Forums > General Industry > Why so many great artistic-nude models in Ohio?

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

Why are there so many great models from Ohio that will do artistic nudes?  I'm in Illinois and seens very different.  I have a project in mind along the lines of some surrealist painters that will require a few nudes (actually 2.5 nudes out of 7 models).  Just noticed a big difference in the two states.  I don't think anyone even lives in Indiana.

Oct 27 06 11:31 am Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Oct 27 06 11:37 am Link

Photographer

IllusionDigital

San Francisco, California, US

I was born and raised in Michigan.  No one from Ohio even acknowledges that I exist.

Oct 27 06 11:47 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

It's in the water.

Or something.

Oct 27 06 11:47 am Link

Photographer

Henry Sanders

Eric, I think your work is great, but back to your comment.  Just try to get them to respond to you.  That's the trick my friend.

Oct 27 06 11:50 am Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

Model Sarah wrote:
It's in the water.

Or something.

Sarah, Please send water!

Oct 27 06 12:02 pm Link

Model

Nemesis73

Dayton, Alabama, US

Couldn't tell ya but we rock, don't we?

N. (born in Indiana btw)

Oct 27 06 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

RStephenT

Vacaville, California, US

Eric5312 wrote:
Why are there so many great models from Ohio that will do artistic nudes?  I'm in Illinois and seens very different.  I have a project in mind along the lines of some surrealist painters that will require a few nudes (actually 2.5 nudes out of 7 models).  Just noticed a big difference in the two states.  I don't think anyone even lives in Indiana.

Worked in your area for 4 years and had no problem finding some good artistic nude models from the drama and dance dept at the university, plus locally... and that was back in '77-'81.  There used to be several dance studios in the area started by former Illinois dance students, start there and network out. 

The model in my avitar was from that era.

Oct 27 06 02:24 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

RStephenT wrote:

Worked in your area for 4 years and had no problem finding some good artistic nude models from the drama and dance dept at the university, plus locally... and that was back in '77-'81.  There used to be several dance studios in the area started by former Illinois dance students, start there and network out. 

The model in my avitar was from that era.

Thanks.  Great ideas.  Any suggestions on how to go about asking them. I can just hear me saying,  "Does anyone want to pose for artistic nudes?"  How did you do it?

Oct 27 06 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

Lo Fi Art

Alice Town, Biminis, Bahamas

Eric5312 wrote:

Thanks.  Great ideas.  Any suggestions on how to go about asking them. I can just hear me saying,  "Does anyone want to pose for artistic nudes?"  How did you do it?

Business card reads - Stop that grinnin' and drop that linen!

Oct 27 06 04:12 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Mention you pay and you will have people crawling out the wood work.  But if you are like William and I and can't we share/understand the problem.  We live in Ohio and it seems that all most of them want is money.

Oct 28 06 07:14 am Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

Captured Live, I may have to try that.  Lets see.  Cards, $20.  Hopital bill when my wife finds them, $200.  Expression on my face just before the frying pan hits me, Priceless.

Oct 28 06 07:29 am Link

Photographer

KaoS GRaFFiX

Sunbury, Pennsylvania, US

What else is there to do in Ohio? Sit on your ass and do nothing, or pose for nude pictures. I think that's the only two options.

Oct 28 06 07:31 am Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

Linda,  money makes the world go round, right?  But you are right and I shall offer.  Thanks.

Oct 28 06 07:54 am Link

Photographer

Sleepy Weasel

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

IllusionDigital wrote:
I was born and raised in Michigan.  No one from Ohio even acknowledges that I exist.

LMAO! I got it. Even if no one else did.  ;-)

Oct 28 06 08:09 am Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

Ok, draw me a picture.

Oct 28 06 08:26 am Link

Model

fit_60

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

What else is there to do in Ohio?

Oct 28 06 08:29 am Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Because Ohio is a statiscally cross-section of America.

Oct 28 06 11:24 am Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

Illinois must be the under-section of America.

Oct 28 06 01:11 pm Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

Eric5312 wrote:

Great model who does artistic nudes from Illin:Dis right here, Eric!
At your service,
Kathy

Oct 28 06 01:16 pm Link

Model

Nemesis73

Dayton, Alabama, US

Linda Kious wrote:
Mention you pay and you will have people crawling out the wood work.  But if you are like William and I and can't we share/understand the problem.  We live in Ohio and it seems that all most of them want is money.

Most of the work I do is TFP/TFCD ... I'm gonna shoot myself in the foot by saying if the photographer offers up front to pay me, I'm not going to turn it down but if it's a concept I wanna do and work I like then usually I'll do it for fun if it's local. Gas is too expensive to travel all over and not ask for mileage tho'. smile

N.

Oct 28 06 01:30 pm Link

Model

Jael M

Houston, Texas, US

KaoS GRaFFiX wrote:
What else is there to do in Ohio? Sit on your ass and do nothing, or pose for nude pictures. I think that's the only two options.

fit_50 wrote:
What else is there to do in Ohio?

You guys obviously haven't visited where I'm from; I have lived all over the world and always come back to my little neck-o-the-woods Ohio. Home is where your heart is...better than somewhere like Oklahoma. Don’t knock it till you try it.

-Jael-

Oct 28 06 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

I grew up in the Air Force all over the place.  We were even stuck in Rantoul, Illinois for 18 months. Somehow I ended up back here.  Not sure home is always were the heart is.  Nonetheless this is were I am.  Again, thanks for all the responses.  Just couldn't resist after all the travel notices of models going to Chicago from Ohio.  If only I were a little closer to Chicago.

Oct 28 06 04:07 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Eric5312 wrote:
Any suggestions on how to go about asking them. I can just hear me saying,  "Does anyone want to pose for artistic nudes?"  How did you do it?

Do what I do.  Say, "Wanna get naked?"  Works every time.

I do have to agree with you though - Ohio is the place to be if you want to find beautiful nude models.  I'm gonna have to go visit again real soon.

-Don

Oct 28 06 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Model Sarah wrote:
It's in the water.

Or something.

Bottle it.... sell it

Sarah Energy Drink !

Oct 28 06 05:08 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Nemesis73 wrote:

Most of the work I do is TFP/TFCD ... I'm gonna shoot myself in the foot by saying if the photographer offers up front to pay me, I'm not going to turn it down but if it's a concept I wanna do and work I like then usually I'll do it for fun if it's local. Gas is too expensive to travel all over and not ask for mileage tho'. smile

N.

There you go $.  There are a lot of good photographers that are not in Toledo but no one will work with them because they don't offer money, just TFCD.  Gas money is still getting paid.  Especially when you may only need 10 or 20 for gas and ask twice that.

Oct 29 06 06:22 am Link

Photographer

Art Schotz

Lima, Ohio, US

KaoS GRaFFiX wrote:

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!  You can always watch Buckeye football on TV amd drink copious quantities of beer!

And Ohio models trock.  There are at least 2 model in Indiana.  And 4 models in Michigan.

Oct 29 06 06:27 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

There are lots of thiings to do in OH but like any where else there is more in some areas then others.  Northwestern ohio (BFE) can get pretty boring.  We usually have to drive a 1/2 hour or more to get to the fun.

Oct 29 06 06:28 am Link

Model

Rapture

Toledo, Ohio, US

It isn't just the water, hell we grow our own crops here too.  A bit o hard work in the gene pool makes great people!

Nov 02 06 09:57 am Link

Model

Rapture

Toledo, Ohio, US

That, and we import. smile

Nov 02 06 09:58 am Link