Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > I loooooove him!!!!!! *flail*

Model

Solacium

Charleston, South Carolina, US

Axel so far has worked out like a dream. He is basically totally uninterested in the cats, doesn't bark and is such a sweet fun dog!!!!!

https://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa410/Sol6588/B01248AC-4713-46C9-9276-9FCE6235A634-20441-00002F548734F631_zpsedcb9eef.jpg

He also broke my bank at petsmart lol

Sep 19 12 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

A M Johnson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

What breed? I'm doggie literate!

Sep 19 12 05:28 pm Link

Model

Kitty LaRose

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Sep 19 12 05:38 pm Link

Model

Solacium

A M Johnson wrote:
What breed? I'm doggie literate!

Pure Pitbull smile

Sep 19 12 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Amherst, Massachusetts, US

LOVE that tongue!

Sep 19 12 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

IDK, I think I smell cat on his tongue.

Sep 19 12 06:48 pm Link

Model

Solacium

SPierce Photography wrote:
LOVE that tongue!

It's SOOO BIG.

Sep 19 12 06:55 pm Link

Model

Solacium

He has SO much energy. Played fetch in the yard, Bf ran with him and he's still so energetic. I'm so glad I bought him toys!!!!

I could wrestle/play with him all night but I'm trying to teach him the night time is quiet down relax time. I set him up with a bone/chew thing to keep him happy and occupied right between the S/O and I and it's working like an absolute dream.

Sep 19 12 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

Bubble77

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

zOMG!!!!

He makes the same face I do when I'm sitting in an Audi!!!

lol

Sep 19 12 07:00 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

Awww, so happy you found a doggie&its working out!

Sep 19 12 07:05 pm Link

Model

Sha-Lynne

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

D'awwww bullies are great  smile

Sep 19 12 07:08 pm Link

Model

Solacium

Guess who is back at petsmart? He needs something way sturdier to chew....heh. I've spent over 200 dollars today hahahah.

Sep 19 12 07:33 pm Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Awww! big_smile

Sep 19 12 07:39 pm Link

Model

Jackie A

Birmingham, Alabama, US

YAY pibble!!! big_smile

I'm so happy for you. And happier for Axel. Another wonderful dog gets a home, in spite of being a "vicious pit bull". Ha! LD

Sep 19 12 07:46 pm Link

Model

Sha-Lynne

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Jackie A wrote:
YAY pibble!!! big_smile

I'm so happy for you. And happier for Axel. Another wonderful dog gets a home, in spite of being a "vicious pit bull". Ha! LD

I don't know how anyone that's ever seen a pitbull (that's not trained for fighting or abused) could possibly believe that crap.  They are the goofiest, most loving and lovable pups!

Sep 19 12 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

David Westlake

Mansfield Center, Connecticut, US

Too bad Pit Bulls have such a bad reputation. I had a lab pit mix that had the best temperment. She was my 90 lb. lap dog.

Sep 19 12 08:34 pm Link

Model

Jackie A

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Sha-Lynne wrote:

I don't know how anyone that's ever seen a pitbull (that's not trained for fighting or abused) could possibly believe that crap.  They are the goofiest, most loving and lovable pups!

INORITE?

That's why I work with the rescue. I fell in love with the breed and they need advocates more than any other breed.

I'm now the Secretary and on the board of directors. More work for me! LOL

Sep 19 12 09:10 pm Link

Model

Sha-Lynne

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Jackie A wrote:

INORITE?

That's why I work with the rescue. I fell in love with the breed and they need advocates more than any other breed.

Good for you  smile  Don't work too hard!

Sep 19 12 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

ArtisticPhotography

Buffalo, New York, US

Jackie A wrote:

INORITE?

Meanwhile, back in reality; you've just voided your homeowner's insurance (or renter's insurance) and if you rent; you probably are in violation of your lease.

Sep 20 12 03:58 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

ArtisticPhotography wrote:
Meanwhile, back in reality; you've just voided your homeowner's insurance (or renter's insurance) and if you rent; you probably are in violation of your lease.

I love how we can count on you to rain on someone's parade. smile

Edit: OP, I have a Boxer with a wide smile and he also goes through doggie chews like they're teething rings for toddlers. We have graduated to the largest Kongs (black, not red if you can find them. Or order on the interwebs) now and toys made of firehose seem to last pretty good. They're a bit more pricy, but rather those than my shoes or kittehs.

Sep 20 12 05:27 am Link

Model

Fergy

Fenton, Michigan, US

This isn't always true for every lease/homeowners insurance.  Some just have you pay a little more for a bigger dog.  I've talked to numerous places about this, especially given I have 3 boxers & one is a mix.  One place said if you've never had issues with them then they don't need to write it in.

Sep 20 12 05:50 am Link

Model

Fergy

Fenton, Michigan, US

Solacium wrote:
Guess who is back at petsmart? He needs something way sturdier to chew....heh. I've spent over 200 dollars today hahahah.

Get the black Kongs!  They are for big chewers!  You can load them up with yummies and let them chew away!!

Sep 20 12 05:51 am Link

Photographer

Jeffs Photography

Dakota, Minnesota, US

Solacium wrote:

Pure Pitbull smile

Pitbulls are not "pure"...that's why they are called Pitbull "type".

Sep 20 12 05:53 am Link

Photographer

ArtisticPhotography

Buffalo, New York, US

Eurocat wrote:

Edit: OP, I have a Boxer with a wide smile and he also goes through doggie chews like they're teething rings for toddlers. We have graduated to the largest Kongs (black, not red if you can find them. Or order on the interwebs) now and toys made of firehose seem to last pretty good. They're a bit more pricy, but rather those than my shoes or kittehs.

Hey, we all are good at something.

But she needs to check her insurance.  All of the new policies I've seen all now carry exclusion for certain dogs, among them are pit bulls and shepards (yeah, I know, shepards can be really nice dogs).

This is why many landlords are writing "no dogs" leases because they don't want to worry about what breed a dog is.  They've also taken all powercraft out of homeowners, which is bad if you have a 4-wheeler or boat or something - now you need a separate policy or an umbrella.

Sep 20 12 06:01 am Link

Photographer

ArtisticPhotography

Buffalo, New York, US

Fergy wrote:

This isn't always true for every lease/homeowners insurance.  Some just have you pay a little more for a bigger dog.  I've talked to numerous places about this, especially given I have 3 boxers & one is a mix.  One place said if you've never had issues with them then they don't need to write it in.

My new policies have exclusions for specific dogs and my old policy just renewed with an amendment to exclude the dogs.  For the new policies, it voids the policy for the old policy, it's an exclusion.

Insurance markets are getting pretty brutal.

My corporate insurance won't let my publish a newsletter because they are worried about the liability from that.  Go figure.

Sep 20 12 06:04 am Link

Model

Little Queenie

Indio, California, US

Hey, we all are good at something.

But she needs to check her insurance.  All of the new policies I've seen all now carry exclusion for certain dogs, among them are pit bulls and shepards (yeah, I know, shepards can be really nice dogs).

This is why many landlords are writing "no dogs" leases because they don't want to worry about what breed a dog is.  They've also taken all powercraft out of homeowners, which is bad if you have a 4-wheeler or boat or something - now you need a separate policy or an umbrella.

Our insurance was the same. They just asked us to insure our dog. The reason landlords don't want tennants with large dogs is because of the potential trauma a large dog can cause and of that happens a victim will usually go after the homeowners insurance. If you have a dog policy, the policy will cover whatever may happen and appeases the homeowners insurance.

Sep 20 12 06:49 am Link

Model

Solacium

Jackie A wrote:
YAY pibble!!! big_smile

I have always found the breed to be amazingly sweet and loving. I'm going to get involved in pitbull awareness events here with him!! We have a pitbulooza in October big_smile

I think he's an amazing dog for pitbull education. Poor guy has been looking for a home since March and he's been nothing but a dream dog for us!!!!

Sep 20 12 07:04 am Link

Model

Solacium

Jeffs Photography wrote:

Pitbulls are not "pure"...that's why they are called Pitbull "type".

ah, I wasn't thinking when I wrote it- thanks for the clarification. He doesn't have any paper or anything either, I was just simplifying, haha.

Sep 20 12 07:06 am Link

Model

Solacium

we checked all our paperwork (my boyfriend owns) and were thrilled to see nothin about PItbulls, but we were worried about that. So unfortunate!!!!

Sep 20 12 07:08 am Link

Model

Solacium

Eurocat wrote:

right now i might have to hold off financially- I bought him SO MUCH yesterday.

Anyone know anything about marrowbones? Someone recommended those... Was going to give them a try too.

Sep 20 12 07:10 am Link

Model

Jackie A

Birmingham, Alabama, US

And back to REAL reality: There are insurance companies that don't ask what the breed is, or don't discriminate. And different laws in different states.

NEXT. *waves off*

Sep 20 12 07:14 am Link

Model

Solacium

Fergy wrote:

I'm so glad my boyfriend owns in this case. No fee, no HOA breed restrictions... Though we might need to check the homeowners insurance. I appreciate those who brought it up. Even if it dampens the parade, it's a good point.

However, we have been thorough aside from that and so far all is goin great. Let the parade continue !!! Thanks for everyone's excitement. I'll post a video later. Axel wants to say hi to everyone.

Sep 20 12 07:14 am Link

Model

Jackie A

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Solacium wrote:

right now i might have to hold off financially- I bought him SO MUCH yesterday.

Anyone know anything about marrowbones? Someone recommended those... Was going to give them a try too.

Marrowbones are yummy, but be watch him to make sure he's not trying to bite through it. He could break a tooth. If he just works at it, licks out the marrow and chews on the edges, it's fine.

As for insurance: Pit Bull Rescue Central (pbrc.net) has a listing of different insurance agencies that don't discriminate against certain breeds. State Farm and Farmers are two that allow pit bulls, in most states. PBRC is a great resource for all kinds of information, legal and otherwise.

Sep 20 12 07:17 am Link

Model

Solacium

Jackie A wrote:

And back to REAL reality: There are insurance companies that don't ask what the breed is, or don't discriminate. And different laws in different states.

NEXT. *waves off*

*hi-fives* I'm so glad I got a rescue dog AND a pit:) he makes me so happy I can't wait to be at home with him again! Luckily the Bf is home so he's not alone all day while I work *whew*

So next topic: any way to ease a cats territoialness? Axel doesnt seem to even realize we HAVE cats, and one responds in kind. Which is perfect. The other needs a little work. It's not dire but I'd like any tips if someone has them.

Sep 20 12 07:18 am Link

Model

Solacium

Jackie A wrote:

Marrowbones are yummy, but be watch him to make sure he's not trying to bite through it. He could break a tooth. If he just works at it, licks out the marrow and chews on the edges, it's fine.

As for insurance: Pit Bull Rescue Central (pbrc.net) has a listing of different insurance agencies that don't discriminate against certain breeds. State Farm and Farmers are two that allow pit bulls, in most states. PBRC is a great resource for all kinds of information, legal and otherwise.

thanks!! I'll be on there after work smile

Sep 20 12 07:19 am Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

In some places around here, it's illegal to forbid someone from owning a pet in an apartment. Landlords tend to ignore this and tenants don't want to fight it, even though they should.

Sep 20 12 07:33 am Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

This is why many landlords are writing "no dogs" leases because they don't want to worry about what breed a dog is.

Illegal in some areas, by the way.

Sep 20 12 07:34 am Link

Model

Solacium

P I X I E wrote:

In some places around here, it's illegal to forbid someone from owning a pet in an apartment. Landlords tend to ignore this and tenants don't want to fight it, even though they should.

a lot of places charge pet rent or pet security fees that discourage people. It's one work around that's unfortunate.

Sep 20 12 08:25 am Link

Photographer

Caradoc

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Solacium wrote:

Nylabone DuraChew Galileo. Took eight years for our hardest chewer to wear one of the nubs down flat.

Sep 20 12 08:34 am Link

Photographer

ArtisticPhotography

Buffalo, New York, US

Solacium wrote:

we checked all our paperwork (my boyfriend owns) and were thrilled to see nothin about PItbulls, but we were worried about that. So unfortunate!!!!

Good.  Glad it worked out.  Keep an eye on renewals.

Sep 20 12 08:50 am Link