Forums > General Industry > Fertility Symbol

Model

melaniesk

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

hey all...getting a new tattoo next month and I have been looking high and low for a fertility symbol...dont want a chinease symbol as i am not chinease....dont want your typical things like...frogs...sun...yada yada...I would really like an actual symbol to represent this...does anyone have any ideas????

Oct 23 06 07:58 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Oct 23 06 08:04 pm Link

Photographer

digital Artform

Los Angeles, California, US

An egg.

Oct 23 06 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

Odins Eye

West Wendover, Nevada, US

Not Chinese; You could go with a Venus Figure, which is pretty common/easy to find, stems from Paleolithic Art. Other than that, just pick a culture you like and find one for it, it really isn't all that hard.

Oct 23 06 10:08 pm Link

Photographer

Le Beck Photography

melaniesk wrote:
hey all...getting a new tattoo next month and I have been looking high and low for a fertility symbol...dont want a chinease symbol as i am not chinease....dont want your typical things like...frogs...sun...yada yada...I would really like an actual symbol to represent this...does anyone have any ideas????

The Egyptian Ankh is a fertility symbol
https://www.krisnmike.com/mike/images/ankh_baseBig.jpg

as is the southwestern flute player
https://www.storesonline.com/members/437339/uploaded/Kokopelli-WildHair-32.jpg

Artemis (Diana) the goddess of the hunt and childbirth
https://www.beloit.edu/~classics/Art%20Museum/Mythology%20Art%20Museum/Artemis/Diana_and_a_Hound(Paul_Manship_1925).jpg

Isis is the feminine archetype for creation - the goddess of fertility and motherhood. She has gone by many names and played many roles in history and mythology - as goddess and female creator.
http://www.crystalinks.com/isis.html
https://isis.bit.uq.edu.au/isis_front_r.jpg
https://www.egyptiandreams.co.uk/images/stencils/winged_isis_m.jpg
https://www.katecartwright.com/images/isis_wings.GIF

Oct 23 06 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

Dudley Watson

Roseburg, Oregon, US

melaniesk wrote:

How about a tattoo of a phallis on the inside of your thigh with the head pointed....
well, you get the idea.

Oct 23 06 11:18 pm Link

Model

Shura

Jefferson City, Missouri, US

A rune "Berkana" represents female fertility. Rune "Thurisaz" represents male fertility. I wouldn't tattoo those on the body though, unless you are really know what you are doing and wanted a hoard of kids.

Oct 24 06 02:05 am Link

Photographer

Brian Ziff

rabbits represent fertility.

that's where the playboy bunny comes from.

Oct 24 06 02:09 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

twitching my nose at ya...

theres also this realisic image of male organ
http://www.prostatecancercentre.co.uk/i … l_down.gif

Oct 24 06 02:19 am Link

Model

melaniesk

Shura wrote:
A rune "Berkana" represents female fertility. Rune "Thurisaz" represents male fertility. I wouldn't tattoo those on the body though, unless you are really know what you are doing and wanted a hoard of kids.

What is rune? I know this is going to sound stupid but i dont really want anything to do with 'paganism' or whitchcraft type stuff...like the hex

Oct 24 06 06:26 am Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

Oct 24 06 06:28 am Link

Photographer

Darrell

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

melaniesk wrote:

What is rune? I know this is going to sound stupid but i dont really want anything to do with 'paganism' or whitchcraft type stuff...like the hex

WEll DUH! Fertility symbols are from paganism and such. There are no Judea-Christian that I'm aware of. In fact tattoos are "pagan" in origin as well.

Oct 24 06 06:31 am Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

Brian Ziff wrote:
rabbits represent fertility.

that's where the playboy bunny comes from.

(applause)  Yes!  Gbig_smilebig_smileD morning!

Oct 24 06 06:34 am Link

Photographer

ELANFOTOS

Miami, Florida, US

Darrell wrote:

WEll DUH! Fertility symbols are from paganism and such. There are no Judea-Christian that I'm aware of. In fact tattoos are "pagan" in origin as well.

LOL....NO christian pagan  fertililty sysmbol? WHat about the so called christian cross?

where do you think they go t that from? some original idea they just came up with. Romans-greeks-assyrian-egyptian, all share in similair fertility symbols. The christian cross is a fertility symbol.

Oct 24 06 06:43 am Link

Model

melaniesk

Ok...so ...where do we get this info to know that this is all acurate?

Oct 24 06 06:46 am Link

Photographer

Yerkes Photography

Kingston, New York, US

for me , a sign of fertility is a pregnancy test with a  +  on it ... lol

now that would be a tattoo...

Oct 24 06 06:49 am Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

Anjel Britt wrote:
twitching my nose at ya...

theres also this realisic image of male organ
http://www.prostatecancercentre.co.uk/i … l_down.gif

Couldn't resist smile

https://www.jmdeanphoto.com/pics/updown.gif

Oct 24 06 06:51 am Link

Photographer

ELANFOTOS

Miami, Florida, US

melaniesk wrote:
Ok...so ...where do we get this info to know that this is all acurate?

http://www.thewordsofeternallife.com/cross.html
http://www.ccg.org/English/s/p039.html

Im not endorsing any of these sites, however I have researched many of the listed cross references listed.

Millions of christians would be utterly shocked if they knew the true meanings of most (if not all) of their holidays and traditions. Most have no scriptural backing.

Oct 24 06 06:52 am Link

Photographer

GDS Photos

London, England, United Kingdom

ELAN IMAGE STUDIO wrote:

LOL....NO christian pagan  fertililty sysmbol? WHat about the so called christian cross?

where do you think they go t that from? some original idea they just came up with. Romans-greeks-assyrian-egyptian, all share in similair fertility symbols. The christian cross is a fertility symbol.

I thought it was a crucifix?  Maybe it's a fertility symbol with a large barbell piercing :-)

Oct 24 06 06:54 am Link

Model

Carrie_K

Orlando, Florida, US

Darrell wrote:

Actually, a lot of pagans and wiccans don't believe in scarring the body, and this includes tatoos. So I doubt that tatoos are pagan in origin. But it is correct that most modern day symbols and rituals used in every day life and religion are derived from the ancient beliefs or what we now know as the pagan religion. Including the "christian" cross. The "jewish" star. The "christmas" tree. But I could go on all day on this topic.

Oct 24 06 07:04 am Link

Photographer

Clint

Helena, Montana, US

melaniesk wrote:

Actually, tattooing itself has long been associated with pagan religious practice.  Perhaps that's why in the Levitical law, Moses set down a prohibition of tattooing.  Not that anybody seems to know, care or think that it matters any more.  [Lev19:28]

Oct 24 06 07:10 am Link

Photographer

GDS Photos

London, England, United Kingdom

As thre are many flavours of religion, there are many flavours of paganism.  Pagans in Europe were and are different to those on other continents.  Not all followers of the old religion follow the same old religion.

Oct 24 06 07:14 am Link

Photographer

Clint

Helena, Montana, US

ELAN IMAGE STUDIO wrote:

Not even close.  The cross was a brutal form of Roman execution designed to not only be a long and extremely torturous form of death but also was designed to humiliate utterly.   It certainly is not Hebrew or Christian in origin. 

Even the most cursory reading of the Old Testament, upon which New Testament Christianity is founded, will reveal how the Israelite nation experienced severe chastisement for departing from their own cultural religion and adopting the practices of fertility religions of their neighbors.

Oct 24 06 07:20 am Link

Photographer

Southern Image Photo

Garner, North Carolina, US

ELAN IMAGE STUDIO wrote:

http://www.thewordsofeternallife.com/cross.html
http://www.ccg.org/English/s/p039.html

Im not endorsing any of these sites, however I have researched many of the listed cross references listed.

Millions of christians would be utterly shocked if they knew the true meanings of most (if not all) of their holidays and traditions. Most have no scriptural backing.

Rofl...ain't it the truth!

Oct 24 06 07:28 am Link

Photographer

Southern Image Photo

Clint wrote:

Not even close.  The cross was a brutal form of Roman execution designed to not only be a long and extremely torturous form of death but also was designed to humiliate utterly.   It certainly is not Hebrew or Christian in origin. 

Even the most cursory reading of the Old Testament, upon which New Testament Christianity is founded, will reveal how the Israelite nation experienced severe chastisement for departing from their own cultural religion and adopting the practices of fertility religions of their neighbors.

My understanding is that the original "cross" was simply a "T" shaped construction (when they took the time to actually do that and not just use a simple vertical post) used in crucifying criminals.

It was supposed to be a simple, one time use device, and as such they would not have taken the time to make a more complicated "t" shaped device. Simply hoist the cross beam up on top of the post, afix it in place, and let the dying commence. That type of construction would have been the simplest, most cost effective and strongest way of doing it and there was no need for complicated mortised connections, or additional re-inforcement for the cross beam to keep it from falling off of the vertical post.

In those days, you couldn't just run down to the local Home Depot and pick up a set of nails - everything had to be made individually by hand. Criminals being executed just weren't worth the effort.

So, where did the idea that it was a "t" shape come from? Check out early christian references - particularly the very early catholic references - and I believe you will see the "ankh" symbol show up frequently. As someone earlier pointed out, that is an egyptian symbol. Over time it is my understanding that it evolved to what is depicted today.

Oct 24 06 07:35 am Link

Photographer

Southern Image Photo

melaniesk wrote:

OK, now that was funny! But hey, at least you are trying to figure out what this stuff means before having it permanently imprinted on your hide.

I just can't help but wonder how many of those "chinese" symbols say something in chinese like "I'm an idiot and got a tattoo from a language I can't speak."

Oct 24 06 07:39 am Link

Photographer

ELANFOTOS

Miami, Florida, US

just as a 'seemingly minor" point to those who actually believe the scriptures.

Lest we forget gods arch enemy Satan? He's got this thing for humiliting God. He's done a great job in making a mockery of mainstream religion, their holidays and their main beliefs.(isnt everyone just about sick of religion and its wars? double standards, etc?)

But what better way to humiliate God than by having billlions of misguided followers wear emblems of his murdered son hanging on a phallic symbol? Sound a little harsh? Well 'pagan' worshipping nations where known for setting up their places of worship with long wooden "phallic like" structures which can be seen from miles away,(steeples?) so  the "villagers" could find where "worship" was to take place. And why would they want to know where "worship" took place? Well mostly because worship invloved...sex, sex, sex!

These poles where set up specifically as a "diss" to god, a reference made in the old testament by god as "thrusting the shoot to my nose", something  he viewed as destestable. (wouldnt you).

so while many people have changed the meaning to the cross to mean something else, you cant take away what is going on behind the scenes... a mock slap in the face to god.

Oct 24 06 07:49 am Link

Photographer

Southern Image Photo

ELAN IMAGE STUDIO wrote:
just as a 'seemingly minor" point to those who actually believe the scriptures.

Lest we forget gods arch enemy Satan? He's got this thing for humiliting God. He's done a great job in making a mockery of mainstream religion, their holidays and their main beliefs.(isnt everyone just about sick of religion and its wars? double standards, etc?)

But what better way to humiliate God than by having billlions of misguided followers wear emblems of his murdered son hanging on a phallic symbol? Sound a little harsh? Well 'pagan' worshipping nations where known for setting up their places of worship with long wooden "phallic like" structures which can be seen from miles away,(steeples?) so  the "villagers" could find where "worship" was to take place. And why would they want to know where "worship" took place? Well mostly because worship invloved...sex, sex, sex!

These poles where set up specifically as a "diss" to god, a reference made in the old testament by god as "thrusting the shoot to my nose", something  he viewed as destestable. (wouldnt you).

so while many people have changed the meaning to the cross to mean something else, you cant take away what is going on behind the scenes... a mock slap in the face to god.

Haha...look what happened to the pagan's "Horned One"! Give you one wild guess how he got reconstructed...

Oct 24 06 08:17 am Link

Model

JulieB

New York, New York, US

I have the goddess symbol, which can represent fertility as well as all stages of a woman's life-- You can see it on my stomach in my port.

Oct 24 06 08:59 am Link

Model

melaniesk

JulieB wrote:
I have the goddess symbol, which can represent fertility as well as all stages of a woman's life-- You can see it on my stomach in my port.

Do you have a better pic of it...mabey a close up because you cant really see it.

Oct 24 06 09:22 am Link

Model

melaniesk

Southern Image Photo wrote:

OK, now that was funny! But hey, at least you are trying to figure out what this stuff means before having it permanently imprinted on your hide.

I just can't help but wonder how many of those "chinese" symbols say something in chinese like "I'm an idiot and got a tattoo from a language I can't speak."

This is excatly right...every time i come across something that I think I really like and will get....once I start doing a little more research on it...it actually means something comepletly different. Hence the reason for no chinease tattoo!!! LOL

Oct 24 06 09:25 am Link

Photographer

Southern Image Photo

melaniesk wrote:

Do you have a better pic of it...mabey a close up because you cant really see it.

If she's using the symbol I think she's using, it's kind of like the 3 phases of the moon, center circle with two arcs on either side facing outward. Supposed to represent Maiden, Mother, and Crone - at least that's what I've been told...

Oct 24 06 09:33 am Link

Photographer

Southern Image Photo

melaniesk wrote:

This is excatly right...every time i come across something that I think I really like and will get....once I start doing a little more research on it...it actually means something comepletly different. Hence the reason for no chinease tattoo!!! LOL

What's the chinese symbol for "dumba$$"?

Oct 24 06 09:34 am Link

Model

Shura

Jefferson City, Missouri, US

melaniesk wrote:

Rune or runes is letters of alphabet used by Germanic people in from about 3rd to 13th century. In pre-christian northern Europe runes were also used for magic and divination. Each rune has a meaning, it's special use, in fact several uses. Like Berkana could be used for female fertility, or Pertho would be drawn on the belly of the woman that was giving birth. This stuff is not witchcraft really. Not hexs, no love spells, no fluffy stuff. But it is a good idea not to put tattoo anything on the body that you don't have much knowledge about.

Oct 24 06 01:15 pm Link