Forums > General Industry > Who knows this agency?

Model

Heidi Gaines

Los Angeles, California, US

Just checking with everyone to see who knows the agency Peak Models & Talent in Valencia, CA and what their experiences have been.

On an interesting coincidence, I recieved an email from them wanting to represent me just after I had decided to get into an agency (but haven't started the process yet). 

Thanks!

Oct 26 06 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Heidi Gaines wrote:
Just checking with everyone to see who knows the agency Peak Models & Talent in Valencia, CA and what their experiences have been.

On an interesting coincidence, I recieved an email from them wanting to represent me just after I had decided to get into an agency (but haven't started the process yet).

I know a plus model who is signed with them and works pretty regularly.  She only has good things to say about them.

Oct 26 06 05:07 pm Link

Model

Heidi Gaines

Thanks.  Anyone else know anything about them?

Oct 26 06 07:14 pm Link

Model

Seth Mitchell

Long Beach, California, US

I was with them for a while.  They are non-exclusive so give it a try and see what happens.  I never got any work out of them, but they seem like nice people.

Oct 26 06 07:17 pm Link

Model

OC Girl

Costa Mesa, California, US

I don't know how they are in terms of work.  I have been asked by them to come in too.  I seem to never be available for the call/interview though.  They are licensed.  I have the number somewhere.  I could find it if you like.  Otherwise, it should be listed on the Department of Labor Web site.  Does "Talent" mean acting?  If so, they may be on the SAG Web site too, but I've never checked.

Oct 27 06 12:36 am Link

Model

Heidi Gaines

They checked out legally (SAG franchised and all).  I had the meeting today and got the best compliment ever from an agency.

"You are so high fashion that we may not have enough jobs for you to hold you."

*beams*

Last time I checked into agencies (3 years ago) most said I was too commercial for them.

They're sending some of my photos to their clients anyway to see what the response is.  Which gives me ample time to submit those past agencies wink and see if they've changed their minds...

Oct 28 06 03:20 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

In California, all talent and modeling agencies must be licensed.  The Dept. of Labor has an internet accessible website to check the license status at http://www.dir.ca.gov/databases/dlselr/Talag.html

Congrats.  The agency that praised you is a legitimate, licensed agency.

Oct 28 06 12:04 pm Link