Forums > General Industry > I can't believe it!

Model

JulieB

New York, New York, US

I just looked at my port and realized that my tattoo had been airbrushed out of a whole series of photos! The photos were taken a year ago, and I've looked at them many many times, and never ever noticed before.... I feel like a complete freak now!

I guess that means the airbrushing was excellent.

And I have no idea what my body looks like.

Oct 24 06 10:53 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Searust

Austin, Texas, US

Airbrush or PhotoShop?

Miss, do you remember where the tattoo was when you last saw it? Just the facts Ma'am.

Oct 24 06 08:52 pm Link

Photographer

RBDesign

North East, Maryland, US

Don't you talk about that with photographers. Every tattooed model I have ever worked with I have specifically asked if it is ok to remove tattoos if that was my intent.

RB

Oct 24 06 08:56 pm Link

Model

Loretta Lightningbolt

DEVILS ELBOW, Missouri, US

RBDesign wrote:
Don't you talk about that with photographers. Every tattooed model I have ever worked with I have specifically asked if it is ok to remove tattoos if that was my intent.

RB

I think that's very respectful of you!!  I have had photographers love and hate my art, and I don't mind them taking it out at all...just prefer to know about it smile

Oct 25 06 12:36 am Link

Model

Stacey S

Long Beach, California, US

If only all photographers asked if they could remove it before they did.

Oct 25 06 12:38 am Link

Photographer

DigitalJack Photography

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, US

This was good. I never even thought about removing a tattoo or asking, not that I have done any girls with tattoos... but this is good to know when I do.
Thanks.

Oct 25 06 12:48 am Link

Photographer

RBDesign

North East, Maryland, US

here is a very good model that I shot that made it very clear "no screwing with my tattoos". I didn't even have to ask. Maybe you should say something if it is important to you for a shoot.

https://web.mac.com/rwboyer/GLMedia645.jpg

RB

Oct 25 06 12:50 am Link

Photographer

S_D

San Diego, California, US

Ya know this is a good one, I never really thought about doing it on my own, Im usually asked to remove the bad ones. Although my contract states that I have the right to manipulate the photos so as long as it doesnt demise them or something like that...:-) Ill have to check on what it says.

Oct 25 06 08:32 pm Link

Model

JulieB

New York, New York, US

Jeff Genung wrote:
Airbrush or PhotoShop?

Miss, do you remember where the tattoo was when you last saw it? Just the facts Ma'am.

I know, photoshop-- I was in such shock, I was babbling! smile

Oct 25 06 09:16 pm Link

Model

JulieB

New York, New York, US

RBDesign wrote:

RB

No, I've never talked about it with photographers. I guess because I really don't mind either way. The thing that really bugged me is that I've never, ever noticed. Creepy.

Oct 25 06 09:17 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

SickShooter wrote:

I think that's very respectful of you!!  I have had photographers love and hate my art, and I don't mind them taking it out at all...just prefer to know about it smile

ditto!

Oct 25 06 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

SickShooter wrote:

Jessalyn_54 wrote:
ditto!

A guy would have to be dedicated to remove your tats, Jessie! ;-)

Oct 25 06 10:41 pm Link