Forums > General Industry > Thongs are Fading , Gonch is growing ?

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

They don't do it for me.  it could be the pricetag though.  lol

Garry k wrote:
More and more of my female model friends are wearing the female versions of mens style briefs ( esp in winter ) leaving those thongs for only the warmer weather ..Is this just a local trend , or are things changing all over ? ( except maybe in places liek Tennessee where the thong appears to have only recently been discovered ) 

http://www.ginchgonch.com/web/Ginch~Gon … 15416.html

Oct 24 06 01:17 pm Link

Model

Alli Michelle

Miami, Florida, US

e-string wrote:

Uh... my guy doesn't have skid marks. Anyone who does is rather disgusting IMHO.

seriously! plus my guy wears boxers..and I wear this boxers all the time lol and I've never seen skid marks.

Oct 24 06 01:18 pm Link

Model

Alli Michelle

Miami, Florida, US

Jayne Jones wrote:
They don't do it for me.  it could be the pricetag though.  lol

yeah I prefer ones with cute cartoons on them like carebears or my little ponies.I also like ones with super heros.

Oct 24 06 01:19 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Nora_Neko wrote:

seriously! plus my guy wears boxers..and I wear this boxers all the time lol and I've never seen skid marks.

Yeah, my man wears only boxers except every once in a while if he runs out before he has time to do laundry, which isn't often. I haven't seen a single nasty mark on either style, though. Seriously, if a guy can't clean himself up after doing his business, something is wrong with him. lol

Oct 24 06 01:20 pm Link

Model

e-string

Nora_Neko wrote:

yeah I prefer ones with cute cartoons on them like carebears or my little ponies.I also like ones with super heros.

I have Scooby Doo! haha

Oct 24 06 01:21 pm Link

Model

Alli Michelle

Miami, Florida, US

e-string wrote:

Yeah, my man wears only boxers except every once in a while if he runs out before he has time to do laundry, which isn't often. I haven't seen a single nasty mark on either style, though. Seriously, if a guy can't clean himself up after doing his business, something is wrong with him. lol

yeah I know that's so gross!

Oct 24 06 01:21 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

e-string wrote:
The problem with your second picture is that that particular shape went out with the 80s or early 90s.

The problem is that the alternate "straight across the hips" shape is UNFLATTERING on most body types  big_smile  Style or not.
If you look at Victoria's Secret, or Frederick's of Hollywood, or SI Swimsuit the only poses where the girls have the items straight across are at a 3/4 with their bodies torqued in an odd angle, or laying on their sides with hips & legs cocked.  Im more straight-on shots they angle the straps up at least SOME.
This's a good example of how fashion isn't necessarily flattering, and how often what WOMEN thinks look good on them doesn't, at least not to most men...tho most guys're happy enough to see a woman in her panties to be less than honest about it.  Aesthetically, just from a view of lines & angles and body shapes, it's not appealing either.

Oct 24 06 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

e-string wrote:
Uh... my guy doesn't have skid marks. Anyone who does is rather disgusting IMHO.

It's just the idea of it, really
A woman should never use her man's toothbrush, razor, or underwear.

Oct 24 06 01:23 pm Link

Model

Alli Michelle

Miami, Florida, US

SLE Photography wrote:

why not I use my mans toothbrush all the time plus I used his razor once or twice too.

Oct 24 06 01:25 pm Link

Model

e-string

SLE Photography wrote:

The problem is that the alternate "straight across the hips" shape is UNFLATTERING on most body types  big_smile  Style or not.
If you look at Victoria's Secret, or Frederick's of Hollywood, or SI Swimsuit the only poses where the girls have the items straight across are at a 3/4 with their bodies torqued in an odd angle, or laying on their sides with hips & legs cocked.  Im more straight-on shots they angle the straps up at least SOME.
This's a good example of how fashion isn't necessarily flattering, and how often what WOMEN thinks look good on them doesn't, at least not to most men...tho most guys're happy enough to see a woman in her panties to be less than honest about it.  Aesthetically, just from a view of lines & angles and body shapes, it's not appealing either.

I didn't say it's out of style to pull the sides up. I said that particular shape that you posted is very out of style.

And an awful lot of men (and women who like women) have posted saying they find boyshorts very sexy, so it's not true that "most men" don't like it. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it's fact or that everyone agrees with you. My boyfriend actually PREFERS me in bikini or hipster panties over g-strings.

Oct 24 06 01:27 pm Link

Model

e-string

SLE Photography wrote:

That's just bullshit. tongue  I love wearing my guy's boxers, and they look cute on me.

Oct 24 06 01:28 pm Link

Model

Brandy_Lynn

Lexington, Kentucky, US

And an awful lot of men (and women who like women) have posted saying they find boyshorts very sexy, so it's not true that "most men" don't like it. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it's fact or that everyone agrees with you. My boyfriend actually PREFERS me in bikini or hipster panties over g-strings.

Yea, I've had a boyfriend who wanted to see nothing but thongs and another was crazy over boy shorts. I've heard guys bikini bottoms do it for them... their all diff lol

Oct 24 06 01:31 pm Link

Model

Alli Michelle

Miami, Florida, US

e-string wrote:

That's just bullshit. tongue  I love wearing my guy's boxers, and they look cute on me.

yeah me too.I always sleep in them or when I'm at his house and I was dressed up that day sometimes I wear them to be more comfortable.

Oct 24 06 01:31 pm Link

Model

Who Is Tonie

Louisville, Kentucky, US

I remember my first thong! I was 17 year old senior in high school and I wore it with a tight fitting skirt on Derby Weekend! Later that night, I ended up throwing them away because my mother frowned upon those type of undies. I used to be a big fan of thongs in my late teens to early 20's. I stopped wearing thongs when they started making bikini and boyshorts look cool to wear. I only wear thongs on laundry week/day!

Oct 24 06 01:32 pm Link

Model

Meegan

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

i love a lacy booty short!  sexy - you can wear under jeans- and a much needed update from the reg thong

xoxo,

meegan delaney

Oct 24 06 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

e-string wrote:

I never said g-strings, I'm nto a big fan.  Bikinis are cool.  Boyshorts, generally, are not.  And I stand by my contention that most men do not find them attractive.  There was a piece about it in Maxim a whle back and most of the guys agreed that they say they look sexy because they don't want their girlfriends to get mad.  "Do I look sexy in this" is almost like asking "Do I look fat in this."  smile

Oct 24 06 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

SLE Photography wrote:
https://www.slephoto.com/mm_images/thong1.jpg https://www.slephoto.com/mm_images/thong2.jpg

i like the image on the left better.

Oct 24 06 01:37 pm Link

Makeup Artist

LisaJohnson

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Oh yes, we in Tennessee,  we sho nuff only war them white granny panties....sho nuff! 

Sheesh... Uhhh...how IGNORANT is that?  hmmph

Garry k wrote:
More and more of my female model friends are wearing the female versions of mens style briefs ( esp in winter ) leaving those thongs for only the warmer weather ..Is this just a local trend , or are things changing all over ? ( except maybe in places liek Tennessee where the thong appears to have only recently been discovered ) 

Oct 24 06 01:39 pm Link

Makeup Artist

LisaJohnson

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Oh yes, we in Tennessee,  we sho nuff only war them white granny panties....sho nuff! 

Garry k wrote:

Makeup Artist

LisaJohnson

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Garry k wrote:

Photographer

Mr Maki

Tallahassee, Florida, US

thongs are going bye-bye

but --- like any fashion --- they will be back smile

Oct 24 06 01:40 pm Link

Model

e-string

SLE Photography wrote:
I never said g-strings, I'm nto a big fan.  Bikinis are cool.  Boyshorts, generally, are not.  And I stand by my contention that most men do not find them attractive.  There was a piece about it in Maxim a whle back and most of the guys agreed that they say they look sexy because they don't want their girlfriends to get mad.  "Do I look sexy in this" is almost like asking "Do I look fat in this."  smile

So what you like most is string bikinis? Bikinis can't be pulled up. String bikinis can, but depending on the style it can sometimes look like your picture that I said is outdated. Thongs can as well, but sometimes have the same problem as the string bikinis.

So you haven't noticed all the people posting here saying they love to see boyshorts on women? They're not saying it to their own women, so it has nothing to do with placation.

And if a guy is too stupid to figure out how to tell his woman what he likes best on her in a positive way... he probably doesn't deserve her. wink

Oct 24 06 01:41 pm Link

Model

Brandy

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SLE Photography wrote:

SLE Photography wrote:
It looks like a hot chick wearing ill-fitting men's tighty whiteys  smile
Kinda ruins it.

Sorry smile
There was a whole thread on boyshorts a while back and I went off then.  In general, boyshort cuts are unflattering (there're a few ladies this is an exception on but a VERY few), they look silly in most photos, and they way they are worn (as shown in the post link that started the thread) with that flat across the hips thing does TERRIBLE things to women.  I've taken to having to shoot 2 versions of a photo & display it immediately on my laptop to SHOW my models that wearing underwear & swimsuit bottoms that way is NOT flattering & does awful things to their figures.  Plus boyshorts make most women's butts look flat & terrible.  And what the hell is with the ones here with the dick-flap???  If I saw that on a girl I'd think "Damn, she must be a tranvestite."

Observe:
https://www.slephoto.com/mm_images/thong1.jpg
That's how the model says she usually wears them.  So I had her pull the straps up over her hips.
https://www.slephoto.com/mm_images/thong2.jpg
Immediately you see a longer leg line, more cure to the hips, more defineable waist, smoother stomach...And you CAN'T do that with boyshorts.
They will give the rounded stomach lines, the flater wider hips, the distorted waist perception...UGH.

NO BOYSHORTS.

The image on the bottom makes her hips look really, really wide. I can see maybe a tiny angle of the band being ok but pulling the sides up to the hip bones would give a camel toe like no other on me.

For some reason, that bottom image reminds me of back in the 80's when the shorts used to go all the way to the belly button and either be cut off so the ash cheeks show or go all the way to the knees. Add some slouch socks, an oversized t-shirt and poofy hair and you are back in 1988!

Oct 24 06 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Edwards

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Dave Wright Photo wrote:

i like the image on the left better.

In the right-hand image the legs look longer and slimmer, the hips look more rounded and the tummy appears smaller.  I prefer that image.

Oct 24 06 01:46 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

e-string wrote:

So what you like most is string bikinis? Bikinis can't be pulled up. String bikinis can, but depending on the style it can sometimes look like your picture that I said is outdated. Thongs can as well, but sometimes have the same problem as the string bikinis.

So you haven't noticed all the people posting here saying they love to see boyshorts on women? They're not saying it to their own women, so it has nothing to do with placation.

And if a guy is too stupid to figure out how to tell his woman what he likes best on her in a positive way... he probably doesn't deserve her. wink

I love you!

Oct 24 06 01:46 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

You're right. . .they all pretty much look like this:
https://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/tmblg/V255278_W122ARGB.jpg

SLE Photography wrote:

Oct 24 06 01:48 pm Link

Makeup Artist

LisaJohnson

Nashville, Tennessee, US

You work at Vogue?  Perhaps you should look at other magazines other than Maxim once in awhile.... open your eyes to other styles and concepts.  Just a thought on FASHION CRITIQUE.

SLE Photography wrote:

Oct 24 06 01:48 pm Link

Makeup Artist

LisaJohnson

Nashville, Tennessee, US

It's so boring....thongs.  Most every MAXIM type shot looks the same, IMHO, too.  But, that's just my opinion...everyone has one of those too....

David Maki wrote:
thongs are going bye-bye

but --- like any fashion --- they will be back smile

Oct 24 06 01:50 pm Link

Model

e-string

Brandy wrote:

The image on the bottom makes her hips look really, really wide. I can see maybe a tiny angle of the band being ok but pulling the sides up to the hip bones would give a camel toe like no other on me.

For some reason, that bottom image reminds me of back in the 80's when the shorts used to go all the way to the belly button and either be cut off so the ash cheeks show or go all the way to the knees. Add some slouch socks, an oversized t-shirt and poofy hair and you are back in 1988!

Yeah with the way my body is shaped I can pull them up, but like you not all the way to my hipbones. And I'm glad someone else saw the 80s thing. smile

Oct 24 06 01:51 pm Link

Model

e-string

Melissa Lynnette wrote:

I love you!

thanks babe wink

Oct 24 06 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

jayedwards wrote:
In the right-hand image the legs look longer and slimmer, the hips look more rounded and the tummy appears smaller.  I prefer that image.

That was my point, thanks big_smile

Oct 24 06 03:53 pm Link

Photographer

Viva Van Story

Long Branch, New Jersey, US

It's in my list of rules "NO THONGS"   not very pinup!

Oct 24 06 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Face Arts wrote:
You work at Vogue?  Perhaps you should look at other magazines other than Maxim once in awhile.... open your eyes to other styles and concepts.  Just a thought on FASHION CRITIQUE

I wasn't talking about Maxim for fashion critique, I was talking about Maxim in terms of how guys feel about a particular look and how they express their feelings to women about it.  That's nto a fashion crtique  smile

Oct 24 06 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Brandy wrote:

She actually pulled them up to that point, I wasn't going to reach over & adjust them...that was done as part of a quickie wardrobe test to make a point about the look, in an actual shoot I wouldn't have had her pull them up that high.
As e-string mentioned SOME angle can be done without going to this extreme, and some angle is pretty much always desireable depending on themodel's figures.  The flat straight-across thing almost never looks good.  That's ONE of the reasons boy shorts stink.

Oct 24 06 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Jayne Jones wrote:
You're right. . .they all pretty much look like this:
https://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/tmblg/V255278_W122ARGB.jpg

Yup.  That more extreme pose obviates some of the issues I've been talking about.  Point being, in a swimsuit or lingerie shoot boyshorts are much less vesatile in terms of pose & angle because of this.

Oct 24 06 03:59 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

e-string wrote:

I went back & looked, only ONE male has said he found those pictures attractive.  There haven't been other guys saying they find boyshorts hot.
A lot of guys are afraid to tell their women anything of the sort.  As noted, most are so happy to see a woman in her underwear they're afraid to say anything that might cost them the privelege.
Not to mention guys today are often made to feel they're being sleazy or exploitative to even ask to see their girlfriends in sexy underwear *shrug*

Oct 24 06 04:03 pm Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

I've never worn a thong in my life and they kinda gross me out.
I'd rather go commando.

Oct 24 06 04:05 pm Link

Model

Arthur's Town, Cat Island, Bahamas

SLE Photography wrote:
I went back & looked, only ONE male has said he found those pictures attractive.  There haven't been other guys saying they find boyshorts hot.
A lot of guys are afraid to tell their women anything of the sort.  As noted, most are so happy to see a woman in her underwear they're afraid to say anything that might cost them the privelege.
Not to mention guys today are often made to feel they're being sleazy or exploitative to even ask to see their girlfriends in sexy underwear *shrug*

Do you wear what your gf/wife likes or just what is comfortable and what you prefer? Do you wear what flatters you most? wink

Oct 24 06 04:06 pm Link

Model

Brandy

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I think boyshorts look good on girls who don't have a flat ass to begin with. To me, they are kind of like Hooters shorts. The girls with the flat asses can't pull them off... the girls with the cute little bubble butts look hot.

My boyfriend loves boyshorts on me... he keeps buying them is how I know.

Oct 24 06 04:07 pm Link

Photographer

dan orlow assisting

Somerville, Massachusetts, US

SLE Photography wrote:

I guess I'm one of the few exceptions. I hate the thong, don't care much for bikinis and bought my girl some boy shorts and hipsters to run around the house in

Oct 24 06 04:14 pm Link