Forums > MM Market > Photo Gear > FS: Century Graphic Press camera and accessories!

Photographer

Telephoto Studio

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

Vintage Century Graphic 2 1/4 X 3 1/4 press camera and accessories for sale - $450 or best offer!

See photos here - http://fotogear4sale.blogspot.com/2012/ … press.html

The camera is in mint condition!  It has a 80mm f 2.8 Schneider Xenotar lens on a Synchro-Compur-D shutter - a wide-angle lens for the sheet-film format, but a normal len for 120 medium-format film.  The shutter operates pretty much like all modern leaf shutters - it has a X-synch with PC connector.  You need a shutter release cord to screw into the body of the shutter.  You can shoot hand-held with the release button in the plastic jig at the top left of the camera.  But you can also shoot with the camera mounted on a tripod.

It has a Kalart synchronized rangefinder, and one of those aperture and wire framing devices where the front wire pops up from the lens stage, and the rear sight rotates up from over the film back.  It has both a graflok back and a tubular viewfinder. 

I do have some sheet film holders for this camera, but I don't think they are making sheet film in this size anymore.  I'd recommend using 120 mm roll film in the Century Graphic roll film adapter (included) - this normally sells for over $100!

It comes with a fitted vulcanite case for the camera which go for $40.

It also includes a Graflite 2773 bulb flash, 5" Graflex#2743 reflector.  Flashes have been selling for up to $100 because these are the models for the Star Wars light-sabers.   Bulbs are getting harder to find, so I'd plan to use an electronic flash with this camera.  You can buy almost any flash (side mount potato-masher or even a hot-shoe mount on a frame) with a bi-post Paramount synch cord (available from some larger camera stores in Raleigh, or via B&H or any good catalog camera store.

So I will price it at $450 or reasonable offer.  That means you make me an offer - not ask me how much I'll sell it for.   

Cash or paypal - you pay shipping.  If local to me, I'll deliver within 50 miles.   E-mail me at [email protected]

Jul 23 12 09:23 am Link