Forums > General Industry > model behaving badly - NAOMI arrested again

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, … 38,00.html

Supermodel Is Arrested
Updated: 01:04, Thursday October 26, 2006

Supermodel Naomi Campbell has been released on bail after being arrested in London on suspicion of assault.

Sky's crime correspondent Martin Brunt said Campbell was arrested yesterday afternoon after a woman walked into a central London police station and made an allegation of assault.

Police arrested the 36-year-old model at a house in Westminster, central London. She was released on bail in the early hours of this morning.

The Sun newspaper reported that Campbell attacked her drug counsellor. The paper claimed the therapist made a complaint after she was "scratched all over her face" by the catwalk model.

A spokesman for Campbell said he believed there had been a "misunderstanding". He said: "We are sure it will all be sorted out when the police investigate."

Campbell is subject to to an ongoing assault case in New York. She is alleged to have thrown a mobile phone at her housekeeper's head in a row at her Manhattan apartment. She failed to turn up to a hearing in September and the case was adjourned until November 15.

Studio36

P.S. She is looking at up to 7 years in the clink in the NY case, and the judge there has threatened to sign off on an arrest warrant if she fails to show up again.

Oct 26 06 07:04 am Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

She attacked her drug counselor! My gawd... that woman's a psycho! Lol...

Oct 26 06 07:28 am Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

Kansas City, Missouri, US

*sneaks up behind Naomi and whacks her over the head with a 2x4*

There, all better now.

*shrug* Someone needs to knock some sense into that dumb has-been.

Oct 26 06 07:41 am Link

Photographer

North Pole Photography

Rossi Photography wrote:
She attacked her drug counselor! My gawd... that woman's a psycho! Lol...

Is this at all surprising?

Oct 26 06 07:46 am Link

Model

Adrienne Nixon

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Dumb? Maybe.
        Afterall, models are not legendary for being highly intelligent creatures. However, she still works, and has a better bod than most 20 year olds I've seen. Must be all the cardio she gets "allegedly" assaulting people and running from court dates!

Oct 26 06 07:49 am Link

Model

Michael W

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

MEWanoDesigns wrote:

There, all better now.

....a has-been isnt a model that still walks the runway.

correct your sentence?
maybe, has been, still IS.

Oct 26 06 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US

That crazy maniac should be fired from modeling. she does not deserve the career or the money. I met her once at an old bar in la called the Monkey Bar and she was awful. There was a few fans outside who asked her for a photo and instead of just saying no thanks not tonight....she said "get the fu*k out my way" People like that deserve nothing good in life. My opinion of course

Oct 26 06 02:34 pm Link

Photographer

The German Woman

Berlin, Georgia, US

Ever heard about how klepto she is? She's known to steal make up from shoots. lol
She needs therapy..ALOT of it

Oct 26 06 02:35 pm Link

Model

Michael W

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

probably.

...but we're not the ones earning millions of dollars..haha

Oct 26 06 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Just a little update...... in my first post I noted that she is facing up to 7 years in NY if convicted of second degree assault [what she is charged with there]. FWIW that charge also carries a MINUMIM sentence of 1 year. So for her it has to be all-or-nothing if she goes to trial with it. There is still time to plead out and ask for a reduced sentence but something tells me she will do some time.

Having a conviction like that could also affect her US visa status dramatically.

Studio36

Oct 26 06 03:32 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

studio36uk wrote:
Just a little update...... in my first post I noted that she is facing up to 7 years in NY if convicted of second degree assault [what she is charged with there]. FWIW that charge also carries a MINUMIM sentence of 1 year. So for her it has to be all-or-nothing if she goes to trial with it. There is still time to plead out and ask for a reduced sentence but something tells me she will do some time.

Having a conviction like that could also affect her US visa status dramatically.

Studio36

Yea, I can see it affecting her imigration status for about 5 minutes.

Don't forget, we've got the same court system that let OJ off.

Bet she'll make more off the publicity than pay in fines big_smile

Oct 26 06 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

JM-Imaging

Houston, Texas, US

MEWanoDesigns wrote:

There, all better now.

Careful, there. 2x4's have been outlawed in England.

Oct 26 06 03:43 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

the system with immigration here in USA is that your American lawyer can deliberately screw up your immigration status - doesnt want or never intended to do the actual paper work you paid them for - then they get away with it every time because you are THEN duent their actions, NOT legally able to sue them ... as you do not have the legal status.
Even when you are legal so far in the process and you sue someone this goes on your record and will prevent next level of application
Then again shes a face
AND there's no rhyme or reason to any of this system

Oct 26 06 04:31 pm Link

Photographer

DAntony

Pasadena, California, US

I bet if somebody just "bitch slap" her ass she'll straighten up!

Oct 26 06 04:33 pm Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Michael W wrote:

....a has-been isnt a model that still walks the runway.

correct your sentence?
maybe, has been, still IS.

Pronunciation: 'haz-"bin, -"ben, chiefly British -"bEn
Function: noun
: one that has passed the peak of effectiveness or popularity
sentance: William Shatner used to be very popular, but now he's simply a has-been.

I didn't say she didn't still work, but as far as people looking to her as an icon, no, sorry, she's more well known for beating people up and throwing phones and going postal.

I won't correct my sentence. But you might broaden your repertoire.

Oct 26 06 06:26 pm Link

Model

Michael W

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

MEWanoDesigns wrote:

Pronunciation: 'haz-"bin, -"ben, chiefly British -"bEn
Function: noun
: one that has passed the peak of effectiveness or popularity
sentance: William Shatner used to be very popular, but now he's simply a has-been.

I didn't say she didn't still work, but as far as people looking to her as an icon, no, sorry, she's more well known for beating people up and throwing phones and going postal.

I won't correct my sentence. But you might broaden your repertoire.

-if she was 'passed the peak of effectiveness or popularity', then she wouldnt be in the  runway shows, now would she?

-she must be pretty popular if she slaps someone and it makes headlines all over the world..

Oct 26 06 06:38 pm Link