Forums > General Industry > Candid Regrets?

Photographer

Ought To Be Shot

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Anyone take a candid and have someone get totally ticked off?

Oct 28 06 07:30 am Link

Photographer

Merlinpix

Farmingdale, New York, US

Yes. How the hell was I to know Rocco is in the witness protection program?

Oct 28 06 09:38 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Merlinpix wrote:
Yes. How the hell was I to know Rocco is in the witness protection program?

As funny as it sounds.....I actually did a family reunion outside of Atlantic City for a well known "family".......they went out of their way to assure me they weren't "that" family.....but judging by the glossy $5,000 suits and lumps under their jackets.....let's just say I was very careful where I pointed my camera.

And I was not allowed to keep the film either. They paid me extremely well but ALL  the film exposed or unexposed was left there, period.

All in all I had a great time. The Grandmother, matriarch of the family, who was treated with a great deal of respect took a liking to me and insisted I sit with her. A request I could not refuse, LOL.

She liked the fact that I enjoyed eating Italian food. She kept saying, "he's not Italian but he loves to 'mange' "....Italian for eating...LOL That was one of the times being a BIG guy worked very well to my advantage.

Oct 28 06 09:49 am Link

Photographer

Kinetic Photography

Ought To Be Shot wrote:
Anyone take a candid and have someone get totally ticked off?

I did some candid video and had a few girls yell "pervert" at me.  Doing candid photography i've had some girls come up and talk to me though and ask about photography.

Oct 28 06 09:03 pm Link

Photographer

S_D

San Diego, California, US

It seems like when I use my big fat white lens they dont care and actually interact.  If its a fixed 50m Then Im tagged as a psycho.

Oct 28 06 10:46 pm Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Yeah...my cat. She wasn't digging the flash.

Oct 28 06 10:55 pm Link

Photographer

Kinetic Photography

sdphotoforum wrote:
It seems like when I use my big fat white lens they dont care and actually interact.  If its a fixed 50m Then Im tagged as a psycho.

interesting.  i have noticed anytime i shoot in public with a big lense people instantly flock to you and think you are a super pro.  however, a small lense means you are weird

Oct 28 06 11:28 pm Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

The only time anybody's ever gotten upset with me for taking a picture was right after I got my camera and I was outside in the yard finding out that you can't take pictures of the moon handheld. The hillbillies across the street started yelling at me not to take pictures of their house. (The moon was over their house.) One of my other neighbors started yelling back at them that I'd lived there five years and they should shut up. Had the police been called, I would have said calmly, "Officer, go over to that house and look at the residents. If you think there's even the remotest chance I was trying to take peeping Tom photographs of them, come back and arrest me. I'll wait."

Friday night at the MM Extravaganza both Lapis and I were approached more than once by people who were interested to find out if we were photographers (since we both had our rigs out all night) and what kind of work we did. I think she got a gig. smile And I just had a 35mm prime on. I didn't even have my big flash, I loaned it to her for the weekend.

M

Oct 29 06 08:21 am Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

FKVPhotoGraphics wrote:

As funny as it sounds.....I actually did a family reunion outside of Atlantic City for a well known "family".......they went out of their way to assure me they weren't "that" family.....but judging by the glossy $5,000 suits and lumps under their jackets.....let's just say I was very careful where I pointed my camera.

And I was not allowed to keep the film either. They paid me extremely well but ALL  the film exposed or unexposed was left there, period.

All in all I had a great time. The Grandmother, matriarch of the family, who was treated with a great deal of respect took a liking to me and insisted I sit with her. A request I could not refuse, LOL.

She liked the fact that I enjoyed eating Italian food. She kept saying, "he's not Italian but he loves to 'mange' "....Italian for eating...LOL That was one of the times being a BIG guy worked very well to my advantage.

Wow... That sounds cool!

Oct 29 06 08:35 am Link