Forums > General Industry > question about an email i recieved from mm

Model

Krista Reese

Jacksonville, Illinois, US

i have just got on to mm this week so i dunno who is really legit here or what? i got this email from this guy ben bruce, asking me to be a part of a fashion show in paris, all expenses paid for a fashion show in nov. did any other models get this? who have been on here for a long time? he said something about DE LA CREATION PARIS and the website is www.fatex.fr, i was so confused on looking at the webpage. you have to switch it to english. but i dunno if i should just back off or give it a shot. help is needed. please and thank you.

Oct 24 06 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

hey mods can we ad a sticky of scams already asked about on MM, just list of agencies and letters that people get. This question gets asked about 3 times a week,

Star

Oct 24 06 12:46 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

scam

Model

Arthur's Town, Cat Island, Bahamas

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Kreese wrote:
i have just got on to mm this week so i dunno who is really legit here or what? i got this email from this guy ben bruce

Did you get the email via the MM mail system or via your regular email?

If you got it via your regular email then it probably has little to nothing to do with MM, and if you got it via your MM Mail, report the user via the Contact - A - Mod link on the info section above: https://www.modelmayhem.com/info.php

Also to lessen the number of scams you are innundated with it is suggested by most experienced members of online communities to *NOT* give out your email address or Instant Messenger ids until you've spoken directly with someone via email in a personal conversation.  You have them right on your MM profile page, I suggest you remove them.

Oct 24 06 12:49 pm Link