Photographer

IanS

Worcester, England, United Kingdom

In your opinion, what is the ideal height for a glamour model ?

Aug 17 05 03:22 pm Link

Model

Tddesigns

Arlington, Georgia, US

I've seen the height's usually average 5'8", but lately they have been averaging 5'5".

http://www.shamitra.com

http://www.teenamarquee.com

Aug 17 05 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

IanS

Worcester, England, United Kingdom

Personnally, I think between 5' 4" and 5'7" is just perfect - but maybe I'm just being too fussy...

Aug 17 05 03:38 pm Link

Photographer

Fred Brown Photo

Chicago, Illinois, US

Height shouldn't be a factor.

Aug 17 05 03:50 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

i like my glamour models 5'6 and under.  the shorter the better.  under 4'11 and we have a problem.

Aug 18 05 09:20 am Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Odd question. 

"Look" plays a much more important role.  That cuts across all forms of modeling with height a contributing factor in look for reasons of proportion when paired with other models, the way clothing appears and the proportion of limbs and torso.

Aug 18 05 09:37 am Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

5'5" - 5'9"

Don't confuse glamour model height with fashion model height.

Like apples and oranges.

Aug 18 05 09:52 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

IanS wrote:
In your opinion, what is the ideal height for a glamour model ?

I don't thinnk there is an ideal height.  If you want to use Playboy as a barometer, I managed a playmate who was only 5'3"  One of my girls was one the cover and she was 5'5"

The tallest girl I manage that gotten into Playboy is about 5'9".  They have ranged all over the board in terms of height.

So if we presume that they have expertise in glamour models, they don't seem to care.  It is more about proportion and the look.

Aug 18 05 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Tall enough to reach the counter to sign the release.

"Height and weight proportionate" is all you really need in a glamour model. Better to be a little taller than average than to be a little shorter, probably, but I've seen models under five feet who would be perfectly usable for glamour, at least solo. You wouldn't want to put other models in the pics or the disparity in size (assuming there was one) might be distracting.

M

Aug 19 05 09:12 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

the average playmate is 5'6"...is there any other glamour standard?

Aug 19 05 09:30 am Link

Model

angelavasquez

Murrieta, California, US

yeah I heard it was 5'8, but I dont think height should matter when it comes to glamour. IT has more to do with the way the body looks than the height of the body...

Aug 19 05 09:44 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

* Visual Mindscapes * wrote:
i like my glamour models 5'6 and under.  the shorter the better.  under 4'11 and we have a problem.

I'm very short biased!! I think they have the sexiest bodies smile  The first girl I dated in high school all but ruined me for the tall girls smile  She was 4'10" smile

Oh wait...we're talking models?  I really don't care how tall they are smile  I like a good smile smile

but I'm still biased to the shorties wink

Aug 19 05 12:01 pm Link