..is that the houdini house??? And the apartment where the wonderland murders happened...oh man...

Oct 30 06 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

The German Woman

Berlin, Georgia, US

Renee Jacobs wrote:

the one right on the corner that was on the market for a long time used to be frank zappa's...the one above it with the trailer in the garden and the weird treehouse in the front..my boyfriend says it was Rudolph valentino's but i think it may have been Houdini's

Oct 30 06 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

Annique Delphine wrote:

oh dude...don't get me started. Frank zappa's old house finally just goty sold..always creeps me out for some reason when i walk past it. Also..that big house on laurel just above Lookout. with the treehouse..is that the houdini house??? And the apartment where the wonderland murders happened...oh man...

And Annique-you know you're right down the street from the Graham Nash/Joni Mitchell, "Our House..."??? The green house on the left tucked up to the side as you're headed from where you are down to Laurel Canyon.

Oct 30 06 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

Annique Delphine wrote:

Crazy,  I visited a friend of mine a couple of day's after the Manson murders, she lived just around the corner.

Oct 30 06 07:28 pm Link

Photographer

The German Woman

Berlin, Georgia, US

Renee Jacobs wrote:
And Annique-you know you're right down the street from the Graham Nash/Joni Mitchell, "Our House..."??? The green house on the left tucked up to the side as you're headed from where you are down to Laurel Canyon.

Is that the one with all the junk in the garden and in the pool? seems like the cops stop by there every so often

Oct 30 06 07:28 pm Link

Photographer

Wasn't in Laurel Canyon though.

Oct 30 06 07:29 pm Link

Photographer

The German Woman

Berlin, Georgia, US

MFH wrote:
Crazy,  I visited a friend of mine a couple of day's after the Manson murders, she lived just around the corner.

oh wow the manson murders. allthough not on laurel canyon..that house is plain creepy too. You know they could never resell it. they finally tore down the house and built a nnew one but still have problems selling it. people are just too freaked out by that story.

Meanwhile the Wonderland house has people living in it. I've read that they won't discuss the murders though.
My friend went to a party there once and said that there was this one corner underneath the stairs were it was always freezing cold.

Oct 30 06 07:31 pm Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

Annique Delphine wrote:

Is that the one with all the junk in the garden and in the pool? seems like the cops stop by there every so often

No...dont think so...I'll show you sometime ;-)

Oct 30 06 07:32 pm Link